The 2022 T20 World Cup is in full swing, so now is the perfect time to check out the best cricket betting sites in Australia below. Simply click 'Bet Now' to sign up and enjoy cricket betting today.
Cricket is one of the most popular sports betting markets globally. Thanks to the global audience that follows cricket, from the Caribbean to Australia, there is no shortage of cricket bettors. It also means that there is a wide selection of sportsbooks competing to provide the best cricket odds and markets.
It can be hard to sort between the best betting sites and the rest with so many choices. That’s why our betting experts at Gambling.com have put together this guide tailored to cricket bettors in Australia, ensuring that you get the best cricket wagering experience. We cover major events, cricket betting tips, and the best cricket betting sites that cater to Australian bettors.
|🎁 BlueBet||Daily and weekly cricket betting promotions|
|📺 bet365||Live cricket streaming|
|🔄 Betfair||Betting exchange with cricket options|
|💸 Betstar||Range of payment methods|
|🏏 bookmaker.com.au||Variety of sports alongside cricket betting|
|⭐ Ladbrokes||Great for betting on Australian domestic cricket|
|🧾 PlayUp||Easy to place cricket bets|
|⚾ Unibet||Strong range of cricket markets|
We're keen to ensure that our readers know exactly what they're signing up for when they choose one of the top cricket betting sites available in Australia. We'll go on to discuss cricket betting strategy in more detail - but one useful tip is to shop around for value when it comes to cricket odds and markets, which means you should consider signing up with multiple online bookmakers. This is purely for strategic purposes and we'd urge you to gamble responsibly while taking a savvy approach to online cricket betting.
To make choosing the best cricket betting site a little bit easier for you, we've taken a closer look at some of the leading cricket betting sportsbooks online in detail below.
If you're into online sports betting, then you've almost certainly heard of bet365. This operator is known and trusted around the world and has a huge customer base.
Comprehensive market coverage, highly competitive cricket betting odds and cash out are just some of the features that make this such a popular destination for cricket bettors. But the standout feature is without doubt live streaming. Twenty20 matches, one-day internationals and test matches can all be streamed to your mobile device or desktop, so you can watch all of the action unfold. For example, bet365 streamed all of the matches from the 2021 ICC Men's T20 World Cup. bet365 was also one of the first online sportsbooks to popularise the cash out feature - allowing punters to make a profit before the conclusion of their bet.
We've only really scratched the surface here, so if you want more info on bet365, check out our bet365 review put together by our team of online sports betting experts.
Ladbrokes is a sports betting behemoth which entered the Australian market with its purchase of bookmaker.com.au in 2013. Affectionately known as the "Magic Sign" for its retail presence in the UK, this is a betting site that leaves no stone unturned - with live streaming just one of the many attractive features available. All of these features are looked at in detail in the Ladbrokes review written by our sports betting aficionados.
Ladbrokes is renowned for cricket coverage and offers plenty of specials and odds boosts during major cricket tournaments and competitions like The Ashes. Cricket Australia lists Ladbrokes among its approved sports betting providers - so Australian cricket fans should rest assured that they are well catered-to at this top betting site.
As an established online bookmaker Unibet offers a diverse range of sports and markets, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that cricket is no exception. Unibet offers a complete range of banking methods as well and that is right in line with what you would expect from one of the biggest bookmakers on the planet.
Some sports have live streaming options and while cricket is not included in that list at the time of writing, we wouldn't be surprised to see it added in the future. If you're into US sports along with your Australian favourites, then Unibet also has a lot to offer in that regard. You can find tonnes of markets and specials on NBA, NFL, MLB and NHL games. For more info, check out our Unibet review.
With so many cricket betting sites and top betting apps available to Australian bettors, picking the best is not always a simple task. But worry not as we have done the hard work for you! We make sure to highlight only reputable and licensed sportsbooks on this page.
Our team of betting experts have years of experience and knowledge in the industry. Therefore, we consider every aspect of a cricket betting site before recommending it on this page. Simply put, only the best sportsbooks make the cut.
Check out our criteria below that cricket betting sites must meet to make it to our list:
● Competitive cricket match odds: Although sportsbooks offer similar cricket betting odds on most markets, sometimes there are variations. The sportsbooks offering the most generous odds are the ones we point out to our punters.
● International and domestic competitions: There are many cricket competitions in Australia, which we will cover in detail later. But there are of course also many exciting tournaments and leagues around the world to bet on. Our recommended sportsbooks are for Australian bettors and give them lots of options on the best leagues worldwide.
● Mobile online cricket betting experience: All of the top online cricket betting destinations have mobile-optimised browsers or slick apps that allow you to bet on-the-go. The sites we recommend give you the chance to place cricket bets easily using your chosen mobile device.
● Licensing and legislation: Every betting site we recommend is fully licensed by a regulator such as the Malta Gaming Authority. We only highlight cricket betting sites that are safe, secure and available to play in Australia.
● Industry reputation in the online betting world: The top online sportsbooks have established strong reputations for a reason and customers need to know they are dealing with sites that are held in high regard by industry experts. Again, that's where Gambling.com comes in, highlighting operators that are considered leaders in the online betting space.
● Popular payment options and fast withdrawals: The best cricket betting sites allow customers to deposit and withdraw with a wide range of payment methods including various credit cards, debit cards and e-wallets. They also ensure withdrawals are processed quickly when you want to cash out your winnings.
● Cricket betting markets: Of course, most sportsbooks offer some kind of betting on cricket, but not all provide the same level of detail. With our recommended best cricket betting sites you’ll have plenty of wagers from which to choose.
● Simple and secure sign-up process: The sign-up process should be simple but should include customer verification protocols. This adds on a bit of time to the registration process but is actually a positive - as it means the best betting sites take responsibility to their customers seriously.
There are many unique benefits to cricket betting, as we will discuss in a minute. But the main reason so many people get excited about cricket betting is that it allows cricket fans to have a stake in the game, making the sport they love all the more exciting. If you are on the fence about betting on the sport, here are a few reasons why you should consider betting on cricket:
● Cricket games are played throughout the year: Cricket needs good weather to be played and benefits from having tournaments in both hemispheres. So no matter where you are in the world, cricket will be played somewhere where it’s sunny.
● Cricket allows betting on specific players: Cricket betting isn’t always about the final result. With each game determined so much by individual performances, there are many betting markets you can find specifically on players.
● Cricket offers different types of formats: Cricket is not just limited to one popular format like other sports. You can bet on various cricket match types, including test matches, one-day matches, and Twenty20s.
● Cricket is great for live streaming: Competitions like the Indian Premier League were some of the first to embrace live streaming in the sporting world. That tradition has carried on and is accompanied by many cricket betting options.
Cricket is a sport that has done everything it can to adapt to modern audiences by introducing new ways to be played. Our experts have collected the most popular game types into one place to give you a crash course on the main ways cricket is played.
Test Matches are the most traditional form of cricket and see national teams face off against one another across five days. These matches earned the name ‘Test’ thanks to the physical and mental challenges put on cricketers.
Each team has two batting attempts (each attempt is called an innings). There is no limit on the number of balls a team can face during an innings. The first team bats until the whole team is bowled, caught, or run out. Then the other team has an innings until they are all out. The cycle then repeats.
One-day cricket (sometimes called white-ball cricket because of the different balls used) sees both teams completing one inning of 50 overs. An over consists of 6 balls bowled by the same bowler. After both teams play an innings, the winner is the team with the highest score.
T20 is the fastest form of cricket on which you can bet. Each team only has 20 overs to score as many runs as possible. There is no time to play conservative, so you see plenty of big swings and big misses. Twenty20 cricket betting is exhilarating, and rules such as power plays ensure that the runs keep ticking upwards.
With the internet providing instant access to any information a sports fan could want, sport has become more global. So, as fun as it is to bet on Australian domestic cricket games, there are also options further afield. Below are some of the most popular competitions for cricket betting:
● Ashes Series: Ashes betting is extremely popular with cricket punters. This is a rivalry with a long-standing history of over 100 years. England and Australia play a five-test match series in this fierce competition. The teams play each other every two years, alternating in location between the two countries. The team that wins the most matches takes home The Ashes. If the series ends in a draw (2-2, 1-1), the previous holders retain The Ashes.
● Indian Premier League: Indian Premier League games are played in the T20 format. There are ten city-based teams in the league, and the IPL is the most-attended cricket league in the world. The competition is played between March and May every year and IPL betting proves hugely popular as the league attracts global superstars stars with big contracts.
● Pakistan Super League: The Pakistan Super League is a T20 tournament contested between six city-based teams in Pakistan. It is played between February and March every year.
● Cricket World Cup: The Cricket World Cup is the international championship of one-day (50-over) cricket and has been played since 1975. Australia have been crowned champions on five occasions.
● ICC Twenty20 World Cup: The ICC T20 World Cup sees all full members of the ICC, and other cricket nations who played in a qualifying tournament, battle it out for supremacy. The tournament is first played in a group stage before moving into head-to-head elimination rounds. The tournament is held every two years and Australia are the reigning champions.
Australians have always been fans of cricket, and there is a host of domestic competitions and tournaments here. Here are some of the most popular cricket competitions you will be able to bet on after selecting one of our recommended cricket betting sites.
● Sheffield Shield: The Sheffield Shield is the domestic first-class cricket competition of Australia and is contested by teams from all six states between October and April annually. Every team plays each other twice - home and away - and the two teams with the best records compete in a final at the end of the season.
● One-Day Cup The One-Day Cup is the premier 50-over competition in Australia and is again contested by teams representing all six states. The most recent edition was played on a round-robin basis, with the top two teams in the six-team league contesting the One-Day Cup final.
● Big Bash League: This T20 tournament is contested between eight city-based teams and is Australia's hugely popular answer to the IPL. It is played in December, January, and February and is one of the highest-attended sports leagues in the world.
With so many games happening across the world, being able to access your sportsbook account quickly and conveniently is a must. That is why all the sportsbooks we recommend offer a mobile website that is responsive and optimised for use on mobile browsers.
Providing an even superior mobile experience, many betting operators now offer native cricket betting apps with better connectivity, unique features and enhanced mobile usability. You can download a cricket betting app to your device from the sportsbook’s website, and in some cases, from the app store.
Many cricket bettors opt for the top betting apps to easily access and manage their sportsbook accounts. You will also get exclusive features like notifications when there are wickets or when a special cricket betting offer becomes available.
Cricket is a hugely popular betting sport thanks to its schedule and different types of gameplay. As many bettors have favourite sports to bet on, they also have favourite betting markets. Below we look at some of the most popular cricket bets and how to make the most of them:
● Team to win the match: A simple outright bet in which you choose between the two teams to back who you think will emerge victorious.
● Top team batsmen: You can bet on which players from each team you think will score the most runs during the game. While they are pretty consistent, one delivery can change everything.
● Top match batsman: This may require more thought than the previous bet type, as the batsman that scores the most runs is usually on the winning team. Therefore, there is more to consider with this bet type.
● First over total runs: Cricket betting lends itself to smaller bets too. Here, players will be given an over/under on how many runs will be scored from the first over.
● Total innings runs: Usually, sportsbooks will offer this in an over/under format. Will a team score more than 200 runs? Will there be more than 400 runs scored in a match? These numbers will vary greatly depending on the format, so you can obviously expect a much higher total in a test match - when compared to T20 games or ODIs.
● Most match sixes: This is a tricky betting category to guess as the most consistent batter might not necessarily be the one hitting the most sixes.
● Player of the match: The clue is in the name with this one. Factors such as the bowling surface can affect this bet. For example, if a batsman does exceedingly well on a rugged wicket, that could tip the scales in their favour.
So, are you ready to place your first cricket bet online? Simply follow our straightforward step-by-step guide to getting started, and you can be up and running within minutes!
As entertaining as cricket betting is, you want your wagers to come good and possibly win some cash. If you want some cricket betting tips, our experts know exactly how to make the most of your bankroll.
It can be hard to keep track of changes between cricket formats, but this is really important if you want your betting to be successful. For example, batters are much more defensive in test matches than the free swingers in a T20 game, and that must be factored into any test cricket betting strategy.
Not all cricket grounds are made the same, and some favour a particular play style. Some settings will be perfect for spin bowlers, while others may be great surfaces for batters. These considerations can change the way games are played entirely.
Weather is a massive factor in cricket. It affects the wicket hugely, which, as mentioned above, can have a major impact on bowling and batting. Rain results in play being stopped during cricket matches - which, for example, can increase the possibility of a Test match ending as a draw.
Access to a diverse range of secure payment methods is vital when wagering at legal cricket betting apps in Australia. Any leading sportsbook will offer flexibility across banking options, from accepting bank cards to more niche platforms like cryptocurrencies and paying by phone bill.
Our dedicated team of experts at Gambling.com thoroughly assess available banking methods to guarantee straightforward payments and swift withdrawals. Nonetheless, you should always check the terms and conditions of your preferred online cricket betting site, as fees may apply to some methods. When visiting one of our recommended online cricket betting sites, you can expect to discover a wide selection of payment platforms, including:
● Bank Cards: Due to the popularity of debit cards among Australians, most online cricket betting sites will support deposits and withdrawals with Visa, Mastercard, and Maestro.
● E-wallets: For a highly secure and semi-anonymous payment transaction, many punters prefer to fund their online betting accounts and cash out using e-wallets like PayPal, Skrill, and Neteller.
● Prepaid Cards: While this payment method is only available for deposits, services like Paysafe are excellent for bettors who wish to manage their bankrolls carefully.
● Cryptocurrencies: Depositing and withdrawing with cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin, is a new and modern way to fund your online cricket betting account, offering fast, anonymous and secure transactions.
Ultimately, betting on cricket is an excellent option for those looking to inject an extra layer of excitement when watching the sport. You can always find an intriguing wager to place. With tournaments taking place all year-round, and cricket live streams available at top betting sites, the fun never stops.
If you’re looking for the best online cricket betting sites in Australia, you’re in the right place. With an extensive selection of cricket betting markets, competitive cricket odds, and more, you can find hours of endless gambling entertainment at our recommended legal cricket betting apps and sites.
So, what are you waiting for? Register to one of our highlighted cricket betting platforms today!
"A passionate sports betting expert and journalist with over 15 years spent in the gambling industry."