Gambling.com Captures National Writing Award In APSE Contest
Gambling.com Group won a national writing award in the Associated Press Sports Editors annual contest.
The group joined APSE in 2019 and competed in the competition that recognizes the best sports journalism in America for the second time. Last year it was honored as well.
Gambling.com Group was judged in the B category, the second largest. Other winners in the B category included the Indianapolis Star, Las Vegas Review-Journal, Omaha World-Herald, Charlotte Observer, Orlando Sentinel and Detroit News.
Senior writer Bill Ordine was named Top 10 in the Projects category for a series of stories explaining the major trends impacting gambling in the U.S. in 2020 and what it meant for the future of gaming in America. The project was also guided by how the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has reshaped life.
Among those issues: a surge in people wanting to play from home; the move to a cashless society; the big business of gaming companies going public; the importance of protecting consumers as both states and the federal government (IRS) wade into a Brave New World; and the confusing, risky and changing world of offshore sportsbooks..
Stories In This Project
- As Society Goes Cashless, Casinos Could Soon Follow
- US Online Poker Enjoys Renaissance With Players Homebound
- WSOP Main Event 2020 Could Be Glimpse into the Future
- As SPACs Explode, Which Gaming Company is Next to Go Public?
- States Showing Urgency in Expanding Online Gaming Options
- Virginia Sports Bettor Bill of Rights Should Just Be a Start
- IRS Takes Aim at DFS but Customers Could Be Collateral Damage
- 5Dimes Faces Challenges if It Wants to Reinvent in US
- A Cautionary Tale When Betting with an Offshore Site
APSE is a professional organization representing sports editors, assistants and staffs nationally, with a focus on standards for fairness, ethics and journalistic excellence. Its contest is considered the most prestigious in sports journalism.
Winners will be recognized at the APSE Summer Conference in Las Vegas Aug. 15-18.
Be first to get our exclusive sports offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.