Stanley Cup Final Betting Guide 2023: Florida Panthers vs. Vegas Golden Knights
The Florida Panthers and Vegas Golden Knights finally play some hockey on Saturday night. For Canada, that is sacred. Hockey Night In Canada is always on Saturday. It’s a perfect way to start Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final.
NHL Bettors up in Canada will enjoy how even this series is from a wagering perspective. According to Sports Interaction, the Vegas Golden Knights have been around a 1.70 to 1.80 favorite, while Florida has been a 1.95 to 2.05 underdog to win the series.
At Gambling.com, we have a few wagers to ponder from the NHL betting realm.
Bet these Stanley Cup odds here from Sports Interaction:
Why Bet The Panthers To Win The Stanley Cup
1. They have the underdog storyline. The Florida Panthers have embraced the underdog role. They even danced with the Prince Of Wales Trophy. Everything is different from the last time the Panthers made the Stanley Cup Final (27 years ago).
Paul Maurice and his Florida Panthers defeated teams who were 19 points or better than Florida in the regular season standings. Florida has won its fair share of overtime games. Just ask Carolina. On the other hand, it has played its best in these close contests.
The reality is that Florida has a little more experience behind the bench and in goal for this series. That might make a difference, for them and for how you think about your Stanley Cup betting.
2. Hello, Matthew Tkachuk. Fans from Canada know Tkachuk well. Before he was traded from the Calgary Flames to Florida last offseason, Tkachuk tried to defeat the Edmonton Oilers single-handedly. That didn't work.
Tkachuk learned valuable lessons from that series and channeled them into this extended playoff run for Florida. If one thinks about it, the Panthers have been in this mindset since the end of March. The winger has as well. His nine goals, four game-winners, and 21 points lead Florida.
Because of players like Aleksander Barkov, Tkachuk has figured out when to pick his times to be physically better for the most part.
3. Florida is ready for this moment. Other teams back away from adversity while Florida has faced it head-on. Though they swept Carolina, the Panthers needed overtime on a few occasions. This team is unafraid to play a little extra to settle the issue.
Again, winning 11 of their last 12 contests is not a fluke. Florida has shown the ability to come back from almost anything. Just ask Boston, Toronto, and Carolina once more.
Why Bet The Golden Knights To Win The Stanley Cup
1. The Vegas Golden Knights can score some goals. One of the concerns going into the playoffs was if the Vegas offense would dry up. Some of that was valid in the games they lost this postseason. For the most part, the offense has been potent enough.
Under coach Bruce Cassidy, Vegas scored 21 goals in six games against Dallas and 62 goals in 17 playoff games overall. That average of 3.65 goals per contest bodes well for the Golden Knights. When they lose, that number is about half.
The “Misfits,” led by Jonathan Marchessault, William Karlsson, and Reilly Smith, have been here before. Marchessault leads the team with nine goals (all on even strength). Karlsson and Smith have been consistent throughout these playoffs.
2. Jack Eichel and the power play might break out. Simply, the key for Vegas may be the Eichel line at even strength but also on the man advantage. Florida’s penalty kill has been a bit weak in these playoffs, at 71.1%. Yes, Vegas is down at 62.2%, but Florida did not have to play Edmonton or Dallas.
Eichel does have six goals and 18 points in 17 games this postseason. This includes three goals on the man advantage. Marchessault has come so close on the power play along with Mark Stone. Vegas has the ability on special teams. They just have to execute. The best sports betting sites think they will.
3. Adin Hill has shown he belongs. As Bruce Cassidy said last round, the Vegas goaltender has demonstrated that he more than belongs. Hill does not have to outplay Sergei Bobrovsky, necessarily. However, he must make timely saves. Against Dallas, Hill showed his mettle in Game 6 after an off Game 5.
Stanley Cup 2023 Best Bet
Florida always plays close games, which has an impact here. This isn't easy, but I am siding with the Panthers at 2.00 on Sports Interaction. Vegas sometimes gets in funks and can be a little too up and down.
Let us wager more on the series outcome at six games of 2.90. Florida should be able to steal at least a game, if not two, in Vegas. The Golden Knights have shown an ability to extend a series too.
NHL Betting and the Stanley Cup Final wagers are slightly surprised by this. However, Matthew Tkachuk garnering 4.40 odds to win the Conn Smythe, provides some value in the Canadian betting markets.
Stay In The Loop With Industry News, Insider Tips & More!
Live Betting. News and Industry Updates. Sent Weekly.