Best Skrill (Moneybookers) Casinos
The Skrill e-wallet system has expanded its services in recent years to become one of the world's leading payment companies. In 2015 those expanded services paid off with a $1.1 billion acquisition by Paysafe Group Plc. Here you can find a summary of what to expect from the service.
Skrill is a way of sending and receiving money online, including sign-up, purchases, deposits and withdrawals at online casinos. It works in several different ways:
- e-Wallet - connect with your bank account to send and receive money to online casinos and retailers without directly sharing your bank details
- Money Transfer - transfer cash or funds to other people, at home and abroad
- Prepaid Card - the Skrill Prepaid Mastercard works like a debit card. You just transfer money onto it from your bank account, and then use the card to make payments, or withdraw it from ATMs
How Do I Sign Up with Skrill?
Signing up for an account with Skrill is a breeze. All they ask is you provide the following personal information:
- Email Address
- Birth Date
- Billing Address
- Card and Account Info
- Proof of Identify
Who Accepts Skrill?
Skrill is an accepted payment method at over 156,000 businesses around the world, including major online gambling sites such as Bet365 and William Hill, and eBay, Skype and Steam. The Skrill Prepaid Mastercard is accepted by every store that accepts Mastercard.
How Much Does Skrill Cost?
Signing up is free, and a transparent payment structure is applied to the service. Be aware, though, that there's a €1 fee for inactivity over a 12-month period, and that transfers and withdrawals are capped.
- Joining and maintaining a Skrill account is free
- An annual fee of £7.95 is charged for a Skrill Prepaid Mastercard
- Uploading funds into your Skrill account is usually free, except via American Express, Diners Club, JCB, Mastercard or Visa, which charge 1.9%, and Paysafecard uploads, which charge 5.5%
- Uploading funds to a Skrill Prepaid Mastercard is free
- Receiving money through Skrill is free
Spending, Sending and Withdrawing Funds
- Paying at a shop or transferring funds with any merchant (including online casinos) is free
- Paying with Skrill Prepaid Mastercard is free
- An ATM cash withdrawal costs £1.43 per transaction
- A withdrawal by bank transfer, Visa or SWIFT costs £2.35 per transaction
- Sending money online via Skrill costs 1% of the amount sent, up to a maximum of £7.95
- Currency conversions are subject to a fee of between 2.99% and 4.99%
In general Skrill is quick and easy to use, with a simple interface and a useful help section. Many customers find the service suits them, and benefit from special features. These include:
- Skrill Loyalty Club - earn points for every £1 transferred, and spend them in the VIP Store
- Skrill VIP Scheme - use the service frequently to level up through Bronze, Silver and Gold VIP levels and gain access higher transfer/withdrawal limits, lower exchange and upload fees, and multiple multi-currency accounts
- Exclusive Shopping Offers
- Skrill Security Token - Skrill VIPs also receive a 100% money-back guarantee for online funds a Skrill Security Token, a pocket device to provide secure account access
Skrill is licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK, and is committed to the highest standards of the Payments Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS Level 1).
They have a security team working 24/7 to protect account holders, publish security advice for customers, and analyse account behaviour to spot suspicious activity, keeping your money safe.