How Good Are the Mets, Should You Keep Betting on Them?
Throughout the season, we will give you MLB betting advice each day, throwing in a few quick pitches for prop bets, Over-Under bets or moneyline bets on other games.
New York Mets at San Diego Padres
9:40 p.m. ET
The New York Mets have the best record in the National League and have a big lead over the Atlanta Braves in the division.
My predictive models are showing signs that the Mets have reached a performance peak and are highly susceptible to regression over the next 10 to 15 games.
I can see the Mets going 7-8 or thereabouts over the next 15 games on their schedule.
The Padres are second in the NL West behind the L.A. Dodgers and are the top-rated NL Wild Card team.
They are on a 3-game winning streak and have closed the gap on L.A.
What the Trends and Angles Say
Here is a list of the situational trends and angles that support a wager on the Padres
- Mets are 21-33, losing 20 units on moneyline, in road games facing a host with a slugging percentage of .400 or lower on the season in games played over the last two seasons.
- Padres are 14-4, making 11.1 units on the moneyline, taking on exceptional fielding teams averaging 0.5 or fewer errors per game this season.
- Padres are 11-3, making 9 units on the moneyline, following five or more consecutive road games this season.
I am betting on the Padres at -110 on the moneyline as offered by the BetMGM Sportsbook.
Texas Rangers at Cleveland Guardians
7:05 p.m. ET
Despite having one of the lower payrolls, the Guardians have won six of their past eight games. They are starting a seven-game home stand tonight.
The Betting Angle of the Day
The following betting system has produced a 120-63 record betting Over the posted total and 65% winning bets over the last five seasons.
The requirements are:
- Bet the Over in games lined at 9 and 9.5 runs.
- The road team is starting a pitcher that allowed no more than one run in his previous start.
- The road team has just a .300 or lower on-base-percentage spanning their last 15 games.
I am betting he Over 9.5 runs +100 as offered at DraftKings.
Other Bets I like Tonight
The following list are my best MLB Player Prop Bets:
- Bet on the Diamondbacks’ Madison Bumgarner Over 4.5 strikeouts at +100 as offered at BetMGM Sportsbook.
- Bet that Corey Seager of the Texas Rangers will hit a home run at +290 as offered at BetMGM.
- Bet the Padres’ Blake Snell Over 6.5 strikeouts at -105 as offered at BetMGM.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.