Best Bets For Wednesday’s Stanley Cup Playoff Games
The NHL began its second playoff round on Tuesday as the Tampa Bay Lightning and Colorado Avalanche showed why they are two of the favorites to meet in the Stanley Cup Final. Both teams won Tuesday night.
Wednesday night's playoff games also feature top teams.
Carolina and New York Take The Ice
The Carolina Hurricanes and New York Rangers start their second-round matchup from the PNC Arena in Raleigh on Wednesday. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET.
Carolina won three of the four regular-season games en route to the Metropolitan Division title and home-ice advantage in this round.
Carolina and New York can score three or more goals each. The Hurricanes average 3.38 goals per game, while the Rangers tally 3.08 goals per contest.
The difference is on defense. Carolina leads the NHL in this category, allowing just 28.2 shots per game and 2.44 goals a night.
Igor Shesterkin makes the difference in goal for New York. He could make this a series.
As for Carolina, with Frederik Andersen uncertain for Round 2, Antti Raanta will get the goaltending nod at least for Game 1. He proved to be more than adequate in helping eliminate the Boston Bruins in seven games.
Here are some bets to consider for the Hurricanes-Rangers game:
1. Team Over 5.5 goals: 1.83
2. Carolina Moneyline and Over 5.5 goals parlay: 2.91
3. Carolina Moneyline in regulation: 1.85
4. Tony DeAngelo Over 0.5 assists: 2.20
5. Seth Jarvis Over 0.5 points: 2.00
6. Chris Kreider and Sebastian Aho anytime goal: 8.00
Calgary and Edmonton Face Off In Battle Of Alberta
As the Battle of Alberta gets underway Wednesday night, the atmosphere promises to be electric.
This is expected to be a momentous matchup as the Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers face off in the Stanley Cup playoffs for the first time in 31 years. Game time at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary is 9:30 p.m. ET.
The teams connected on the Over in three of the four meetings this season. This is not surprising, since the two teams feature four of the top eight scorers in the NHL.
However, Calgary's goaltender, Jacob Markstrom, pictured, and the Oilers’ Mike Smith will be major factors.
Canadian sports bettors are going to have plenty of options in this game.
Here are the picks.
1. Calgary Flames regulation win and Over 5.5 combined goals: 3.05
2. Connor McDavid and Matthew Tkachuk anytime goal: 6.75
3. Calgary Flames First To Three Goals: 1.85
4. Evander Kane Over 3.5 shots: 2.05
5. Johnny Gaudreau Over 0.5 power-play points: 2.55
6. Connor McDavid Over 3.5 shots: 1.69
Stay In The Loop With Free Bets, Insider Tips & More!
Live Betting. Sports Promos. Sent Weekly.