Check out the best cricket betting sites in New Zealand below. Simply click 'Visit Site' to sign up and claim a welcome bonus today.
Cricket is one of the most popular sports betting markets globally. Thanks to the global audience that follows cricket, from the Caribbean to New Zealand, there is no shortage of cricket bettors. It also means that there is a wide selection of sportsbooks competing to provide the best cricket odds and markets.
It can be hard to sort between the best betting sites and the rest with so many choices. That’s why our betting experts at Gambling.com have put together this guide tailored to cricket bettors in New Zealand, ensuring that you get the best cricket wagering experience. We cover major events, cricket betting tips, and the best cricket betting sites that cater to Kiwi bettors.
|📱 888sport||Mobile cricket betting on 888sport app|
|🏏 William Hill||Established cricket betting brand|
|🎁 BetVictor||Generous welcome bonus|
|💸 Royal Panda||Live cricket betting with cash out|
|⬆️ mr.play||Enhanced odds on cricket multis|
We're keen to ensure that our readers know exactly what they're signing up for when they choose one of the top cricket betting sites available in New Zealand. We'll go on to discuss cricket betting strategy in more detail - but one useful tip is to shop around for value when it comes to odds and bonuses, which means you should consider signing up with multiple online bookmakers. This is purely for strategic purposes and we'd urge you to gamble responsibly while taking a savvy approach to online cricket betting.
To make choosing the best cricket betting site a little bit easier for you, we've taken a closer look at some of the leading cricket betting sportsbooks online in detail below.
888sport offers a comprehensive range of online cricket betting markets and competitive odds as well. This operator is well-known for its 888casino, which is one of the original online casinos founded way back in 1998. In recent times they have put plenty of effort into 888sport and that makes this a great destination for cricket bettors.
If you're looking for cricket match betting markets or outright/futures odds, 888sport has both in abundance. Their mobile betting app is a big plus for betting on-the-go on all sports. But when it comes to cricket specifically, their attention-to-detail really stands out. The live cricket betting options are numerous and when you click on an in-play match, you're presented with a graphical representation of weather conditions, as well as team lineups and info on match statistics. Free bets and ongoing promotions are a staple of 888sport as well. You'll find out more information on those aspects and more in our dedicated 888sport review.
If you're into online sports betting, then you've almost certainly heard of bet365. This operator is known and trusted around the world and has a huge customer base.
Comprehensive market coverage, highly competitive cricket betting odds and regular free bets are just some of the features that make this such a popular destination for cricket bettors. But the standout feature is without doubt live streaming. Twenty20 matches, one-day internationals and test matches can all be streamed to your mobile device or desktop, so you can watch all of the action unfold. For example, bet365 streamed all of the matches from the 2021 ICC Men's T20 World Cup. bet365 was also one of the first online bookies to popularise the cash out feature - allowing punters to make a profit before the conclusion of their bet.
We've only really scratched the surface here, so if you want more info on bet365, check out our bet365 review put together by our team of online sports betting experts.
Mr Green is another operator originally known primarily for its online casino product, although they now have a cutting-edge online sportsbook which merits respect and has plenty of cricket betting options. Mr Green has now added a UK Gambling Commission license to go along with its licence in Malta - and that makes this sports betting site a rock-solid destination for cricket bettors.
The one striking element of the Mr Green sportsbook is Mr Green’s Jackpot Bets. This allows customers to effectively join a sports betting syndicate in a bid to play for a large pot of money. It’s a simple case of selecting your jackpot and picking the results that you think will win. There is even the option to cash out as your wins increase.
The other thing to note is that Mr Green is owned by UK sports betting giant William Hill and that means that you are dealing with a real heavyweight - which has years of experience offering cricket betting markets to customers. For more information on this brand read the Mr Green review compiled by our sports betting experts.
With so many live cricket betting sites and top betting apps available to New Zealand bettors, picking the best is not always a simple task. But worry not as we have done the hard work for you! We make sure to highlight only reputable and licensed sportsbooks on this page.
Our team of betting experts have years of experience and knowledge in the industry. Therefore, we consider every aspect of a cricket betting site before recommending it on this page. Simply put, only the best sportsbooks make the cut.
Check out our criteria below that cricket betting sites must meet to make it to our list:
● Competitive cricket match odds: Although sportsbooks offer similar cricket betting odds on most markets, sometimes there are variations. The sportsbooks offering the most generous odds are the ones we point out to our punters.
● Welcome bonuses and sign-up offers: All of the best cricket betting sites highlighted on this page give new customers welcome bonuses. These generally come in the form of free bets or bet credits. We highlight the welcome offers that are simple to understand and have clear terms and conditions, so there are no hidden surprises.
● International and domestic competitions: There are many cricket competitions in New Zealand, which we will cover in detail later. But there are of course also many exciting tournaments and leagues around the world to bet on. Our recommended sportsbooks are for NZ bettors and give them lots of options on the best leagues worldwide.
● Mobile online cricket betting experience: All of the top online cricket betting destinations have mobile-optimised browsers or slick apps that allow you to bet on-the-go. The sites we recommend give you the chance to place cricket bets easily using your chosen mobile device.
● Licensing and legislation: Every betting site we recommend is fully licensed by a regulator such as the Malta Gaming Authority. We only highlight cricket betting sites that are safe, secure and abide by New Zealand Gambling Commission guidelines.
● Industry reputation in the online betting world: The top online sportsbooks have established strong reputations for a reason and customers need to know they are dealing with sites that are held in high regard by industry experts. Again, that's where Gambling.com comes in, highlighting operators that are considered leaders in the online betting space.
● Popular payment options and fast withdrawals: The best cricket betting sites allow customers to deposit and withdraw with a wide range of payment methods including various credit cards, debit cards and e-wallets. They also ensure withdrawals are processed quickly when you want to cash out your winnings.
● Cricket betting markets: Of course, most sportsbooks offer some kind of betting on cricket, but not all provide the same level of detail. With our recommended best cricket betting sites you’ll have plenty of wagers from which to choose.
● In-Play features: Numerous in-play betting opportunities can be found when wagering on cricket. Sometimes live betting can be made even more enjoyable with features like live streaming of games. Any sportsbook offering cricket live streaming will feature high in our rankings.
● Simple and secure sign-up process: The sign-up process should be simple but should include customer verification protocols. This adds on a bit of time to the registration process but is actually a positive - as it means the best betting sites take responsibility to their customers seriously.
There are many unique benefits to cricket betting, as we will discuss in a minute. But the main reason so many people get excited about cricket betting is that it allows cricket fans to have a stake in the game, making the sport they love all the more exciting. If you are on the fence about betting on the sport, here are a few reasons why you should consider betting on cricket:
● Cricket games are played throughout the year: Cricket needs good weather to be played and benefits from having tournaments in both hemispheres. So no matter where you are in the world, cricket will be played somewhere where it’s sunny.
● Cricket allows betting on specific players: Cricket betting isn’t always about the final result. With each game determined so much by individual performances, there are many betting markets you can find specifically on players.
● Cricket offers different types of formats: Cricket is not just limited to one popular format like other sports. You can bet on various cricket match types, including test matches, one-day matches, and Twenty20s.
● Cricket is great for live betting and live streaming: Competitions like the Indian Premier League were some of the first to embrace live streaming in the sporting world. That tradition has carried on and is accompanied by cricket’s many live betting options.
Online sports betting is not considered illegal, as long as you are betting on a site originating from outside the country. There are also several sites that New Zealand itself licenses and specific forms of betting that are embedded within New Zealand law. This means as long as you are betting on a sportsbook that accepts customers from New Zealand, you can place wagers on cricket.
If you are interested in sports betting in New Zealand, you may have heard of TAB NZ. This is the state-backed sportsbook that offers markets on lots of the most popular sports in the world.
Although TAB NZ is licensed in New Zealand, it doesn’t always provide the best experience for bettors. Therefore, those looking to wager on cricket may find better options elsewhere. For the best cricket betting experience in New Zealand, check our list of cricket betting sites, all of which are legal and safe for NZ customers.
Most cricket bets are placed before the first ball has been bowled. However, the best in-play betting sites will offer you the chance to bet on select markets while a game is in progress. This will change the way you watch cricket. No longer is watching the game a passive experience. With in-play cricket betting, you can capitalise on what you see and place bets accordingly.
There are always markets available for in-play bets with the frantic fury of T20 games or the slow burn of test matches.
Cricket is a sport that has done everything it can to adapt to modern audiences by introducing new ways to be played. Our experts have collected the most popular game types into one place to give you a crash course on the main ways cricket is played.
Test Matches are the most traditional form of cricket and see national teams face off against one another across five days. These matches earned the name ‘Test’ thanks to the physical and mental challenges put on cricketers.
Each team has two batting attempts (each attempt is called an innings). There is no limit on the number of balls a team can face during an innings. The first team bats until the whole team is bowled, caught, or run out. Then the other team has an innings until they are all out. The cycle then repeats.
One-day cricket (sometimes called white-ball cricket because of the different balls used) sees both teams completing one inning of 50 overs. An over consists of 6 balls bowled by the same bowler. After both teams play an innings, the winner is the team with the highest score.
T20 is the fastest form of cricket on which you can bet. Each team only has 20 overs to score as many runs as possible. There is no time to play conservative, so you see plenty of big swings and big misses. Twenty20 cricket betting is exhilarating, and rules such as power plays ensure that the runs keep ticking upwards.
With the internet providing instant access to any information a sports fan could want, sport has become more global. So, as fun as it is to bet on Kiwi cricket games, there are also options further afield. Below are some of the most popular competitions for cricket betting:
● Pakistan Super League: The Pakistan Super League is a T20 tournament contested between six city-based teams in Pakistan. It is played between February and March every year.
● Australian Big Bash League: This T20 tournament is held in Australia between eight city-based teams. It is played in December, January, and February and is one of the highest-attended sports leagues in the world.
● Indian Premier League: Indian Premier League games are played in the T20 format. There are ten city-based teams in the league, and the IPL is the most-attended cricket league in the world. The competition is played between March and May every year and IPL betting proves hugely popular as the league attracts global superstars stars with big contracts.
● Cricket World Cup: The Cricket World Cup is the international championship of one-day (50-over) cricket and has been played since 1975. The New Zealand Black Caps have reached the final of the competition twice but are yet to be crowned champions.
● ICC Twenty20 World Cup: The ICC T20 World Cup sees all full members of the ICC, and other cricket nations who played in a qualifying tournament, battle it out for supremacy. The tournament is first played in a group stage before moving into head-to-head elimination rounds. The tournament is held every two years.
● Ashes Series: The Ashes is a biennially played grudge match that traces its origins back to 1882 and is one of the most anticipated events in cricket. This is a contest between England and Australia in a five-game test series. Ashes betting is popular with cricket fans not just in England and Australia, but around the world.
At the minute, if you are looking to back New Zealand in international cricket, your best bet may be T20 games. The team finished as runners-up in the ICC T20 World Cup 2021, beating teams like England on the way to the final before losing to Australia. New Zealand are always a force to be reckoned with in one-day 50-over cricket as well - and narrowly lost to England in the Cricket World Cup final back in 2019.
At the time of writing, the Black Caps recently saw a winning run of five test matches in-a-row halted by India. They have been impressive in this format as well in recent years.
If you're a cricket-mad Kiwi placing a wager on the Black Caps can always add a bit more spice to the occasion, whether that's in test matches, ODIs or Twenty20 games. Just remember to bet with your head as well as your heart.
Kiwis have always been fans of cricket, and there is a host of domestic competitions and tournaments in New Zealand. Here are some of the most popular cricket competitions you will be able to bet on after selecting one of our recommended cricket betting sites.
● Super Smash: The Super Smash is the domestic T20 tournament held between the same six teams each year. There are limits on international players, meaning the league features many Kiwi cricket stars.
● Ford Trophy: The Ford Trophy sees those same six teams compete in one-day 50-over matches. Each team must play against each other once, and three randomly selected teams a second time. The teams with the best records progress into the knockout stages before a winner is crowned.
● Plunket Shield: The Plunket Shield is the first-class cricket tournament contested by the six top teams each year. The competition has been running in some form or another since 1906.
Many sportsbooks will offer cricket betting bonuses for you to enjoy alongside your betting. These can be offered as a welcome to new players or just a reward for returning customers. The rewards can provide you with excellent cricket wagering choices.
For example, sometimes sportsbooks we have recommended will offer cricket betting odds boosts. These will typically be for the most significant fixtures and offer more generous cricket odds on specific betting markets.
Arguably the most prevalent bonuses across betting sites in New Zealand are free bets, in which sportsbooks reward you with a free bet to place on specific markets. Cricket betting apps and websites typically provide this free bet bonus as part of a welcome package, encouraging prospective players to register and deposit at the sportsbook.
These promotions typically come with terms and conditions like minimum odds, betting market restrictions and wagering requirements. Until wagering requirements are fulfilled, the rewards are often non-withdrawable, meaning you must use any winnings to place additional bets at the site. The best online cricket betting sites provide practical wagering requirements. That means you won’t have to jump through countless hoops to get your hands on your hard-earned winnings.
However, free bets allow you to try new betting strategies and techniques without any significant financial investment. You can place much riskier wagers without staking your own bankroll, meaning you can potentially claim a greater payout.
With so many games happening across the world, being able to access your sportsbook account quickly and conveniently is a must. That is why all the sportsbooks we recommend offer a mobile website that is responsive and optimised for use on mobile browsers.
Providing an even superior mobile experience, many betting operators now offer native cricket betting apps with better connectivity, unique features and enhanced mobile usability. You can download a cricket betting app to your device from the sportsbook’s website, and in some cases, from the app store.
Many cricket bettors opt for the top sports betting apps in New Zealand to easily access and manage their sportsbook accounts. You will also get exclusive features like notifications when there are wickets or when a special cricket betting offer becomes available.
Cricket is a hugely popular betting sport thanks to its schedule and different types of gameplay. As many bettors have favourite sports to bet on, they also have favourite betting markets. Below we look at some of the most popular cricket bets and how to make the most of them:
● Team to win the match: A simple outright bet in which you choose between the two teams to back who you think will emerge victorious.
● Top team batsmen: You can bet on which players from each team you think will score the most runs during the game. While they are pretty consistent, one delivery can change everything.
● Top match batsman: This may require more thought than the previous bet type, as the batsman that scores the most runs is usually on the winning team. Therefore, there is more to consider with this bet type.
● First over total runs: Cricket betting lends itself to smaller bets too. Here, players will be given an over/under on how many runs will be scored from the first over.
● Total innings runs: Usually, sportsbooks will offer this in an over/under format. Will a team score more than 200 runs? Will there be more than 400 runs scored in a match? These numbers will vary greatly depending on the format, so you can obviously expect a much higher total in a test match - when compared to T20 games or ODIs.
● Most match sixes: This is a tricky betting category to guess as the most consistent batter might not necessarily be the one hitting the most sixes.
● Player of the match: The clue is in the name with this one. Factors such as the bowling surface can affect this bet. For example, if a batsman does exceedingly well on a rugged wicket, that could tip the scales in their favour.
So, are you ready to place your first cricket bet online? Simply follow our straightforward step-by-step guide to getting started, and you can be up and running within minutes!
As entertaining as cricket betting is, you want your wagers to come good and possibly win some cash. If you want some cricket betting tips, our experts know exactly how to make the most of your bankroll.
It can be hard to keep track of changes between cricket formats, but this is really important if you want your betting to be successful. For example, batters are much more defensive in test matches than the free swingers in a T20 game, and that must be factored into any test cricket betting strategy.
Not all cricket grounds are made the same, and some favour a particular play style. Some settings will be perfect for spin bowlers, while others may be great surfaces for batters. These considerations can change the way games are played entirely.
Weather is a massive factor in cricket. It affects the wicket hugely, which, as mentioned above, can have a major impact on bowling and batting. Rain results in play being stopped during cricket matches - which, for example, can increase the possibility of a Test match ending as a draw.
Access to a diverse range of secure payment methods is vital when wagering at legal cricket betting apps in New Zealand. Any leading sportsbook will offer flexibility across banking options, from accepting bank cards to more niche platforms like cryptocurrencies and paying by phone bill.
Our dedicated team of experts at Gambling.com thoroughly assess available banking methods to guarantee straightforward payments and swift withdrawals. Nonetheless, you should always check the terms and conditions of your preferred online cricket betting site, as fees may apply to some methods. When visiting one of our recommended online cricket betting sites, you can expect to discover a wide selection of payment platforms, including:
● Bank Cards: Due to the popularity of debit cards among New Zealanders, most online cricket betting sites will support deposits and withdrawals with Visa, Mastercard, and Maestro.
● E-wallets: For a highly secure and semi-anonymous payment transaction, many NZ punters prefer to fund their online betting accounts and cash out using e-wallets like PayPal, Skrill, and Neteller.
● Prepaid Cards: While this payment method is only available for deposits, services like Paysafe are excellent for bettors who wish to manage their bankrolls carefully.
● Cryptocurrencies: Depositing and withdrawing with cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin, is a new and modern way to fund your online cricket betting account, offering fast, anonymous and secure transactions.
Ultimately, betting on cricket is an excellent option for those looking to inject an extra layer of excitement when watching the sport. You can always find an intriguing wager to place. With tournaments taking place all year-round, and NZ cricket live streams available at top betting sites, the fun never stops.
If you’re looking for the best online cricket betting sites in New Zealand, you’re in the right place. With an extensive selection of cricket betting markets, the most generous promotions, competitive cricket odds, and more, you can find hours of endless gambling entertainment at our recommended legal cricket betting apps and sites.
So, what are you waiting for? Register to one of our highlighted cricket betting platforms today! And while you’re at it, claim yourself a fantastic welcome offer too!
Cricket betting differs from wagering on other sports and markets since matches and competitions occur year-round. You can wager on all types of events, from domestic leagues to major international tournaments, across the year. Cricket offers many exciting betting options for New Zealand bettors.
Instead of placing bets at the state-backed TAB NZ, visit our recommended cricket betting sites to discover competitive odds, innovative features, and dozens of available markets. Furthermore, every site listed on this page is licensed and regulated, so you will only have access to the most reputable sites for New Zealand players.
Yes, all our recommended cricket betting sites are safe and trustworthy. As long as sites hold valid licensing from reputable gambling authorities, such as the Malta Gaming Authority, cricket betting sites are safe for New Zealand players. We only recommend the most secure and trustworthy online cricket betting sites, meaning you can gamble in confidence at any sportsbook highlighted on this page.
The likes of 888sport and bet365 offer great cricket betting options and all of the best cricket betting sites for bettors from New Zealand are listed right here on this page! We update our list of recommendations frequently, ensuring we keep our readers up to date with the newest and best sportsbooks. Similarly, we regularly assess established betting platforms with improved and updated software, ensuring you only have access to the best.
Yes, you can wager on international cricket events and matches live at many of our recommended sportsbooks. The top-rated sites offer many features that enable you to watch the action unfold live from your desktop or mobile, such as live streaming and in-play betting.
Yes, you can place real money cricket bets and win real money at cricket sportsbooks. You can collect a real money payout if you place a winning wager. To help boost your bankroll, why not visit one of our recommended online cricket betting sites and claim a generous welcome bonus today?
"A passionate sports betting expert and journalist with over 15 years spent in the gambling industry."
Reviewer since June 2016