Location: Ireland or Remote (If Remote must be willing to work CET/GMT Timezone)
Gambling.com Group is a multi-award-winning provider of digital marketing services for the global online gambling industry. The Group publishes free-to-use information portals that offer comparisons and reviews of regulated online gambling websites around the world. Gambling.com Group is looking for talented individuals to join its diverse and growing team in Europe.
The Group was founded 15 years ago and has positioned itself as one of Europe’s primary affiliate marketing companies, leading the way in responsible player acquisition across the regulated, global online gambling industry. Through a portfolio of brands including Gambling.com, Bookmakers.co.uk, Casinosource.co.uk and many more, Gambling.com Group helps online gamblers start their consumer journey with confidence by delivering best-in-class content, including expert analysis, reviews, news, tips, odds comparisons and more.
Gambling.com Group has offices in Dublin (E.U. headquarters), Malta, as well as a new and growing U.S. headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina. As online sports betting in the U.S. continues to roll out at an exponential pace, Europe remains a key market of focus for the Group, which is experiencing a period of exciting growth on both sides of the Atlantic.
We have an opening for a Lead Engineer to work on our BI Team with a focus on internally developed tools, providing accurate and consistent data for analysis. This person will have the opportunity to be involved in depth and at scale with Serverless technologies in building our systems, with AWS lambda primarily.
The person will be expected to perform and have a positive impact on a broad range of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Provide subject matter expertise in terms of Python best coding practices and optimisation
- Contribute new features to our Python based web scraping and Data processing scripts
- Ensure data collection is complete and accurate at all times
- Ensure failures are minimised and corrected efficiently and timely
- Work with global based team and comfortable with slack, zoom pair programming remotely
- 5+ years of commercial development experience using Python Scripting
- Experience building and maintaining applications, API’s and web scraping using Python
- Experience of providing Team Leadership and/or mentorship in a distributed team environment
- Understanding of front-end technologies, such as Vue.js
- Comfortable with GitHub and the gitflow model
- Can use ORM’s to access data but also know how to drop down to SQL statements if needed
- Clear ability to work in teams, contribute to technical decisions and learn/suggest new technologies
- Possess a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Able to work independently but know when to ask for help
- Document all code and features for maintainability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience with PHP and/or Javascipt would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience of cloud-based databases (Snowflake) would be advantageous but not essential
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive private Healthcare Insurance
- Flexible work environment and home office available
- Home office allowance
- Gym & Leisure Allowance
- All the hardware and software you need to be successful
- Regular company events and social outings, activities, Spot Awards, and a Monthly Social Club
- Access to courses for Personal and Career Development
- Company Paid Volunteer Day