Betting Advice for Games on the June 28 MLB Schedule
Throughout the season, we will give you betting advice for a National League and American League game each day and throw in a few quick pitches for player prop bets, Over-Under bets or moneyline bets on other games.
Inter-League Best Bet
Houston Astros -120 at New York Mets +110
7:10 p.m. ET
The Astros went 2-2 against the New York Yankees, winning the second and third games of the series, priced as a 115 and 180 underdog, respectively.
In the third game, the Astros used three pitchers to toss a no-hitter, which extended through six more innings of no-hit ball in the series' final game.
At one point, Astros pitching held the Yankees to no hits for 56 at-bats.
So, the Mets will have their hands full against this staff.
Here are the supporting trends and angles for a bet on the Astros:
- The Astros are 10-3 on the moneyline and 11-2 on the run line when facing a foe outscoring their opponents by an average of 0.4 runs per game.
- Mets starting pitcher Carlos Carrasco is 2-12 on the moneyline when facing a foe averaging 1.25 or more home runs per game spanning the last three seasons.
- Carrasco is 2-15 as home underdog for his career.
Bet the Astros -120 on the moneyline.
American League Best Bet
Baltimore Orioles +155 at Seattle Mariners -170
10:10 p.m. ET
The Baltimore Orioles are playing their best baseball and arguably their best in the past five seasons.
They are coming off a 9-2 dominating win over the Mariners on Monday and will look towards another win tonight as a significant underdog.
The MLB Betting Angle of the Day
This betting angle has produced a 135-125 record and has averaged a +145 underdog wager over the past five seasons.
The requirements are:
- Bet on all underdogs with a bullpen posting a 1.25 or lower WHIP.
- Our dog has a below-average slugging percentage of .400 or lower.
- Our dog is taking on an AL foe starting a pitcher with a 1.300 or lower WHIP.
I am going to the window to bet the Orioles on the moneyline +160 as offered at BetMGM.
These are other bets to consider today.
- Take the A’s Sean Murphy to get a hit at -150 on FanDuel.
- Take the Marlins’ Braxton Garrett Under 2.5 earned runs at +1-5 on DraftKings.
- Take the Royals’ Bobby Witt Jr. to get a hit at -220 on FanDuel.
- Take the Dodgers’ Clayton Kershaw to get the win at -110 on PointsBet.
- Take the Tigers’ Willi Castro to get a hit at -140 on FanDuel.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.