Major League Baseball Betting Advice for Aug. 2 Games
Throughout the season, we will give you betting advice for a National League and American League game each day and throw in a few quick pitches for player prop bets, Over-Under bets or moneyline bets on other games.
American League Best Bet
Kansas City Royals (+142) at Chicago White Sox (-168)
8:11 p.m. ET
The Chicago White Sox have been the most underachieving MLB franchise this season and it is mind-blowing that they are not even at .500 at this point of the season.
They are fortunate, though, that they play in the weakest division in MLB and still have a solid shot at winning the AL Central division and advancing to the playoffs.
I believe they are a flawed team in so many areas of the game and will continue to lose more games than they win.
Situational Trends and Angles
The following situational trends and angles support this game's best bet on the Royals.
- The White Sox are 22-30, losing 20 units on the moneyline when facing a team whose bullpen averages 3.25 or more innings.
- The Chicago is 8-18, losing 18 units on the moneyline when facing a starting pitcher that allows an average of 5.5 or fewer hits per start.
- The Sox are 9-16, losing 13.5 units on the moneyline in home games when the total has been eight or 8.5 runs.
I am betting the Royals in this game using the moneyline, at +145 at BetMGM.
National League Best Bet
Los Angeles Dodgers (-162) at San Francisco Giants (+136)
9:46 p.m. ET
The Dodgers have the best record in baseball at 68-33 for a .673 win percentage and have the deepest roster in MLB.
They have added outfielder James Outman, who made his MLB debut Sunday and hit a home run in his first at-bat.
He went on to have a three-hit, three RBI game, which marked the first time any Dodger recorded such a stat line since RBI was a measured statistic in 1920.
On Monday, the Dodgers won the first game of this four-game series against their NL West division rival Giants and defeated the Giants in five consecutive games.
They have left-hander Tyler Anderson on the hill tonight, who has an 11-1 record in 17 starts with a 2.64 ERA and a 1.016 WHIP, including 19 walks and 89 strikeouts.
Over his last three starts, he has not allowed an earned run and posted a .789 WHIP.
Situational Trends and Angles
The following situational betting trends ad angles support a moneyline bet on the Dodgers.
- The Dodgers are 31-7 this season, making 20 units on the moneyline following two or more consecutive games without committing an error.
- Anderson has a 21-10 team record when the total has been between seven and 8.5 runs in starts made over the last two seasons.
I am going to the window betting the Dodgers using the moneyline at -140 at FanDuel.
Here are some player prop bets to make on today's schedule.
- Bet the Yankees' Jameson Taillon Over 2.5 earned runs allowed +100 at DraftKings.
- Bet the Dodgers' Tyler Anderson Under 2.5 earned runs allowed -155 at Caesars.
- Bet the Red Sox' J.D. Martinez to hit a double +425 at DraftKings.
- Bet the Royals' Brad Keller Under 2.5 earned runs allowed +115 at DraftKings.
- Bet the Orioles' Ryan Mountcastle to hit a home run +370 at FanDuel.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.