Gambling.com Group is a multi-award-winning provider of digital marketing services for the global online gambling industry. The Group publishes free-to-use information portals that offer comparisons and reviews of regulated online gambling websites around the world. Gambling.com Group is looking for talented individuals to join its diverse and growing team in Europe.
The Group was founded 15 years ago and has positioned itself as one of Europe’s primary affiliate marketing companies, leading the way in responsible player acquisition across the regulated, global online gambling industry. Through a portfolio of brands including Gambling.com, Bookmakers.co.uk, Casinosource.co.uk and many more, Gambling.com Group helps online gamblers start their consumer journey with confidence by delivering best-in-class content, including expert analysis, reviews, news, tips, odds comparisons and more.
Gambling.com Group has offices in Dublin (E.U. headquarters), Malta, as well as a new and growing U.S. headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina. As online sports betting in the U.S. continues to roll out at an exponential pace, Europe remains a key market of focus for the Group, which is experiencing a period of exciting growth on both sides of the Atlantic.
We have an opening for a Development Lead to manage a team and help them perform and have a positive impact on a broad range of tasks.
The role involves working on our PHP(Laravel) based products. This person will have the opportunity to be involved in depth and at scale with creating quality websites and applications for consumers and internal users.
- Maintain high standards of code quality, documentation, and information sharing
- Perform constructive code reviews and foster an environment of openness
- Delivery of new websites and tools & drive continuous improvement
- Analyze the technical risks in projects and make recommendations
- Spend 50% of your time writing code
- Guide a team of junior developers and QAs to produce new sites, features, and products
- Direct Line management for developers and QAs including goal setting, reviews, and performance matters
- Work with Product Managers and Project Managers to deliver projects on time
- Manage QA to ensure testing begins early in the product lifecycle
- Research new technology and implement where possible
- Provide accurate estimates in planning sessions
- Build strong working relationships within and outside the team
- Be flexible as the organization grows and requirements change
- Participate the hiring process of new developers
- Demonstrate accountability for sites the team has developed, and assist with questions when needed
- Work with EU based team and comfortable with slack, zoom pair programming remotely
- Some hands-on leadership experience; mentoring and training Junior Developers; code reviews etc.
- 5+ years of commercial development experience using PHP
- Experience building and maintaining websites, applications and API’s using Laravel
- Understanding of front-end technologies, such as Vue.js
- Comfortable with GitHub and the Gitlow model
- Can use ORM’s to access data but also know how to drop down to SQL statements if needed
- Clear ability to work in teams, contribute to technical decisions and deliver exciting new products to the world
- Possess a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Able to work independently but know when to ask for help
- Document all code and features for maintainability
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive private Healthcare Insurance
- Flexible work environment and home office available
- Home office allowance
- Gym & Leisure Allowance
- All the hardware and software you need to be successful
- Regular company events and social outings, activities, Spot Awards and a Monthly Social Club
- Access to courses for Personal and Career Development
- Company Paid Volunteer Day