The lure of progressive jackpot slots can be overwhelming: the thought of winning a life-changing sum of money on your computer, tablet or smartphone being a very real possibility. One of the most notorious slot games for delivering huge wins is Mega Moolah, the Egyptian-themed title from Microgaming. This old favourite has been at it again, too: delivering a huge jackpot payout of €6.6 million to one very lucky player.
When firing up your favourite slot titles, do you dream of riches and big cash wins or simply find it an enjoyable way to pass your spare time? Players will fall into both camps, but for most the reality is the latter: slot gaming is a fine way to enjoy the thrills and spills of casino gaming without the need to leave your house.
But progressive jackpot games offer something special. They have the ability to stack up increasingly humongous sums of money as the jackpot goes ‘un-won’, and eventually that amount will always be scooped by a player who happens to be in the right place at the right time. That was certainly the case at Zodiac Casino where one lucky son-of-a-gun (can you sense the jealousy there?) became a millionaire six times over…with change to spare.
€6.6 million is one of the largest amounts ever scooped on UK shores, although Mega Moolah and Microgaming are no strangers to handing out hefty sums of money. In fact, the total prize fund paid out by Microgaming so far is in excess of €647 million. What makes this story all the more incredible was that the player in question had taken advantage of a special promotion that afforded him or her 80 chances to become a millionaire for just €1.
It just goes to show that it’s well worth keeping an eye out for such offers, as they can clearly reward players handsomely. David Reynolds, games publisher at Microgaming, said:
"Mega Moolah has consistently made the headlines since launching over ten years ago, and it seems set to continue that trend. Congratulations to Zodiac and their player on this life-changing win."
Believe it or not, this latest payout from Mega Moolah pales into insignificance compared to the largest jackpot in their history. The game now proudly features in the Guinness Book of Records having paid out a rather tasty £13,209,300 to one Mr Jon Heywood, who bagged the loot playing Mega Moolah via the Betway website. How would you go about spending all of that? I could think of a few ways...
Seven-figure payouts are nothing new from Mega Moolah and progressive jackpot games in general, and such is the buzz for these kinds of slot games that the jackpots are increasing more rapidly than ever before. There is an unspoken contest between Mega Moolah and Mega Fortune to create the world-record payout, and the makers of the latter must have been fuming when the former beat their previous highest mark by just £18,000.
For a number of years the record jackpot stood at €17,861,800 when a Swedish gamer took home the bounty from Mega Fortune, the jewel in NetEnt’s progressive crown. Yet, as the old saying goes: ‘all publicity is good publicity.’ The win may have put a dent in their Christmas bonus fund, but at least the news will have created additional demand for the game.
These two games are only a couple within what is an ever-growing segment of online casino gaming. Mega Moolah and Mega Fortune may take all of the headlines as far as jackpot prizes are concerned, but there is still lots to be said about many of the other progressive titles out there. Take Everybody’s Jackpot, for example. Here is a more community-spirited title.
The winner scoops 70% of the jackpot when they trigger the big prize, with the remaining 30% paid out proportionately to all players who took part in the qualifying period. So here the old adage ‘it’s not the winning that counts, but the taking part’ really is true. The most popular progressive jackpot network is that offered by Playtech as part of their Marvel series.
Here, games like Fantastic Four, Iron Man III and The Incredible Hulk are all linked by the Marvel Mystery progressive jackpot, so every time somebody plays any one of these titles the jackpot increases. That’s superhero gaming for some super-human jackpot prizes. If you'd like a shot at becoming the next millionaire off a single spin, head over to Betway Casino today and start spinning!
DISCLAIMER: Online Wagering is illegal in some Jurisdictions.
It is your responsibility to check your local regulations before
playing online. GDC Trading Ltd takes no responsibility for your
© 2011-2018 GDC Trading Limited. All Rights Reserved. Gambling.com is a registered trademark of GDC Trading Limited.