Check out the best cricket betting sites in Ireland below and simply click 'Bet Now' to sign up and claim a welcome bonus today.
Cricket is one of the most popular sports in the world and online cricket betting is becoming an increasingly popular way to get even more involved in the action at the best betting sites. As such, many cricket betting sites are available to Irish bettors, offering a range of exciting betting markets and bonuses to punters.
With so many options, determining which cricket betting sites are safe and reputable can be a struggle. That’s where we come in – our team of experts have thoroughly reviewed and rated all online cricket betting options to bring you the best cricket betting sites.
We're keen to ensure that our readers know exactly what they're signing up for when they choose one of the top cricket betting sites available in Ireland. We'll go on to discuss cricket betting strategy in more detail - but one useful tip is to shop around for value when it comes to odds and bonuses, which means you should consider signing up with multiple online bookmakers. This is purely for strategic purposes and we'd urge you to gamble responsibly while taking a savvy approach to online cricket betting.
To make choosing the best cricket betting site a little bit easier for you, we've taken a closer look at some of the leading betting cricket bookmakers online in more detail below.
888sport offers a comprehensive range of online cricket betting markets and competitive odds as well. This operator is well-known for its 888casino, which is one of the original online casinos founded way back in 1998. In recent times they have put plenty of effort into 888sport and that makes this a great destination for cricket bettors.
If you're looking for cricket match betting markets or outright/futures odds, 888sport has both in abundance. Their mobile app is a big plus for betting on-the-go on all sports. But when it comes to cricket specifically, their attention-to-detail really stands out. The live cricket betting options are numerous and when you click on an in-play match, you're presented with a graphical representation of weather conditions, as well as team lineups and info on match statistics. Free bets and ongoing promotions are a staple of 888sport as well. You'll find out more information on those aspects and more in our dedicated 888sport review.
If you're into online sports betting, then you've almost certainly heard of bet365. This operator is known and trusted around the world and has a huge customer base.
Comprehensive market coverage, highly competitive cricket betting odds and regular free bets are just some of the features that make this such a popular destination for cricket bettors. But the standout feature is without doubt live streaming. Twenty20 matches, one-day internationals and test matches can all be streamed to your mobile device or desktop, so you can watch all of the action unfold. For example, bet365 streamed all of the matches from the 2021 ICC Men's T20 World Cup. bet365 was also one of the first online bookies to popularise the cash out feature - allowing punters to make a profit before the conclusion of their bet.
We've only really scratched the surface here, so if you want more info on bet365 check out our bet365 review put together by our team of online sports betting experts.
Betiton does the simple things well when it comes to cricket betting. The market selection isn't as comprehensive as what you'd see with the likes of 888sport and bet365. But if you're the type of cricket punter who likes a no-frills betting site that is quick and easy to navigate, Betiton could be the bookmaker for you.
There is a solid range of banking options and the minimum deposit/withdrawal amount is €10, which is a fair deal for customers.
The main reason we recommend Betiton, however, is their Boostiton offer that all existing customers can access. If you're somebody who likes combining your cricket selections into an accumulator, then Betiton is the cricket betting site for you. Why? Because they boost every acca incrementally, meaning the more legs in your acca, the bigger the boost you'll receive.
For example, a six-fold acca will accrue a 10% bonus. Or, if you're lucky enough to land a winning nine-fold, your winnings will be boosted by 25%. Any lucky punter who manages to land a 15-fold cricket accumulator will land a 77% bonus on top of their winnings.
For the full lowdown on Betiton's welcome bonus details and more, check out the Betiton review compiled by our team of sports betting experts.
Our large team of sports betting experts with years of experience in the industry know just what to look for when it comes to cricket match betting at online bookmakers. Each site is vetted with strict criteria to ensure it performs well in all aspects, including customer support, payment methods, bonuses, and mobile usability. Below are just some of the unnegotiable features all the best cricket betting sites in Ireland must have:
● Welcome bonuses and sign-up offers: All of the best cricket betting sites highlighted on this page give new customers welcome bonuses. These generally come in the form of free bets or bet credits and we highlight the welcome offers that are simple to understand and have clear terms and conditions, so there are no hidden surprises.
● Mobile online cricket betting experience: All of the top online cricket betting destinations have mobile-optimised browsers or slick apps that allow you to bet on-the-go. The sites we recommend give you the chance to place cricket bets easily using your chosen mobile device.
● Licensing and legislation: Every betting site we recommend is fully licensed by a regulator such as the UK Gambling Commission or Malta Gaming Authority. We only highlight cricket betting sites that are safe, secure and legal to bet with in Ireland.
● Industry reputation in the online betting world: The top online bookmakers have established strong reputations for a reason and customers need to know they are dealing with sites that are held in high regard by industry experts. Again, that's where Gambling.com comes in, highlighting operators that are considered leaders in the online betting space.
● Popular payment options and fast withdrawals: The best cricket betting sites allow customers to deposit and withdraw with a wide range of payment methods including various debit cards and e-wallets. They also ensure withdrawals are processed quickly when you want to cash out your winnings.
● Simple and secure sign-up process: The sign-up process should be simple but should include customer verification protocols. This adds on a bit of time to the registration process but is actually a positive - as it means the best betting sites take responsibility to their customers seriously.
● Odds on domestic and international matches: Only cricket betting sites with incredible cricket betting odds make it on to our list of recommendations. This will allow you to take home a larger payout if you're successful.
● Variety of cricket betting markets available: All of the best cricket betting sites have fantastic domestic and international game coverage. No matter which cricket game you’re interested in, there’s bound to be a bet you can place.
● Types of cricket bets accepted: Our experts only highlight cricket betting sites with various cricket match betting options, including simple bets on the match-winner, bowler betting, and wagers on who will win the toss. More obscure proposition bets also feature on our list of the best cricket betting sites for even more fun.
● In-play features such as live cricket streaming: Our top-rated cricket match betting sites offer live cricket streaming, allowing you to watch the game and place bets live as the action unfolds. It is one of the most immersive ways to participate in online cricket betting at the best in-play betting sites.
It is legal to participate in cricket match betting in Ireland if you are over 18. However, it is only permitted when done so at licensed and regulated cricket betting sites. These sites must be accredited by regulatory authorities such as the Malta Gaming Authority.
Cricket betting sites with these licences abide by strict criteria set out by the regulatory bodies to guarantee safe, fair, and legitimate online betting. Our recommended best cricket betting sites have such licences and are legal for Irish players. When placing bets on cricket, or any other sport on our recommended sites list, you can be sure you are betting in a legal and safe environment.
You may be wondering what the buzz around cricket match betting is all about. There are many advantages to signing up for a cricket betting site and getting involved in the action, especially if you are already a cricket fan. Here's why you should give it a shot:
● There is always something to bet on: Cricket is an incredibly historic and well-established game and there are multiple cricket leagues around the world that run throughout the year. As such, cricket betting sites always have something fun and entertaining you can bet on. Tournaments span both hemispheres, from English First-Class Country Cricket, to Australian Big Bash, meaning games are running all year round no matter where you are.
● There are many betting options: As cricket is such a popular game, the best cricket betting sites have an incredible range of exciting bets to place. With a plethora of wagers at your fingertips, partaking in online cricket betting is never dull. You can wager on markets for top batsmen, most sixes, most wickets bowled, and more.
● Cricket live streams: Top online cricket betting apps and websites offer live streaming along with cricket betting, allowing you to stream the match to your device and place bets live. This option is not available for all sports betting markets and is a massive perk of online cricket betting. Indian Premier League games were some of the first cricket matches to be live-streamed, and since then, more and more competitions can be watched at live streaming betting sites.
The best cricket betting sites work hard to entice new players and reward existing customers for their loyalty. Sportsbooks do this through online cricket betting offers and promotions. Every cricket betting site will run its own bonuses, meaning no two are quite the same. However, there are some common offers you’ll see cropping up again and again.
For example, all of the best cricket betting sites run welcome offers. These are promotions exclusively for new players and tend to be the most lucrative on the site. Most cricket betting sites will have a deposit match bonus as part of a new player promotion, where the site matches all or part of the value of your initial deposit up to a certain amount. In other cases, cricket betting sites give out free bets to new players.
You will need to deposit to unlock this bonus in most instances, whereas occasional no deposit offers sometimes appear. These are the most popular among players as no upfront financial investment is required, but for the same reason, this makes them a rarity even at the best cricket betting sites.
Free bets are among the most popular promotions that are commonly up for grabs at cricket betting sites. As the name suggests, online cricket betting sites award players with a free bet of a fixed amount. They offer an excellent opportunity to make riskier bets with higher payouts without taking on any actual financial risk.
Sportsbooks commonly give free bets as part of welcome packages. In these cases, you will need to register for an account and make a qualifying deposit. Other sites may run free bets as a reload bonus for existing players that require players to deposit and stake a certain amount on a specific day or per week to be eligible for the promotion.
When claiming a free bet, wagering requirements apply, which refers to the number of times you need to wager the bonus amount before you can withdraw any winnings as cash. The top cricket betting sites, such as those highlighted on this page, have attainable playthrough requirements. However, always read through the bonus terms and conditions before claiming an online cricket betting promotion to avoid surprises.
Our recommended cricket betting sites are built using the latest HTML5 technology, meaning they adapt to any screen size and are optimised for smartphones and tablets. The mobile versions of sites will have larger text, adapted menus, and reduced graphics. You’ll be able to access all areas of your account, deposit and withdraw funds, and place wagers on the go.
Some of the best cricket betting sites also offer a native mobile app. The best betting apps are available on iOS and Android devices, downloadable from the App Store and Google Play. Many have a live cricket betting app section so that you can stream matches to your phone and place in-play bets. You can also set your app to provide notifications on your phone, ensuring you are always up to date with cricket bets, results, matches and offers. In terms of performance, apps tend to offer better connectivity and usability than a mobile browser version of a site but do take up storage space on your device.
There are hundreds of markets for cricket punters to bet on as the game is in-play, adding further excitement when watching a cricket match. In-play cricket betting is particularly enjoyable when compared with live betting on other sports - probably due to the fact that there are so many variables to be taken into account when you're live betting on a cricket match.
Weather conditions can play a big part, while the game-state can give bettors an insight into the mentality of a batsman or bowler. If a batsman is running out of balls while chasing a hefty run target, they are likely to be hunting fours and sixes. A savvy cricket bettor may want to check out the odds on the 'fall of next wicket' market in this case - with that being just one example among many.
Over-by-over betting is always popular as well if you want to predict how many runs will be scored off the next six deliveries, or if you reckon a wicket will be taken in a particular over.
Live online cricket sessions betting is comparable to standard live cricket betting but is specifically for sessions in test cricket. These sessions are split into three: morning, afternoon and evening, with the morning and afternoon sessions usually separated by a 40-minute lunch break, and the afternoon and evening sessions by a 20-minute tea break.
When using cricket betting sites to place session bets, you are betting on events that will occur over one of these sessions rather than the match in its entirety. To find out more about live betting on test matches, check out our test cricket in-play betting guide.
There are three main types of cricket matches; test matches, one-day matches and Twenty20 games. The International Cricket Council provides match officials to regulate each game, with matches also played under the ICC’s approved rules and regulations. Let’s take a closer look at the types of cricket matches:
This is the traditional format of cricket and the one that purists love the most. Test matches are played across four innings (two for each team) that can span five days. The approach is slower and more tactical, but these matches can build towards incredibly tense conclusions. International test cricket matches are considered the highest level in the sport.
To make cricket more appealing to younger generations, tournaments were developed with matches that could be resolved in a single day. These include one-day internationals (ODIs). International ODIs are played with 50 overs for each team in an innings, and there are more runs, more wickets, and more excitement over a shorter space of time.
Cricket becomes fast and furious when played in the T20 format. Each team has 20 overs in an innings, and only one inning, to score as many runs as possible. Powerplay rules in the first six overs mean these games start ferociously and continue that way right until the end. Check out our Twenty20 cricket betting strategy guide for advice on T20 betting that may come in handy when betting on popular tournaments.
Cricket tournaments are some of the most widely-attended competitions worldwide, with the IPL, Australian Big Bash, and The Ashes all attracting huge interest across the globe. Here are some of the world’s most famous cricket competitions:
Ashes betting is extremely popular with cricket punters. This is a rivalry with a long-standing history of over 100 years. England and Australia play a five-test match series in this fierce competition. The teams play each other every two years, alternating in location between the two countries. The team that wins the most matches takes home The Ashes. If the series ends in a draw (2-2, 1-1), the previous holders retain The Ashes.
The IPL is an Indian Twenty20 tournament held between eight teams from eight different Indian cities and is one of the most-watched sporting tournaments in the world. With massive amounts of prize money on offer and big deals handed out to players, major stars from across the globe are attracted to play in this spectacular two-month competition. With Twenty20 being the most fast-paced and action-packed version of the game, cricket bettors love a bet on the IPL and you'll find an array of IPL betting markets at our recommended best cricket betting sites.
The Pakistan Super League consists of six teams from six cities competing against one another in T20 format. The teams with the best record then play each other in the playoffs until one team reigns victorious. While not as popular as the neighbouring IPL, the PSL still attracts top players and only the very best cricket betting bookmakers in Ireland offer odds on this competition.
As the T20 format became more popular, it was inevitable there would be an international tournament to reflect this. The T20 World Cup pits the 10 fully registered ICC teams and six qualifying teams against each other. The teams then play through two group stages before entering the knockout rounds to decide a champion. T20 betting is guaranteed fun and the World Cup adds international rivalries into the mix to enhance the drama.
This is another T20 regional tournament and one of the 10 best-attended sports leagues globally. The Australian Big Bash League pits eight city-based Aussie teams against one another in a league-to-playoff format, keeping Twenty20 fans entertained between December and January each year since its foundation in 2011.
Originating in the south-east of England nearly 500 years ago, cricket has a strong and rich history in the UK. It became the national sport of the UK in the 18th century and spread worldwide in the following years. Cricket will always be associated closely with the UK and England in particular, and there are many domestic leagues that present excellent betting opportunities for punters.
The 18 first-class counties compete in four-innings test matches across the season. Teams play in divisions and accumulate points for wins and a draw. However, teams can score bonus points over the first 110 innings for exceptional play in county cricket.
This one-day cricket competition splits the 18 first-class counties into two groups of nine. Each team plays eight one-day cricket games in their division. The three teams with the most wins in each division qualify for the playoffs. Teams are whittled down until there is a champion.
Teams from the 18 first-class counties put out teams to compete in this T20 competition. Teams play across a season, and the top two teams from each division and the other two with the best record enter the playoffs. The team that comes out triumphant is the winner of the T20 title.
One of the newest formats of cricket that debuted in 2021. Teams were selected via draft format and assigned to eight newly-formed groups to compete against each other in 100-ball innings. Every group is given at least one international test cricketer.
Due to the detail-oriented nature of cricket, there are many different types of bets you can make on the game. Here are some of the most popular bets you'll find on cricket betting sites.
● Team to win the match: A simple outright bet in which you choose between the two groups to back who you think will emerge victorious.
● Top team batsmen: You can bet on which players from each team you think will score the most runs during the game. While they are pretty consistent, one delivery can change everything.
● Top match batsman: This may require more thought than the previous bet type, as the batsman that scores the most runs is usually on the winning team. Therefore, there is more to consider with this bet type.
● First over total runs: Cricket betting lends itself to smaller bets too. Here, players will be given an over/under on how many runs will be scored from the first over.
● Total innings runs: Usually, sportsbooks will offer this in an over/under format. Will a team score more than 200 runs? Will there be more than 400 runs scored in a match? These numbers will vary greatly depending on the format, so you can obviously expect a much higher total in a test match - when compared to T20 games or ODIs.
● Most match sixes: This is a tricky betting category to guess as the most consistent batter might not necessarily be the one hitting the most sixes.
● Player of the match: The clue is in the name with this one. Factors such as the bowling surface can affect this bet. For example, if a batsman does exceedingly well on a rugged wicket, that could tip the scales in their favour.
If you love the sound of online cricket betting and want to know how to place your first bet, simply follow this step-by-step guide and you can place your cricket bets in minutes!
Although there is no way to know the outcome of a bet with 100% certainty, you can use cricket betting strategies and tips to potentially increase your chances of winning. Here are our top tips for walking away from cricket betting sites with a profit:
● Make researched and well-informed bets: It can be tempting to put your money on your favourite team to win. However, you should be conducting a lot of research surrounding previous wins and stats and basing your bets on this data rather than your hopes or intuition.
● Compare odds across different cricket betting sites: Cricket betting odds will vary slightly between sportsbooks. It is worth checking the odds on several sites and using the most favourable rates for bigger payouts.
● Manage your bankroll carefully: When placing wagers at cricket betting sites, we advise you only to bet a maximum of 10% of your bankroll on a single match to reduce the risk if the bet does lose. You can place various singles and proposition bets for the chance of bigger payouts.
The best online cricket betting sites offer a range of banking methods so that depositing and withdrawing from your account is straightforward. The precise betting payment methods will depend on which cricket betting sites you’re playing at. However, commonly accepted options in Ireland include debit cards, e-wallets, prepaid top-up cards, and bank transfers. The majority of these are available for both deposits and withdrawals.
When deciding on a payment method, payment limits are an essential consideration. The best cricket betting sites in Ireland offer a wide payment limit range, meaning you have great control over your finances. However, cricket match betting sites may base these limits on your chosen payment method.
Moreover, withdrawal fees may apply with some payout methods. Alternatively, our recommended cricket betting sites all offer no or low withdrawal fees, meaning you get to keep more of your winnings. And there are withdrawal processing times that vary between payment methods. So when choosing a suitable payment method for you, make sure you take into account all the variables.
All in all, online cricket betting is an excellent option for anyone wanting to bet on sports. With games played throughout the year and many domestic and international leagues to choose from, you’ll always find an exciting bet to place.
If you want to get involved, register for one of the best cricket betting sites for punters as recommended by our experts. With incredible odds, market coverage, and live cricket betting options, there is a reason we have recommended these specific sites. That’s not to mention the generous bonuses, excellent mobile capabilities, and variety of payment methods.
Can’t wait to place your cricket bets by now? Sign up for one of the best cricket betting sites and claim a generous welcome offer today to see what the excitement is all about.
Yes, sites with valid licensing and regulation from trusted authorities like the Malta Gaming Authority are safe for Irish bettors. Check each site’s accreditation as an indication of its legitimacy. Our team of experts strictly assess the reputability and security of our recommended online cricket betting sites so we only guide you towards sites that are safe and trustworthy.
The best cricket betting sites for Irish punters are all listed on this page. We update our list constantly, considering new sportsbooks and more established betting sites to ensure you’ve always got access to the best!
Yes, many cricket betting sites offer live cricket betting (in-play betting). The top-rated cricket betting sites allow you to stream the games to desktop and mobile devices while placing bets. It is one of the most exciting ways to partake in online cricket betting.
Yes! You can place real-money cricket bets at cricket betting sites and if these wagers win, you will receive a real-money payout. Visit one of our recommended sites to claim a generous welcome offer to boost your bankroll further.
Yes! Many cricket betting sites offer some form of cricket bonus. Examples include free bets, welcome offers, deposit match bonuses, and no deposit promotions. Check the entry requirements and terms and conditions before claiming any offer to avoid disappointment.
"A passionate sports betting expert and journalist with over 15 years spent in the gambling industry."