Hard Rock Sportsbook Kentucky & upcoming KY Sports Betting Bonus Code launch 2023
Kentucky will soon have up to 27 online sportsbooks for bettors to enjoy. Governor Andy Beshear signed HB 551 on March 28, 2023, which will bring legal sports betting to Kentucky by December 28, 2023, at the latest. We expect Hard Rock Sportsbook to be one of the first Kentucky sportsbooks available, so read our guide to find out what bonuses, betting features, and markets the betting site will bring to the Bluegrass State.
Hard Rock Sportsbook KY Promo Code & Upcoming Bonus Overview
Kentucky bettors will be able to enjoy a generous welcome bonus from Hard Rock Sportsbook when legal betting launches. When you make a $100 deposit and place a $100 bet, you will receive your $100 back in cash if your first bet loses. This is one of the best Kentucky sportsbook promos available and can be accessed by clicking on any of the links onthis page that take you the Hard Rock Sportsbook and create a new account.
When is Hard Rock Online Sportsbook Launching in Kentucky?
Sports betting in Kentucky was legalized when Gov. Beshear signed HB 551 on March 28, 2023. The terms of HB 551 state that sports betting must launch within nine months of the sports betting bill being signed, which means December 28, 2023. Each of the nine horse racing tracks in KY has been allocated up to three online sports betting licenses, meaning there could be up to 27 online sports betting sites available in Kentucky.
The Hard Rock brand is one of the most instantly recognizable brands in the world, and the Hard Rock Sportsbook has quickly grown into one of the most respected sportsbook offerings in the US with backing from the Seminole Tribe. Our expert team expects that Hard Rock Sportsbook will be one of the first betting sites to be issued a license by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission.
Hard Rock Sportsbook KY - Sports Betting Law and Bills Timeline
- May 14, 2018: The US Supreme Court overturns the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act of 1992 (PASPA). The Court determines that PASPA is unconstitutional and allows each US state to decide whether sports betting should be legal in that state.
- April 6, 2019: The first legal gambling bill is proposed in Kentucky. The bill suggests legalizing sports wagering, online poker, and Daily Fantasy Sports. HB 175 fails to gain any support in the Kentucky House and falls by the wayside.
- January 10, 2020: HB 137 is put to the House by Representative Adam Koenig. The bill is poorly received due to the ban on in-state college betting. This clause is removed, and the bill is reintroduced.
- April 20, 2020: The resubmitted HB 137 gains momentum, but the worldwide Covid-19 pandemic means there is no bandwidth for lawmakers to consider the bill. Kentucky sports betting will have to wait for at least another year.
- April 7, 2021: The Kentucky House considers three different legal sports betting bills. All three look to pick up on the traction gained by HB 137 in 2020, but none of the bills get to the stage of a House vote.
- March 19, 2022: HB 606 is the first sports betting bill to pass a vote in the Kentucky House. To the frustration of Kentucky bettors, the bill does not receive a vote at the Senate level and dies on the floor.
- March 28, 2023: HB 551 passes House and Senate votes surprisingly quickly, and Gov. Beshear signs the bill. HB 551 allows for retail and online sports betting, with up to 27 licenses available. A 14.25% betting tax is payable by sportsbooks.
What is a Bonus Code?
A bonus is a unique combination of letters and numbers corresponding to a betting bonus. You'll unlock access to this promotion when you enter this code while signing up or depositing. You may still need to deposit or bet to get your promo code rewards.
Promo codes are widespread in new markets where competition for customers is high, so we expect to see plenty of bonuses available in KY. When you download the Hard Rock Sportsbook app, you will need to enter the promo code "XGDC" to get its welcome offer.
All you need to know about the Hard Rock Kentucky Welcome Bonus
The Hard Rock welcome bonus provides a safety net for new bettors on their first bet. Simply place your first wager, and if it loses, Hard Rock will refund your stake in site credit up to $100. If your bet wins, collect your winnings as usual. You can play safely, knowing you’re getting another chance to play either way.
You won’t need a Hard Rock Sportsbook KY promo code to claim this promotion. Simply follow the links on this page to Hard Rock Sportsbook and sign up. To be eligible for this specific bonus, you must be a new customer aged 21+. You’ll also need to deposit at least $10 to meet the minimum deposit requirement.
How to Claim Hard Rock Kentucky Bonus Code
Claiming the Hard Rock Sportsbook promo code will be straightforward based on our experience with the betting site in other states. Once the Kentucky market has launched, click the links on this page to visit Hard Rock Sportsbook. Enter the promo code "XGDC" during your sign up, and the bonus will be applied to your account instantly. You will still need to deposit and make a bet to get your Hard Rock Sportsbook promo code rewards.
Hard Rock Sportsbook Kentucky Bonus Terms
As with all bonuses in Kentucky, the Hard Rock welcome offer has terms and conditions you need to consider. Here are some of the main things you will need to consider:
- ✅ You must deposit and bet $100. Any amount below this won't be eligible for the promo
- ✅ There are no minimum odds on your $100 first bet
- ✅ You must place your bet within seven days of your account opening
- ✅ You'll receive $100 in cash within 24 hours of your first bet settling
- ✅ You can withdraw your cash instantly
Hard Rock KY Sportsbook Bonus types
Sports betting will arrive in Kentucky in December 2023, which means there will be many different bonuses available for bettors. Online sportsbooks are able to offer more significant bonuses than retail sportsbooks can, and Hard Rock Sportsbook will be no different. These bonuses will be available when Hard Rock Sportsbook legal betting arrives in Kentucky.
Welcome bonuses are only available to new Hard Rock Sportsbook customers. Sign up to Hard Rock Sportsbook using the promo code "XGDC", and when you deposit and place your first wager of $100, you will receive $100 cash if this first bet loses.
Bonus bet offers allow you to place wagers without risking your own funds. With the best bonus bets, you'll be able to withdraw any profits from your bets (although not the value of the bonus bets themselves). Hard Rock is known for its bonus bets promotions in other states through its Happy Hour Fridays.
Friday Happy Hours
Hard Rock Sportsbook provides its "Friday Happy Hour" in other US states, allowing you to get enhanced odds and bonus bets at specific times on a Friday. This can really stock up your betting account ahead of a weekend of sports.
Refer a Friend
If you refer a friend to Hard Rock Sportsbook and they make a deposit and place $50 of bets, then you will receive bonus funds. The number of bonus funds depends on what you spin on the bonus wheel, ranging from $10 to $1000.
Hard Rock Sportsbook offers daily odds boosts for sports like the NFL, MLB, and NBA, allowing you to increase your payouts without risking any more money. You don't need to do anything special to claim these odds boosts. Check out the Hard Rock site and bet on any boosted odds market.
Hard Rock Sportsbook KY Review Summary
Hard Rock KY Sportsbook Top Features:
- ✅ Cash reward from welcome bonus
- ✅ Refer-a-friend rewards up to $1,000
- ✅ Happy Hour Friday bonus bets
- ✅ Free sports pools for cash prizes
Pros & Cons
Highly rated mobile app
Daily odds boosts
Competitive odds available
Must deposit $100 for the welcome bonus
Poor-looking desktop site
Hard Rock Kentucky Sportsbook In-depth
Betting and User Experience
Hard Rock offers a pretty seamless user experience, allowing you to open an account, make a deposit, and place a bet with ease. However, there are fewer sports and bet types available compared to competitors. You'll still have everything you need if you're mainly a fan of popular sports like the major leagues.
You'll find live betting markets for all the sports available at Hard Rock, but the platform does not provide any live streaming of events. Regardless, its live betting odds are very generous, and its platform will let you place bets in seconds so you don't miss out on any odds.
When you sign up with Hard Rock, you can claim $100 in bonuses using the promo code "XGDC" during your registration. You can then deposit and place a $100 bet with no minimum odds. If this bet loses, the betting site will pay you back your stake in cash rather than the bonus bets you'd get at most betting platforms.
Elsewhere in the US, Hard Rock Sportsbook provides plenty of boosted odds to keep existing players happy. These include its daily enhanced odds and parlay boosts. The betting site also has Happy Hour Fridays, where the operator gives away free chances to bet on a Friday afternoon.
Hard Rock Sportsbook App Kentucky
The Hard Rock Bet app is free to download on both iOS and Android devices, allowing you to bet on all of your favorite sports on the go! You can sign up via the app and take advantage of the fabulous selection of sports markets and the Hard Rock Rockin’ Rewards loyalty program.
The Hard Rock sports betting app fairs pretty well compared to other Kentucky betting apps. For example, you can customize the app by changing the display to dark mode. You’ll also find daily promotions, odds boosts, and same-game parlays all day long.
How to download the Hard Rock sportsbook app on Android
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Search for Hard Rock Bet. The app’s black icon has a purple guitar in the center.
- Select “Install” and wait for the app to download.
- You can now log in to your account and start playing!
How to download the Hard Rock sportsbook app on iOS
- Go to the Apple App Store on your device.
- Search “Hard Rock Bet”. The app has a black background and a purple guitar icon in the center.
- Select “Get” to download the app to your device for free.
- Once the app has finished downloading, log in or sign up and start placing bets!
How do Android users rate the Hard Rock App
How do iOS users rate the Hard Rock App
Desktop Vs App Vs Mobile Site
You can access Hard Rock Sportsbook in three ways: the desktop site, mobile site, or the Hard Rock sports betting app. The desktop site runs fast and has a super slick layout that is not too busy. The design makes the betting experience more enjoyable and straightforward, particularly for beginners.
The mobile site is similar, but menus are hidden due to the smaller screen size, making it slightly more difficult to navigate. The Hard Rock sports betting app also functions like the desktop site, and you’ll also find exclusive mobile bonuses. Overall, we think the desktop site is the easiest to use, but the app is also a fantastic option for betting whenever and wherever suits you.
Rating the software at Hard Rock Sportsbook
Hard Rock Sportsbook is powered by Hard Rock Digital, a brand built on over 50 years of experience delivering world-class entertainment. Hard Rock offers a unique user experience, allowing its customer to “bet to a different beat”! Overall, the software is easy to use and is compatible with iOS and Android devices. The site meets the highest industry standards for personal data protection.
Payment Options for Hard Rock KY Betting
Hard Rock Sportsbook offers a range of deposit methods that you'd expect from one of the best US sportsbooks. Deposit methods available include debit cards such as Visa and MasterCard, Play+, PayNearMe, PayPal, Venmo, ACH, or cash at the casino cage. You can withdraw via bank transfer, ACH, PayPal, Venmo, and cash at the casino cage. Deposits are processed instantly, with withdrawals taking 1-5 working days.
- Deposit Methods: Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Venmo, ACH, Play+, PayNearMe
- Withdrawal Methods + days: PayPal (1 day), Venmo (1 day), ACH (2-5 days), Play+ (1 day)
How to Make a Deposit
- Log in to your Hard Rock Sportsbook account, or register if you haven’t created one.
- Head to the “Cashier” and select “Deposit”.
- Select a payment method, and provide the details you need to add it to your account.
- Enter how much you’d like to deposit, ensuring you meet the minimum limit of $10.
- Your deposit will hit your account instantly, so you’ll be ready to start betting.
How to Make a Withdrawal
- Log in to your Hard Rock Sportsbook account, and select the “Cashier”.
- Open the withdrawal tab.
- Choose a payment method.
- Enter how much you’d like to withdraw. The standard minimum withdrawal limit is $10. However, it may be $20 if you use PayPal.
- Complete the transaction. Your funds should be with you in up to 5 business days, depending on your chosen payment method.
Most Popular Payment Related Queries
How long does Hard Rock withdrawal take to reach your account?
Hard Rock Sportsbook advises that online withdrawals can take up to 5 business days with certain payment methods, but most transactions take 72 hours.
Can you use Paypal on Hard Rock?
Yes, Hard Rock Sportsbook Kentucky accepts PayPal for both deposits and withdrawals. PayPal is a speedy and secure payment method for online betting.
Does Hard Rock match your first deposit?
The welcome bonus at Hard Rock Kentucky is not a deposit match bonus, but your first bet is protected. Bet anywhere between $10-100, and if your bet loses, Hard Rock will refund you this amount in bet credits. You essentially get a second chance to use the funds, so it’s pretty similar to a deposit match.
What Sports and Kentucky sports teams will I be able to bet on at Hard Rock Sportsbook KY?
Based on its betting site in other US states, Hard Rock will bring more than a dozen sports for bettors to back when it launches in KY. This includes some of the most popular events in the US, like the major leagues, soccer, tennis, MMA, and golf. Below, we've highlighted some of the sports we think will be most popular in the Bluegrass State.
NFL fans in Kentucky tend to follow one of the Cincinnati Bengals, Tennessee Titans, or Indianapolis Colts, as there are no NFL teams in KY. Hard Rock Sportsbook will offer regular odds boosts for these three teams, alongside moneylines, spreads, and totals bets for every NFL game. You can place straight bets or even parlay bets on all three of Kentucky's preferred teams.
Basketball is huge in Kentucky, and betting on the NBA will be incredibly popular with Hard Rock Sportsbook. The Cleveland Cavaliers are the state's most popular NBA team, and you can place bets on futures markets, parlays, moneylines, and more. Watch out for enhanced odds for Cavs games.
Odds boosts will be available for many different MLB teams, including the Cincinnati Reds, Kentucky's most supported MLB team. Place wagers on moneylines, totals, and spreads with Hard Rock.
Hard Rock Sportsbook will offer many different NHL markets, including futures, moneylines, spreads, totals, and prop bets. Watch out for enhanced odds for Nashville Predator games, the preferred NHL team in Kentucky.
Other Sports and E-Sports
Kentucky sports fans are passionate about college sports, with the University of Kentucky Wildcats basketball team the best-supported college team in the state. Hard Rock will offer odds on college sports as well as professional soccer, tennis, golf, and many other events. Kentucky lawmakers permitted betting on e-sports, so you should look for this exciting new market at Hard Rock.
Hard Rock Kentucky most popular bet types
Across the variety of sports at Hard Rock, there are loads of different betting markets for you to enjoy. We've listed some of the most popular bet types you'll find when you sign up with Hard Rock from the links on this page.
- Moneylines – A wager on the team or player that you think will win.
- Spreads – Hard Rock Sportsbook will give an imaginary handicap to the favorite and apply an advantage to the underdog. You need to place your spread bet after factoring in these adjustments.
- Totals – Also known as over/under bets, totals see Hard Rock guess the final score of a game. You must bet on whether the final score is over or under this predicted amount.
- Parlays – You add multiple bets into a single wager with a parlay. You only win a parlay bet if all of the individual bets, or legs, are successful.
- Live Bets – A live bet is placed on an event that has already started. Live odds are constantly changing, so you will need to wager quickly to take advantage of the betting lines you want.
- Futures – A future bet is a wager on a significant event in the far future, like the NFL regular season MVP or which team will win the World Series.
- Prop Bets – When you place a prop bet, you're betting on the individual performance of a player or team, regardless of the final result.
Hard Rock KY Sportsbook vs. Other Sportsbooks in Kentucky
Hard Rock Sportsbook will be one of the best sports betting sites available when betting sites go live in the Bluegrass State. However, with up to 27 online licenses up for grabs, other great sites will be available in a very competitive marketplace. Two of Hard Rock's top competitors will likely be FanDuel and BetRivers.
FanDuel can claim to be the biggest online sportsbook in the US, accepting more bets than any other online betting site. The sportsbook has got to that position thanks to its easy-to-use sports betting app, live streaming options, and a welcome bonus of up to $1,000 in bonus bets if your first wager loses.
BetRivers also has plenty for customers to enjoy, including the iRush Rewards program, one of the best loyalty schemes in the US. This program makes earning bonus credits, bonus funds, and even restaurant credits and hotel stays easy.
All three sites offer competitive odds and responsible gambling tools, such as deposit limits, to ensure that sports betting stays enjoyable. We suggest that you look at all three operators and the associated welcome bonuses that are available.
Hard Rock Sportsbook vs bet365 Sportsbook vs BetRivers Sportsbook
⭐ = Basic betting experience
⭐⭐ = Below average betting experience
⭐⭐⭐ = Standard betting experience
⭐⭐⭐⭐ = Great Betting experience
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ = Exceptional betting experience.
- Hard Rock Sportsbook Kentucky: Scoring 3.9/5, Hard Rock Sportsbook Kentucky caught our attention with its slick design and a site that isn’t overcrowded like many other betting sites. The design makes the site easier to navigate and an excellent option for beginners.
- bet365 Sportsbook Kentucky: bet365 is a reputable betting site, scoring a high score of 4.9/5. Its stand-out features are the diverse range of sports available for betting. The user experience is super positive, as placing bets and withdrawing any winnings is quick and simple.
- BetRivers Sportsbook Kentucky: BetRivers scored 3.9/5, with its best feature being its competitive odds, often the best you’ll find. By placing a bet with BetRivers, you could bring back a much higher return.
Do you have to pay taxes on any winnings at Hard Rock Kentucky Sportsbook
You must declare all your sports betting winnings to the IRS and complete a W-2G form if you win over $600. You must also pay Kentucky taxes on your winnings, which are charged at a flat rate of 5%.
Security & Support for Hard Rock Sports Betting in KY
Hard Rock Sportsbook Kentucky is a secure site where your personal information is kept safe. The site requires age verification to protect minors from gambling. It also provides links to responsible gambling resources and offers player protection measures like deposit and session limits. The customer service options are super reliable and help bettors with queries of any kind.
- 24/7 live chat
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +1(305)504-6802
Responsible Betting at Hard Rock Kentucky
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission regulates sports betting, and part of the Commission's remit is to ensure licensed sportsbooks provide responsible gambling tools to customers. Hard Rock Sportsbook will bring customers tools like deposit limits, bet limits, time limits, and time outs to promote responsible gambling. Through Hard Rock Sportsbook, you will also find links to responsible gambling resources local to Kentucky.
Hard Rock Sportsbook Kentucky: Final Verdict
It has been a long wait to get legal sportsbooks to Kentucky, and bettors will be excited at the prospect of the best US sportsbooks going live before the end of 2023. We expect Hard Rock Sportsbook to be one of the first sportsbooks available, and bettors have plenty to get excited about.
Hard Rock Sportsbook offers an excellent sign up bonus, frequent boosted odds offers, and sportsbook pools allowing you to climb a leaderboard and win prizes. The Hard Rock Sportsbook app lets you bet easily on the go, with live bet markets that are straightforward to navigate so you can place wagers while watching the action unfold.
We'd like to see Hard Rock Sportsbook introduce same game parlays and refresh the desktop site so it looks more modern. However, these are minor flaws, and we think that Hard Rock Sportsbook will give customers one of the best betting experiences available in Kentucky.
Hard Rock Sportsbook is legal in Arizona, Indiana, Iowa, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia. Hard Rock has received full licensing from the state's regulator after passing strict safety tests in all of these states.
Sports betting isn't legal in Kentucky yet, so there are currently no legal sportsbooks. Sports betting will launch in the Bluegrass State by December 28, 2023, at the latest. There will be up to 27 online sportsbook licenses available.
No, Hard Rock Sportsbook Kentucky isn't legal because the sports betting market hasn't launched yet. Sports betting will be available from December 2023, and we expect Hard Rock Sportsbook to be issued a sports betting license in Kentucky.
You can wager with a Hard Rock Sportsbook account in Arizona, Indiana, Iowa, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia. You must be physically located within state lines to place a bet in one of these states.
No, you can only have one Hard Rock Sportsbook Kentucky account and claim the welcome bonus once. However, you can open a sports betting account with multiple sportsbooks.