MLB Double Play: Betting Advice on National and American League Games, April 19
Throughout the season, we will give you MLB betting advice for a National League and American League game each day and throw in a few quick pitches for prop bets, Over-Under bets or moneyline bets on other games.
San Francisco Giants +105 vs New York Mets -125
In Game 2 tonight, the Mets will send Max Scherzer to the mound and the Giants counter with Logan Webb. This is the second game of a double-header scheduled because of the rainout last night.
Scherzer has faced the Giants 13 ties in his career. He has a 4-6 record with a solid 3.63 ERA and a 1.083 WHIP. His team record in these games is 5-8, including a 4-8 Over-Under record.
Over his past three starts facing the Giants, his team has not scored for him and he has gone 0-2 with one no-decision.
His last start was with the Los Angeles Dodgers in Game 3 of the National League Divisional Series against the Giants. He was matched against Alex Wood and lost 1-0. Scherzer completed seven innings of 3-hit baseball, allowing one earned run, one walk, and recording 10 strikeouts.
The 25-year-old Webb was 11-3 last season with a tidy 3.03 ERA. In his first full season with the Giants, he completed 148 ⅓ innings, including an impressive 4.39 strikeouts to walks ratio.
So, he is the young lion in this matchup and must be in top form if he is to help his club get the win over Scherzer and the Mets.
More Betting Nuggets For This Game
- Mets skipper Buck Showalter is 75-51, making the $100 bettor a $2,550 profit when coming off a shutout win for his career.
- Giants are 8-17 against the first-five moneyline when facing an opponent coming off a shutout win spanning the last five seasons.
- Betting that there is a score in the first inning is on a 4-0 win streak following a Mets shutout win.
I like betting the Mets boxed with Scherzer using the moneyline.
Baltimore Orioles -145 vs. Oakland Athletics +125
The Baltimore Orioles lost Game 1 of this 4-game series with the Oakland A’s and will have their hands full again.
Despite a 6-5 record, the A’s rank fifth in MLB, outscoring their opponents by 1.25 runs per game and sixth by scoring an average of 5.27 runs per game.
The Orioles rank 22nd in MLB, getting outscored by 1.25 runs per game.
The betting markets opened with the A’s priced as -145 moneyline favorites and have seen 55% of the tickets bet and 54% of the money bet. The total opened at 8-runs and has remained at this level amid balanced betting interest.
What the Betting System Says
The following situational betting system supports the Orioles and has produced a profitable 26-7 record using the moneyline spanning the past five seasons. The requirements are:
- Bet on an American League team using the 1.5 Run Line.
- The team, who is Oakland, had a .410 or lower slugging percentage last season Is currently posting a .350 slugging percentage or worse over their last five games.
I like the A’s to easily win this game by at least two runs.
These are some other bets and leans I like on today’s schedule.
- The A’s Sheldon Neuse to hit a home run at +530 as offered at BetMGM
- The Orioles Anthony Santander to hit a home run at +600 as offered at BetMGM
- The Dodgers starting pitcher Walker Buehler to allow Over 2.5 earned runs at +110 as offered at BetMGM
- The Reds Joey Votto to have 2+ hits at +300 as offered at FanDuel
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.