Should You Bet the Mets to Keep Rolling as They Start a West Coast Trip?
Throughout the season, we will give you MLB betting advice for two games each day and throw in a few quick pitches for prop bets, Over-Under bets or moneyline bets on other games.
New York Mets -125 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks +105
The New York Mets are off to a fine start and are the first team to reach 10 wins. They begin a six-game road trip starting tonight against the Arizona Diamondbacks in the first of a three-game series.
The Diamondbacks are off to a poor start, and the Mets are catching a weak team at the right time as their offense is performing very well.
The Mets rank sixth in MLB scoring with an average of 4.79 runs per. They rank sixth in home runs with 14.
The Mets' pitching staff is the second-best in baseball, sporting a 2.52 ERA and allowing 2.64 runs per game. The difference between the two measures are the amounts of unearned runs scored by the opponents.
The Situational Trends and Angles
- The Diamondbacks are 48-111 when facing a bullpen that is averaging 3.2 innings per game in games played over the past two seasons.
- The Diamondbacks are 19-46 when facing teams that are averaging 2.75 or fewer extra base hits per game in games played over the past two seasons.
- The Diamondbacks are 50-111 when facing a team that averages seven or more strikeouts per game by their hitters in games played over the last two seasons.
I like betting the Mets using the moneyline.
Philadelphia Phillies vs. Milwaukee Brewers (Saturday’s game)
The Phillies will have their ace Zack Wheeler starting, while the Brewers will counter with Adrian Hauser.
This will be the second game of a three-game series and part of the Phillies’ seven-game homestand that includes four games against the Colorado Rockies starting on Monday.
The Phillies are 4-0 when hosting the Brewers in games played spanning the last three seasons. Two of these four games have gone over the total. The average score in these games has been the Phillies 4 and the Brewers 3.
Wheeler is 3-1 with a 1.96 ERA and a WHIP of 1.065 when starting against the Brewers. The Phillies are 4-3 in his starts with a 3-4 Over-Under record.
In eight seasons, he is 62-52 with a 3.55 ERA in 171 games.
But he is off to a rough start this season with an 0-2 record, 9.39 ERA and a 1.830 WHIP. However, Wheeler is better than these numbers, and I expect a strong outing from him against the Brewers.
The Brewers are 14-21, losing 16 units per unit wagered, against the moneyline when facing a defensive team that's allowing 0.35 or fewer stolen bases per game in games played over the last two seasons.
The current line has the Phillies favored at -145 using the moneyline as offered at BetMGM and I like the Phillies using the moneyline.
These are some other bets and leans I like on Friday’s schedule.
- Houston Astros Chas McCormack hits a home run +460 as offered at FanDuel.
- Arizona’s Ketel Marte 2+ hits at +185 as offered at FanDuel.
- Saturday – Bryce Harper to hit a home run – line pending.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.