Q2 Interim Report | 3 months ended 30 June 2019
APR-JUNE 2019 (COMPARED WITH APR-JUNE 2018)
- Revenues totalled EUR 4.42 (3.77) million, an increase of 17% all of which was organic.
- Adjusted EBITDA excluding non-recurring costs totalled EUR 0.99 (1.39) million, corresponding to an adjusted EBITDA margin of 23 (37)%
- EBITDA totalled EUR 0.94 (1.14) million, corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 21 (30)%
- Net cash generated from operating activities was EUR 1.62 (0.87) million
- New Depositing Customers (NDCs) totalled 19,487 (16,020), an increase of 22%
JAN-JUNE 2019 (COMPARED WITH JAN-JUNE 2018)
- Revenues totalled EUR 9.67 (7.22) million, an increase of 34%. The organic growth rate was 33%.
- Adjusted EBITDA excluding non-recurring costs totalled EUR 2.75 (2.70) million, corresponding to an adjusted EBITDA margin of 28 (37)%
- EBITDA totalled EUR 2.70 (2.14) million, corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 28 (30)%
- Net cash generated from operating activities was EUR 2.67 (2.39) million
- New Depositing Customers (NDCs) totalled 46,752 (32,004), an increase of 46%
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING THE SECOND QUARTER 2019
- New US States Legislation | Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Colorado (subject to referendum), Montana, New Hampshire, and Tennessee took measures to authorize sports betting.
- Gambling.com hosted the Inaugural American Gambling Awards | The 14 winners were recognized for their leadership in the regulated, online U.S. gambling industry on June 18, 2019.
- Directorship of The Fantasy Sports & Gaming Association (“FSGA”) | In April 2019 the Group representative Gavin Walters was appointed to the FSGA Board of Directors.
- Membership of The Associated Press Sports Editors (“APSE”) | Gambling.com Group Plc was granted a membership as the first member dedicated to covering the emerging sports betting market in the United States.
- Publication of 2018 Annual Report | The 2018 Annual Report and consolidated Financial Statements was published on April 25 and is available on the official website of the Group (www.gambling.com/corporate).
- Increase in United Kingdom Remote Gaming Duty | The increase in Remote Gaming Duty on operators from 15% to 21% became effective from April 1st, 2019. The UK Gambling commission also introduced new more rigid KYC requirements for operators.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER THE REPORTING PERIOD
- Go-ahead for business in Pennsylvania and West Virginia | The Group has received approval from both the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board and the West Virginia Lottery to provide services to licensed gaming operators in the respective states.
- Charlotte office opening | The Group has opened a second American office in Charlotte, North Carolina.
“The Group continued on its growth trajectory by delivering revenue of EUR 4.42 million, representing growth of 17% compared to Q2 2018, despite regulatory headwinds and no major sporting events occurring during the quarter.”
Charles Gillespie, Chief Executive###
For further information, please contact:
This information is information that Gambling.com Group Plc is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation 596/2014. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08:00 CET on 22 May 2019.
About Gambling.com Group
Gambling.com Group Plc is a multi-award winning provider of digital marketing services for the global iGaming industry. Founded in 2006, the group has a workforce of more than 110 and operates from offices in Dublin, Tampa and Malta. The group publishes websites that offer comparisons and reviews of online gambling websites in 15 national markets in 9 languages. Players use these resources to select which online gambling operators they should trust to offer a safe and honest online gambling experience. The Group’s publishing assets include the leading iGaming industry portal, Gambling.com® as well as Bookies.com and the CasinoSource℠ series of portals, among many others.