Gambling.com Group is looking for talented individuals interested in the fast-paced, fast-growth online sports betting and online gambling industry in America. Gambling.com Group was founded by Americans more than 12 years ago with major business operations in Europe and exceptional growth potential in the U.S. Gambling.com Group operates a variety of websites, such as Gambling.com, Bookies.com, and GreatLakesStakes, which help consumers navigate legal online sports betting and gambling options with reviews, news, tips, odds comparisons and more.
More than two dozen states now offering legal, regulated sports betting and more are poised to do so in 2021 and beyond. This growth represents a tremendous opportunity for Gambling.com Group to educate Americans on legal sports betting. With a $15.5 million equity investment by New Jersey-based Edison Partners, a new and growing U.S. HQ in Charlotte, North Carolina and key leadership hires, Gambling.com Group is poised to lead this effort.
We have an opening for a Lead Full-Stack Developer to work on our data focused websites and products focused on the US Sports gambling market. This person will have the opportunity to be involved in depth and at scale with Serverless technologies in building our systems with AWS lambda primarily.
The person will be expected to lead a team and help them perform and have a positive impact on a broad range of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Contribute new features to our PHP(Laravel sites) sites
- Maintaining our internal tools(PHP) and the API’s that power them
- Ensure APIs are providing accurate and reliable data to sites at all times
- Ensure uptime and availability around key sporting events
- Assist with releases and deployments multiple times per day
- Work with EU based team and comfortable with slack, zoom pair programming remotely
- Some hands on leadership experience; mentoring and training Junior Developers; code reviews etc.
- 5+ years of commercial development experience using PHP
- Experience building and maintaining websites, applications and API’s using Laravel
- Understanding of front-end technologies, such as Vue.js
- Comfortable with GitHub and the gitflow model
- Can use ORM’s to access data but also know how to drop down to SQL statements if needed
- Clear ability to work in teams, contribute to technical decisions and deliver exciting new products to the world
- Possess a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Able to work independently but know when to ask for help
- Document all code and features for maintainability
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive private Healthcare Insurance
- Flexible work environment and home office available
- Home office allowance
- Gym & Leisure Allowance
- All the hardware and software you need to be successful
- Regular company events and social outings, activities, Spot Awards and a Monthly Social Club
- Access to courses for Personal and Career Development
- Company Paid Volunteer Day