Craps Table Etiquette
The game of Craps consists of one or more players making wagers against the casino on the outcome of a roll – or a series of rolls – of a pair of dice.
Craps is one of the most popular casino games around, and also one of the most sociable; its format encourages multiple players and even spectators – unlike most other casino games. However, while online Craps doesn’t have to contend with these factors, bricks and mortar casinos are strict on player behaviour. Because there may be several people around a table at any one time, it’s important that players learn Craps etiquette before heading off to their local casino for a couple of rolls.
Although not all of these guidelines are necessarily official rules – many of them are – just like any other form of gambling etiquette, it would be wise to remember them at all times. Cheating in Craps is not unheard of, nor is it out of the question for over-exuberance to result in suspicion where a party might be perfectly innocent.
Check Out: New Casinos for Welcome bonus and offers.
Table Etiquette Guidelines
Be sure to take careful note of the following instructions; adhere by all of them and you can get on with simply having a good session next time you’re at the craps table.
- One of the key points in Craps etiquette is that dice can be thrown using only one hand. If a player decides to switch the hand with which they are handling the dice, they should place the dice on the table first, before picking them up with the other hand.
- When handling the dice, a player should never take them over the edge of the table.
- Players should remove their hands from the table area once the “shooter” (the player throwing the dice) is ready to roll.
- The shooter is required to hit the wall at the farthest end of the table when throwing the dice, although some casinos might accept a throw as long as it travels past the middle of the table.
- When buying in, a player should wait for the dice to be in the middle of the table and only put the money down when instructed to do so by the dealer.
- The dice have to be thrown and can’t be slid across the table.
- Players are required to throw the dice at the eye level of the dealers or lower.
- As with gambling etiquette across different games, drinks, mobile phones and other items should never be placed on the table as they disrupt the game.
- Unlike online Craps – where random number generators and computers do their work for them – the dealer is the most important person at the table. Always, always give a healthy tip.
- Players shouldn’t take too long when configuring the dice before throwing. Some casinos’ prevent players from “setting” the dice to a particular starting configuration at all.
- Just like with online Craps, a player should know what bets they will be making before it is time to make them.
- A player should also know when it is their turn to make a bet, as this will guarantee the smooth running of the game.
- Players should never mention the word “seven” at the table, as Craps etiquette dictates that the number (usually a terrible outcome for most people at the table) will appear once it’s mentioned.
- Players shouldn’t change dice in the middle of a roll as it is considered bad luck.
- For the same reasons, gambling etiquette guidelines consider it rude for a player to leave after a successful come-out roll.
- Being cordial and respectful to other players at all times is an essential part of Craps etiquette.
Recommended Casino Sites
Play £10, Get 30 Extra Spins on Rainbow Riches
100% Welcome Bonus up to £250
Royal excitement awaits 100 spins + up to £200 bonus
100% Welcome Bonus up to £100 + 10% Cashback
Spend £10, Get 30 Extra Spins on MONOPOLY Paradise Mansion
Welcome Package 100 Spins + Up to £50 Bonus18+ New Players only. Gamble responsibly. www.begambleaware.org Terms Apply Min. deposit £10. Bonuses that require deposit, have to be wagered 35x. This offer is available to players residing in United Kingdom only. Deposits may be withdrawn before a player’s wagering requirements have been fulfilled. However, if this occurs, all bonuses and winnings will be voided/removed from the player’s account. Players must contact support in order to withdraw their deposit. 18+
Welcome Package of 100 spins + up to £200 bonus
Deposit £10 , Get 30 Extra Spins
Play £10, Get 30 Extra Spins on Double Bubble
100% up to £300 + 100 Spins18+ New Players only. Gamble responsibly. www.begambleaware.org Terms Apply 18+. New players only. Min Deposit £20. Max Bonus bet £5. Winnings from spins capped at £50. 100 Zee spins valid on starburst (first 10 credited immediately upon first deposit; rest credited at 07:00 GMT at 10/day). Spins must be used by 23:59 GMT of the day on which they are credited to player account, any unused shall be removed. Bonus funds must be used within 30 days. Bonus funds are seperate to cash funds, and subject to 35x wagering (bonus + cash). Full terms apply. Begambleaware.org
Stay In The Loop With New Casino Sites & Offers!
Free Spins. Exclusive Bonuses. Sent Weekly.