Today's Best Bets on the MLB Schedule, June 23
Throughout the season, we will give you betting advice for a National League and American League game each day and throw in a few quick pitches for player prop bets, Over-Under bets or moneyline bets on other games.
National League Best Bet
Philadelphia Phillies +140 at San Diego Padres -150
9:40 p.m. ET
The Philadelphia Phillies have been one of the hottest teams in MLB since June 1, but they are coming off two losses to the Texas Rangers, who won all four scheduled games against the Phillies this season.
The San Diego Padres are in a near dead-heat with the Los Angeles Dodgers and are a much better team than the Rangers.
However, the market has overpriced the Padres and I am going with the contrarian bet on the Phillies using the moneyline tonight.
The MLB Betting Angle of the Day
This betting system has produced an 81-69 record, for 55% winning bets. It has averaged a +162 underdog bet and has made the $100 bettor a $6,200 profit over the past 20 seasons and is 7-0 over the last five seasons. The requirements are:
- Bet on underdogs of +140 and greater.
- Our dog is taking on a foe that averages .9 or fewer home runs per game.
- The foe is coming two consecutive games in which they stranded 10 or more runners on base in each game.
American League Best Bet
Houston Astros +110 at New York Yankees -120
7:05 p.m. p.m.
This begins a four-game showdown of AL division-leading teams that might be a preview of the ALCS.
The following are the situational trends and angles that support a betting opportunity on the Astros and is a moneyline bet I am taking to the window.
- The Astros are 24-9 on the moneyline when facing an AL foe scoring 4.9 or more runs per game on the season in games played over the past two seasons.
- The Astros are 11-1 on the moneyline when facing a starting pitcher that has won 80% of his games over the past three seasons.
These are some other bets to consider on today’s schedule.
- Take the Phillies’ Bryce Harper to have at least two hits at +230 at FanDuel.
- Take the Orioles’ Dean Kremer Under 3.5 earned runs at -160 at Caesars.
- Take the Astros’ Yordan Alverez to hit a home run at +320 at FanDuel.
Be first to get our exclusive sports offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.