The Dos and Don'ts of the Casino
A night at the casino is one of high stakes, high glamour and high expectation. But it's important that players enter with an element of decorum, self-control and determination in order to fully appreciate the experience. To help you make the transition from 888's Online Casino to Caesar's Palace, take a look at these casino Dos and Don'ts:
- Dress for the occasion. Not all casinos will have a dress code, but donning smart attire will give a sense of occasion, give you good standing at a table, and ensure you're not precluded from high stakes games if you wish to partake.
- Set a pot limit. Decide on how much you can afford to lose in a good run at a casino, and don't go over it.
- Ask for advice. Dealers, croupiers and other casino staff are always more than happy to answer sensible, timely questions. And most fellow players will gladly engage in a strategy discussion at an appropriate juncture in play.
- Experiment with strategies. A big part of the fun is developing strategies and pitting them against the house. Whether it's dabbling with the Martingale System at the Roulette table or practising your psychology in a round of poker, stick to your plan, test its effectiveness and enjoy the game of luck and skill
- Soak up the ambience. It's easy to get caught up in the intensity of a Blackjack run or the energy of a Craps table, but don't forget to take five minutes at the bar, soak up the ambience, and collect your thoughts before the next punt.
- Get to know the games. Online gaming sites like SuperCasino offer all of the top casino games. Spend a little time getting to grips with the rules and flow of your chosen game, test a few schemes and then you'll enter the casino battle-ready rather than market fresh.
- Expect to win. All games have a house edge, a percentage profit a casino should mathematically expect to make over an evening. This means the odds are against you from the start. If you enter hoping for luck, expecting to lose and ready to have fun testing strategies to improve your chances, you're guaranteed to leave with a smile on your face. Any cash you pick up along the way is a bonus.
- Interrupt a game. Joining a table or attempting to place a bet after a round is disruptive and frustrating. At best you'll seem rude, at worst you'll look ignorant.
- Try and cheat. It doesn't work. Trying to see someone's cards, sneakily change bets or in any way unfairly influence a game will anger other players and most likely get you booted out. However, remember that card counting isn't cheating. If you have this skill, use it (subtly).
- Fall into fallacy. If you start seeing thoughts like "I'm due a win" or "the next one has to pay out" creeping in, that's the warning signs of gambler's fallacy and it's time to take a break before you empty your bank account.
- Get too drunk. Slow betting, spilling drinks and struggling with strategy are all nasty side effects of too much booze. A tipple or two is great, but if you want to leave with the shirt on your back rather than a host of embarrassing memories, stay in control.
To get a taste of real-life casino gaming while sitting at your desktop, head to Coral Live Casino today!
Recommended Casino Sites
100% up to $1000 + 5% top up on all deposits
100% Welcome Bonus Up To $500 + 50 Free Spins
Welcome Bonus up to NZ$1000, + 150 Free Spins
200% Welcome Bonus up to NZ$2500 + 50 Free Spins
100% Up To $300 + 50 Free Spins
Up to $1000 Casino Bonus & 100 Free Spins
200% Welcome Bonus up to NZ$500 + 100 Free Spins
200% Welcome Bonus up to NZ$5000 + 50 Free Spins
100% Welcome Bonus up to $1150 + 500 free spins
Welcome Package, 100 Spins + 100% up to NZ$800 Bonus
Stay In The Loop With New Casino Sites & Offers!
Free Spins. Exclusive Bonuses. Sent Weekly.