Betting Advice for Games on the June 27 MLB Schedule
Throughout the season, we will give you betting advice for a National League and American League game each day and throw in a few quick pitches for player prop bets, Over-Under bets or moneyline bets on other games.
National League Best Bet
Los Angeles Dodgers -188 at Colorado Rockies +175
8:40 p.m. ET
The Dodgers have started their nine-game road trip, having won five of six games. They swept the Cincinnati Reds in a three-game series and took two-of-three from the red-hot Atlanta Braves.
Now, they begin a 3-game series against the reeling Colorado.
Los Angeles will start lefty Tyler Anderson, who is 8-0 this season. He is three years removed from being a member of the Rockies staff and was part of a promising starting rotation that made the playoffs in back-to-back seasons.
But when he started the 2019 season 0-3, with an 11.76 ERA, he was sent to Triple-A and had knee surgery. He has worked his way back and found a home with the Dodgers and is pitching the best ball of his career. He has faced the Rockies three times since leaving the team and has posted a 1.93 ERA.
Betting Angle for This Game
This betting algorithm has made the $100 bettor a $4,500 profit over the past five seasons.
The requirements are to bet on NL road teams batting no better than .255 that have a bullpen with a WHIP of 1.15 or lower and facing a foe with a bullpen with an ERA of 4.50 or higher.
That supports a bet on the Dodgers using the moneyline.
The total in this game is 11.5 runs and here are the supporting trends and angles for the Over Bet:
- Anderson is 14-4 Over the total in road games facing a foe with a losing record over the past three seasons.
- Rockies starter Chad Kuhl is 10-2 Over when facing a foe with a winning record over the past three seasons.
- Kuhl is 11-0 Over when his team has been priced as a +175 or greater over the past two seasons.
Bet the LA Dodgers for a 2% best Bet and the Over for a 3% best bet.
American League Best Bet
Boston Red Sox +160 at Toronto Blue Jays -180
Don’t look now, but the Boston Red Sox are in second place in the AL East division and now have the third-best record in the American League.
The Red Sox have won seven straight games after a sweep of the Detroit Tigers and Cleveland Guardians.
They have also won 19 of their past 23 games. I am leaning to the Red Sox and will bet a small amount on them in-game if the Blue Jays score first over the first two innings.
I like the Under and that is well-supported by the a situational betting angle that has produced a 40-20 record, for 67% winning bets over the past five seasons.
The requirements are:
- Bet the Under when the total is between 8.5 and 10 runs.
- The team has won 15 or more of their past 20 games.
- Both teams in the matchup have a win percentage between 50 and 60%.
I will bet the Under 9.5 runs as offered at BetMGM Sportsbook.
These are some other bets to consider.
- Take the Over for the Dodgers’ Trea Turner to have at two hits at +100 at FanDuel.
- Take Dodgers’ Chris Taylor to hit a home run at +320 at FanDuel.
- Take Orioles’ Tyler Wells Under 2.5 earned runs allowed at +100 at BetMGM.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.