Top Pac 12 Football Betting Tips for the 2018-2019 Season
- Bet Washington to win the Pac 12 at 13/10 with Karamba.
- bet Cal wins Under 6.5 games at 17/20 with William Hill.
- Avoid UCLA's Over/Under for season total wins.
The college football betting previews roll on as we head to the west coast. The Pac 12 has plenty of hopes coming into the season, but what does the championship picture look like? What are some of the best season over/under bets to look at? We present the Gambling.com Pac 12 betting guide for the 2018-2019 season.
Pac 12 Championship Odds and Storylines
The “Conference of Champions” hasn’t been able to produce much in the College Football Playoffs (CFP) yet, joining the Big Ten in missing out entirely in 2017. Despite the best efforts of USC and Washington, the Pac-12 fell victim to cannibalization as both teams limbed into bowl season with three losses and little hope of making the Playoff. Both teams would get pounded by angry Big Ten teams in bowl season, Washington only making a late run at Penn State after going down 21 in the second quarter.
Favorites to Win the Pac 12
It looks to be Washington vs the pack at this point. In fact, there’s not one game on paper that Washington doesn’t have a statistical probability of winning, and their opening game is Auburn. Washington’s defense in 2017 was straight terrifying, led by the man with the longest name in football: Tevita Tuliʻakiʻono Tuipulotu Mosese Vaʻhae Fehoko Faletau "Vita" Vea. He’s gone, so it’ll be up to Greg Gaines to cause havoc on opposing offensive lines.
On offense, Washington has Heisman dark horse Jake Browning (and with his worst Heisman odds hovering around 22/1, he’s worth a bet). He led the most efficient offense in the Pac 12 last season, and the return of RB Chico McClatcher will only help things. Compile all of this, and Washington, on paper, stands above the Pac 12 North.
Their competition is Oregon and Stanford. Rivals first: Oregon is led by Justin Herbert under center. He’s been super effective when healthy, and possibly worth a Heisman look if you can find odds on him (good luck). The defense took several steps forward under Jim Leavitt, but still allowed some seriously big plays. They’ll be dangerous if they can clamp down on those.
Stanford has Bryce Love, a true Heisman favorite. David Shaw has always been a power run coach, and he’s got the back to do just that. Unfortunately, inconsistent QB play has cost the Cardinal recently. Additionally, Stanford’s defense will need to be more consistent as well. It was good enough to get them to the Pac 12 title game last year, but it might not be enough this season.
Mirroring the Big Ten, one division is stacked and one is a one horse race. USC is the team to beat in the South, but they’re going to take a few steps backward. Losing a 1st round draft pick QB is always going to hurt some, but a program like USC shouldn’t experience growing pains the whole season (usually). The defensive line will experience some of those, but the rest of the defense should be fine.
Top Pac 12 Championship Odds to Back
It’s hard to pick against Washington, there’s little reason they shouldn’t win the Pac 12 and book a spot in the College Ffootball Playoff. Karamba offers the best odds for them at 13/10. If you’re looking for higher reward, Stanford is likely your best bet with 11/2 odds across most the top bookmakers online.
The Dark Horse
Dark horse pick: Utah. To paraphrase, the best thing about sophomores is that they turn into juniors, and that’s the Utah offense. The defense has been steady top 40 for the past decade. Utah’s odds of 20/1 at 888sport are best on offer.
Related: For bonus and offers check out New betting sites.
Pac 12 Over/Under Season Wins to Bet On
- Oregon Over 8.5: Even at 888sport | The Ducks should challenge for the Pac 12 title, plain and simple. They’ll have some growing pains early, but they’ll get their wins early. If they can get through Washington without losing any key players or their mentality (or better yet, upset Washington), the Ducks should reach 10 wins pretty comfortably. Take the over.
- Arizona Over 7.5: 19/20 at 888sport | Consider the dual-threat QB. The highly touted QB prospect for other offensive positions. Usually only one or two schools offer at QB, and then they light the world on fire. Lamar Jackson at Louisville, Quinton Flowers at USF. Arizona has Kahlil Tate. When he came back from injury, he launched himself into the spotlight with over 1,000 rushing yards and 957 passing yards. It turned Arizona into one of the most explosive offenses in the nation. The defense was extremely young last year, and can only improve. The offense alone last year dragged the Wildcats to a 7-5 regular season, and it’s hard to imagine they’ll do anything but improve. Expect 8 wins and take the over.
- Cal Under 6.5: 17/20 at William Hill | Cal won’t be a bad team, they just play a bunch of really good teams. They can start 3-0, but BYU winning wouldn’t be an upset. The only other realistic wins on the schedule are Oregon State and Colorado. Everything else would be a surprise. The Golden Bears certainly could surprise, but can they get 2-3 upset victories in one season? Take the under.
Pac 12 Over/Under Bets to Avoid
- Avoid Washington State at Over/Under 6 | Mike Leach is one of the steadiest winners in college football, so why are we avoiding Wazzu? Mostly the same reason to bet that under on Cal, but also partially because that 6 looks like a push this year. The division that Wazzu plays in is absolutely stacked, plus they have USC and Utah. The Cougars offense is always reliable, but the defense can go up and down. Last year, it was up. This year, it’s likely to take a step back. Can the offense ride Wazzu to 7 wins? It’s totally possible, but this season could go anywhere from 5-7 wins. If you believe in the defense, go over. If not, avoid.
- Avoid UCLA at Over/Under 5 | The innovator of the most entertaining offense in college football is back! Chip Kelly and UCLA! What could go wrong? Probably a lot, or it could be great. The defense was plagued with injuries, so there’s some experience all over the field. You’d think they can’t possibly get worse, but Kelly teams were never known for defense, were they? The offensive skill positions have a lot of potential, but not much experience on the line. Kelly could definitely plan the offense around that, but can he get the Oregon magic working in year 1 after flaming out in the NFL? Absolute wildcard. Avoid the uncertainty and don’t bet on UCLA.
Pac 12 in the Playoff?
The Pac 12 isn’t expected to win the College Football Playoff, so you can get pretty good odds on the Pac 12 conference favorites. Washington is considered the Pac 12's best shot in the CFP, with the best odds sitting at 22/1 at 888sport. Behind them USC and Stanford both sit at 50/1 at William Hill, as well as Oregon at 100/1. 2018 might be the chance for the Pac 12 to truly become the Conference of Champions.
Recommended Betting Sites
100% Welcome Bonus up to £50 Promo Code: TONY5018+ New Players only. For free bet wagering requirements and minimum odds read T&C’s. www.begambleaware.org Terms Apply In order to activate this bonus on the personal TonyBet account, please, enter the bonus code TONY50 when a deposit is made and wager your deposit 10 times on betting markets with odds of at least 1.65 within 30 days. This offer is available to new players who made the first deposit. All players must be 18+ years old and of a required legal age to gamble. Odd/even, no action (bets made on both sides of the same bet), cancelled bets, replicated bets and bets that have had their odds equated to 1 are not included into the bonus wagering.
Bet £10, Get £30 in Free Bets + £10 Casino Bonus
Bet £10 Get £1018+ New Players only. For free bet wagering requirements and minimum odds read T&C’s. www.begambleaware.org Terms Apply 18+. New UK customers only. Min bet £10 to receive £10 Free Bet (placed and settled 35 days from registration). Min odds of 3/5. Free Bet credited at qualifying bet settlement and placed within 35 days. T&C's apply. Please gamble responsibly, www.begambleaware.org - Full Terms Apply
Get up to £100 in Free Bets + up to 100% in Boosts18+ New Players only. For free bet wagering requirements and minimum odds read T&C’s. www.begambleaware.org Terms Apply 18+, New customers only. Deposit + bet £20-£100. Must Deposit £50 and opt in for marketing preferences for Boosts. Boosts credited 24 hours after deposit. Full T&Cs apply. Begambleware.org
Open Account Offer - Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365
Bet £10, Get £1018+ New Players only. For free bet wagering requirements and minimum odds read T&C’s. www.begambleaware.org Terms Apply 18+, Welcome Bonus: New Players only, 1st Deposit, Min Deposit: €10, max €10 bonus, valid for 14 days, bets must be placed at odds of 1/1 or greater and be settled within 14 days of placement.System bets no eligible. Click to see full T&Cs
EXCLUSIVE: Bet £15, Get £1018+ New Players only. For free bet wagering requirements and minimum odds read T&C’s. www.begambleaware.org Terms Apply 18+, Welcome Bonus: New Players only, 1st Deposit, Min Deposit,: £10, max £10 free bet valid for 14 days, bets must be placed at odds of 1/1 or greater and be settled within 14 days of placement. System bets not eligible. Neteller,Skrill and Paypal not eligible. T&Cs apply
Bet £10, Get £10 + 50 Extra Spins18+ New Players only. For free bet wagering requirements and minimum odds read T&C’s. www.begambleaware.org Terms Apply New customer offer; Place first £10 bet on sports with 3 legs at odds of 1.3 or greater per leg; Free Bet and Extra Spins credited after the qualifying bet has settled; Free Multiple Bet must contain 3 legs at odds of 1.3 or greater per leg; Free Bet and Extra Spin stakes not returned; No wagering requirements on winnings; £200 max win; T&C’s apply; 18+
Bet £20, Get £1018+ New Players only. For free bet wagering requirements and minimum odds read T&C’s. www.begambleaware.org Terms Apply 18+ New Customers Only. Minimum Deposit and wagering on sport to activate the Free Bet is £20. Customers who deposit using Neteller, Paysafe, Skrill or Skril 1-Tap will not be eligible for any free bet offer.BeGambleaware.org
Bet £10, Get £20 in Free Bets18+ New Players only. For free bet wagering requirements and minimum odds read T&C’s. www.begambleaware.org Terms Apply Qualifying bet must be min odds of 1/2 and cannot be placed in-play or cashed out. E.g. Place a £10bet at minimum odds of 1/2. When that bet has been settled, you will be given a free £5 fixed odds bet to use that day. New customers only. See full Ts&Cs apply. 18+ begambleaware
Stay In The Loop With Free Bets, Insider Tips & More!
Live Betting. Sports Promos. Sent Weekly.