Location: Virginia/Southeast or Remote (If Remote must be willing to work Eastern Time Zone hours)
Gambling.com Group is looking for talented individuals interested in the fast-paced, fast-growth online sports betting and online gambling industry in America. Gambling.com Group was founded by Americans more than 12 years ago with major business operations in Europe and exceptional growth potential in the U.S. Gambling.com Group operates a variety of websites, such as Gambling.com, Bookies.com, and GreatLakesStakes, which help consumers navigate legal online sports betting and gambling options with reviews, news, tips, odds comparisons and more.
More than two dozen states now offering legal, regulated sports betting and more are poised to do so in 2021 and beyond. This growth represents a tremendous opportunity for Gambling.com Group to educate Americans on legal sports betting. With a $15.5 million equity investment by New Jersey-based Edison Partners, a new and growing U.S. HQ in Charlotte, North Carolina and key leadership hires, Gambling.com Group is poised to lead this effort.
We are looking for a Journalist to work on our Gambling.com Group websites with a focus on reporting and writing high-quality sports betting, casino and legislative news content with a focus on Virginia and the Southeast region as assigned.
The person in the role should be responsible for the generation of original content for our website platforms including quality control, ideation and reporting to stakeholders on results.
This role sits within our content teams but consistently works cross-functionally with our product sales, design, social and marketing teams to create the perfect user experience and remain aligned with core company goals.
Your core responsibilities as Journalist will be:
• Ideating, reporting and writing high-quality original content for several online platforms
• Work with writers and editors to develop a strategy and schedule for content across various websites to align with company KPIs and strategic goals
• Work with editing team to promote content and brand across social platforms
• Work with stakeholders and product managers to deliver original content that aligns with sporting calendar, news requirements, product updates and website development
• Optimize copy and data within content created using knowledge of SEO and internal company SEO teams, persuasion or branding, depending on the occasion
• Work between product, SEO, marketing, Ops and Content teams to ensure tone of voice and brand standards are met
• Continually suggest new and exciting ways to engage and form relationships through development of content
• Strategic planning and ideation with larger content and product teams
• Experience writing copy for a wide array of marketing and content needs
• Experience in writing across a gambling environment as it pertains to developing state and legislative news, trends and analysis
• Fluent in English, and an excellent writer and communicator
• Experienced in working within digital content writing (Gambling industry a plus)
• Flawless writer with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
• Demonstrated experience in managing online content
• Demonstrated experience in creating content and editorial products
• Knowledge of HTML and SEO
Perks & Benefits
Gambling.com Group is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, sex, marital status, race, national origin, disability, creed, religion, genetic information, HIV status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. The Company is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination and all other terms conditions and privileges of employment.