Major League Baseball Betting Advice for July 13
Throughout the season, we will give you MLB betting advice for two games each day and throw in a few quick pitches for player prop bets, Over-Under bets or moneyline bets on other games.
Interleague Best Bet
Philadelphia Phillies -115 at Toronto Blue Jays +105
7:07 p.m. ET
After losing 4-3 to the Toronto Blue Jays on Tuesday, the Philadelphia Phillies will look to split the two-game interleague series by giving the ball to their ace starting pitcher Zack Wheeler today.
The Trends and Angles
The following situational trends and angles support a betting opportunity on the Phillies.
- The Phillies are 8-3 in road games facing a host with a winning record.
- The Phillies are 17-8 when the total has been between 7 and 8.5 runs.
- The Phillies are 25-13 since June 1 for a 24% ROI.
- The Blue Jays are 3-13 when the total has been between 7 and 8.5 runs.
- The Blue Jays are 0-6 in home games when the total has been between 7 and 8.5 runs.
I will bet the Phillies, priced as -115 favorites on the moneyline at BetMGM.
National League Best Bet
LA Dodgers -145 at St. Louis Cardinals +135
7:45 p.m. ET
The Los Angeles Dodgers are tied with the Atlanta Braves and Houston Astros with nine wins in July. They will try to add to that total as they start Tony Gonsolin (12-0) against the St. Louis Cardinals tonight.
Entering July, the Dodgers had a 2.5-game lead over the San Diego Padres. They are on a seven-game winning streak and that lead has now stretched to a far more comfortable 7.5 games.
Situational Trends and Angles
Let’s look at a few situational trends and angles that support the Dodgers as a strong betting opportunity.
- The Cardinals skipper Oliver Marmol is 3-14, losing 14 units on the moneyline when facing a National League starting pitcher with an ERA of 2.70 or lower.
- Gonsolin has a 1.77 ERA and .737 WHIP, including two walks and 16 strikeouts over his last three starts.
- The Dodgers are 26-9 Under the total when on a seven or more-game win streak.
I recommend betting the Dodgers on the moneyline as –145 favorites and betting the Under at eight runs with -115 vig at DraftKings.
These are the player prop bets to consider on today’s schedule.
- Bet the Dodgers’ Tony Gonsolin Over 4.5 strikeouts paying -130 at DraftKings.
- Bet the Royals’ Andrew Benintendi Over 1.5 hits at +170 at DraftKings.
- Bet the Marlins’ Oneil Cruz to get a hit at -130 at DraftKings.
- Bet the Marlins to win and both the Pirates and Marlins score three+ runs at +340 by BetMGM.
- Bet the Braves to score four+ runs at -165 at BetMGM.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.