MLS Betting Advice: Big Battle in Los Angeles
After a stunning amount of goals and some incredible results last time out, the MLS returns this weekend. The league leaders in the Eastern Conference changed again this past week, and things are now seriously heating up in the playoff positions.
Here is our betting advice for this weekend’s fixtures.
Game of the Week
LA Galaxy +235 at LAFC -105
These rivals never disappoint when they meet. They have played 15 games and 65 goals have been scored. The Galaxy has won seven of the games and LAFC has won three.
LAFC sits top of the Western table by two points ahead of Austin and nine ahead of the Galaxy. It has only been six weeks since the Galaxy won 3-1 in the U.S. Open Cup in the last game between the two.
We’re picking LAFC to win here, but as usual, it should be a great game.
LAFC to beat LA Galaxy 2-0 is +1200 with DraftKings.
Best Bet of the Week
New York Red Bulls +150 at Cincinnati +160
The New York Red Bulls are now first in the Eastern Conference after beating Sporting Kansas City 1-0 last weekend The Red Bulls have a two-point lead over the Philadelphia Union. Gerhard Struber’s side is in top form right now, but this week’s opponent Cincinnati has not lost since the end of May.
It makes this game a big one for both, but the Red Bulls are narrow favorites to claim all three points, making them a worthwhile bet this weekend. Each team has scored 29 times to this point in the Eastern Conference, so goals are expected in this one.
Our pick for the best bet of the week is the Red Bulls to win.
The Red Bulls to beat Cincinnati 2-1 is +900 with DraftKings.
Team of the Week Last Week
Ahead of the Los Angeles Derby, LA Galaxy registered its best result of the league season by beating Eastern Conference giants Montreal. Javier Hernandez got the ball rolling in a 4-0 win, Dejan Joveljic scored a penalty and Rayan Raveloson netted two goals.
It was easily the best performance of the Galaxy’s season so far and not just did it bring them to within two points of Montreal. That win also helped Greg Vanney's side close the gap on LAFC ahead of their meeting this weekend.
It's only the second time this season the Galaxy has scored four goals in one game, and by not conceding any, they are an easy pick for the best team of last week.
LA Galaxy to win with over 2.5 goals is +370 with BetMGM.
Player of the Week Last Week
Taxiarchis Fountas, D.C. United
It's been a horrible season so far for D.C. United. However, it put together a stunning 5-3 victory over Orlando City last week, as Kimarni Smith and Nigel Robertha scored a goal each.
But, it was Taxiarchis Fountas who stole the show in that game. He scored a hat-trick to make it nine goals in 10 MLS games since joining from Austrian side Rapid Wien.
What's more, Fountas only had three chances on goal, meaning he scored on every effort he attempted on Orlando's goal. With a 100% ratio of shots to goals in the game, Fountas is an easy pick for the best player of last week.
Fountas to have a shot on target in each half this week is +400 with DraftKings.
Hardest Game to Call
Minnesota United +120 at Vancouver Whitecaps +130
Only goal difference separates the Vancouver Whitecaps and Minnesota United ahead of a massive game at BC Place in Canada. Both teams have racked up 24 points so far in the Western Conference, with both arguably coming off the best results of this MLS season to date.
The Whitecaps beat the overall table leaders, LAFC, five days ago with a late goal from Andres Cubas. The Loons beat Real Salt Lake 3-2 with two goals from Emanuel Reynoso and a winning goal from Luis Amarilla.
The form guide between the two is very similar, and the league table puts them right by one another. There really is not much to separate them in this game, and a tie is going to be our soccer betting pick in the hardest game to call this week.
A tie in this game is +245 with DraftKings.
These are some other bets worth a look on this week’s schedule:
- Carlos Vela to score and win for LAFC against the Galaxy is +200 at DraftKings.
- Montreal to win at halftime and full time against Sporting Kansas City is +185 at PointsBet.
- Austin to beat Atlanta with over 3.5 goals in the game is +950 at FanDuel.
- Toronto to beat San Jose Earthquakes 2-1, 3-1 or 4-1 is +400 at BetMGM.
- Philadelphia Union to beat D.C. United 2-0 is +550 at Caesars.
- LAFC ↔
- New York Red Bulls ↑
- Austin FC ↑
- Seattle Sounders ↓
- New York City FC ↓
This Week’s Schedule with Moneylines (All Times Eastern)
- DC United (+350) at Philadelphia Union (-145), 7:00 p.m.
- LA Galaxy (+270) at LAFC (-125), 10:00 p.m.
- Minnesota United (+200) at Vancouver Whitecaps (+115), 10:00 p.m.
- New England Revolution (+380) at New York City (-170), 1:00 p.m.
- Portland Timbers (+290) at Seattle Sounders (-125), 4:30 p.m.
- Austin FC (+270) at Atlanta United (-130), 7:00 p.m.
- Nashville SC (+210) at Charlotte (+120), 7:00 p.m.
- Kansas City (+320) at Montreal Impact (-135), 7:30 p.m.
- San Jose Earthquakes (+190) at Toronto (+110), 7:30 p.m.
- New York Red Bulls (+140) at Cincinnati (+160), 7:30 p.m.
- Columbus Crew (+240) at Chicago Fire (+100), 8:00 p.m.
- Inter Miami (+340) at Orlando City (-140), 8:00 p.m.
- FC Dallas (+165) at Houston Dynamo (+140), 8:30 p.m.
- Colorado Rapids (+250) at Real Salt Lake (-110), 10:00 p.m.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.