What Types of Online Bets Can You Place in New York Now?
Sports betting in New York is now a reality, but what does that mean? Well, it means there are a variety of world-class apps offering odds on the latest sporting events. With this in mind, here are the sports and types of bet you can access in New York:
- Football (college and pro)
- Basketball (college and pro)
- Formula 1
- Rugby (Union and League)
- Table Tennis
Types of Bet Available Online
The sports you can bet on will differ from app to app. The list is also going to grow as the local betting scene evolves. The same goes for the following list of bet types. As a standard, you’ll be able to make pre-event and in-play (live) bets.
Pre-event bets are made before an event starts, while live bets take place while the event is in progress. Within these two general categories, you’ll be able to make the following bets at all of the local online sportsbooks:
Moneyline: These bets require you to pick the winner of an event.
Point Spreads: These sports bets allow you to speculate on the margin of victory.
Totals: Also known as over/under bets, totals require you to state whether the final score/a team’s total will finish over or under a set line.
Futures: You can bet on the outcome of a league, cup, or championship with a futures bet. For example, you can bet on the winner of the baseball World Series before the season starts.
Halftime/Fulltime: You can bet on the first half of a game as if it were a separate entity to the second half. The same goes for events that are broken down into quarters.
1x2 Bets: These bets require you to predict two separate outcomes. For example, you could bet on a team to win + a certain player to score.
Props: You can make game or player props online. These bets focus on outcomes related to a specific action or player. The key thing here is that these outcomes don’t affect the overall result. For example, you can make a prop bet on the number of fouls committed in a game or a certain player to score a specific number of points.
The final thing to note is that New York’s licensees have deals with various leagues and franchises. That means you’ll get exclusive coverage and offers for certain sports.
- FanDuel and DraftKings are partners of the NBA. Additionally, FanDuel is a partner of the NFL. Therefore, you’ll get special odds and offers for basketball and football games at these two sites.
- Check out: DraftKings New York Sportsbook Review.
- BetRivers has a partnership with the Chicago Bears, so look out for extra offers whenever they’re in action.
- Resorts World is an Asian company. That means it will have a strong focus on international sporting events.
- WynnBet is the official betting partner of the New York Jets, so the oddsmakers will always focus on them whenever possible.
- Caesars and BetMGM have a deal with MSG. This means they can offer exclusive events and promotions linked to MSG.
- BallyBet has a deal with Major League Fishing. That means you’ll not only be able to bet on this sport but watch Bass Pro Tour events via its app.
- PointsBet is the official partner of NASCAR, the NFL, the PGA Tour, and Curling Canada. Therefore, you’ll get fantastic coverage of all of these sports.
Check out: Caesars New York Sportsbook Review for the latest promotions.
Of course, you’ll always get great coverage of all sports at every sportsbook. However, in addition to the standard odds and offers, it’s worth looking out for added extras in sports where bookmakers have special interests.
Be first to get our exclusive sports offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.