Feb 13 ·
18 min read
May 31st, 2022
PointsBet is vying for a place among the top US betting sites, but will it succeed? From our tests, we think it could. With great odds on the NHL, NBA, and NFL, as well as unique innovations like PointsBetting, this sports betting operator is pushing the boundaries. We believe it's a rising star so scroll down to learn more about points betting and the brand in our PointsBet review.
PointsBet Bonus Code and Welcome Offer Breakdown
PointsBet Sports Welcome Bonus
This is the best PointsBet promo code offer as you can choose from two different promotions currently running on every licensed PointsBet online sports wagering platform. Including up to a $500 refund if your first fixed odds bet loses. New users also can choose up to a $250 deposit match upon their initial deposit, and all free bets accrued have a one-time bonus turnover requirements.
This signup bonus ranks among the best sports betting bonuses we've found from the sportsbooks we've reviewed. You receive the bonus bets immediately and only need to play through those free bets one time, which is as good as it gets. PointsBet sportsbook will automatically refund your first losses in the form of risk-free bets and send them to your account.
Sports bettors can choose a different PointsBet sign up promo code that earns them up to $250 in deposit matches. Like the risk-free bets, the bonus funds are available immediately and only need to be played through one time to be withdrawn.
The Best PointsBet Sportsbook Bonus Code Today
How to Redeem Your PointsBet Promo Code Offer
Redeeming a PointsBet promo code offer is a simple process. The best PointsBet promo code today is GAMBLE5RF. So be sure to input this sign up code during the registration process to receive the PointsBet risk free bet offer.
- CLICK HERE or "BET NOW" on our banner to activate this offer and head to the sign up offer page
- Register by giving the standard information required at all US gambling sites, including name, email address, address, and billing information.
- Provide the last four digits of your Social Security number for age verification
- Set up a geolocator to prove you're located in a state that allows betting and has a licensed PointsBet online sportsbook.
- Input the PointsBet promo code GAMBLE5RF in the required field when prompted.
- Complete all the verification steps
- Log into your new account and head towards the Cashier page
- Choose one of the PointsBet deposit options to fund your account the first time and claim the PointsBet deposit match offer
- You will get risk-free wagers up to $100 for the first five deposits you make
- Place your risk-free wager on any sports you like at qualifying odds
- If your bet wins, you keep the profit, if not, you get refunded in the form of sports betting free bets
- You can use free bets as site credits for your next wagers.
PointsBet Sports Betting Bonus Terms and Conditions
The welcome offer is, as you'd expect, only open to new customers who meet the following terms and conditions:
- You must be in a state where PointsBet is licensed to claim the new user promo.
- You must be 21 or older to create an account and use our PointsBet promo code.
- You must enter the promo code GAMBLE5RF during the registration process.
- Each bonus bet has a 1X playthrough, which means you have to wager it once to receive any profit.
How this PointsBet Deposit Bonus Code Offer Compares
This is an exclusive offer that isn't available if you go directly to the PointsBet website. By using our secure registration link and promo code (GAMBLE5RF), you'll receive five risk-free bets worth up to $100 each. The standard deal is a single risk-free bet. Therefore, by using our exclusive PointsBet bonus code, you're essentially getting a deal that's 5X better than the average.
Why Use this PointsBet Deposit Code?
One of the best parts of PointsBet's promo codes and bonus bets is that users will readily know what funds are available to them. On the top right of both the desktop website and the PointsBet app, bettors can see their bankroll and their reward points. To the left of those numbers, bettors can see the "free bets" funds available to them.
When bettors are placing a bet on the PointsBet app, an option to use those free bets populates in the bet slip. There are no gimmicks or hoops to jump through when seeing, accessing, or using these bonus funds. Like so much of the PointsBet sportsbook as we mentioned in our review, ease of use is one of the biggest positives.
More PointsBet Promotions
You can also find several different promotions like odds boosts, parlay boosts, and rewards that improve the betting experience for everyone. Each PointsBet offer is better than the next.
PointsBet Free Bet Credits
PointsBet offers several different free bet options. The most prevalent ones are those risk-free bets that bettors can redeem if they lose their first fixed-odds sports bet, up to $500. Use the PointsBet promo code: GAMBLE5RF.
PointsBet Odds Boosters and Super Bowl Promos
PointsBet will often offer odds boosts on local teams to win certain games, bumping their odds to cover the spread from -110 to +110 or their moneyline from +130 to +200. This also goes for nationally-televised or postseason games in major markets like Super Bowl or NBA Finals. Plus, there daily odds boosts of at least three legs. Small bumps in odds on the most popular markets.
The promo team at PointsBet HQ will select certain events throughout the year and let you make spread bets with no juice. Taking advantage of juice spreads means you're getting better odds because the bookmaker is sacrificing its profit margin.
PointsBet Refer a Friend
Other ways to gain bonus bets include referring friends to PointsBet, racking up and redeeming points, a payout from the Karma Kommittee on a bad beat, and even birthday bets.
There will be times throughout the month when you can add funds to your account and claim a new deposit offer. These are known as reload bonuses because you're re-adding funds to your balance.
PointsBet No Deposit Bonus
PointsBet sportsbook bonuses currently don't include no-deposit promotions that would allow sports bettors to place a wager without depositing any money. However, you can earn free bets from the risk-free PointsBet first deposit bonus and use them before ever touching your cash deposit money.
PointsBet Single Game Booster
You can often get booster odds for popular events in major sports, such as the NHL, NFL and NBA. Booster odds (aka enhanced odds) take the standard line and improve it, which means you get more payout potential.
PointsBet Rewards Program
All users are automatically signed up for the PointsBet loyalty program. Though there are no VIP programs. Bettors get rewards points for every bet they make. 1 point for every $5 placed on a fixed-odds sports bet and 1 point for every $1 wagered on a parlay. 100 points for a $100 parlay, 200 points for a $200 fixed-odds sports bet, and 300 points for a $300 winning PointsBetting wager. You can redeem these points for bonus bets, with 1000 points equaling a $10 free bet.
PointsBet Sportsbook Review Summary
- ⭐ Reputable brand live since 2017
- ⭐ Available in USA, [in 10 states]
- ⭐ 6 payment methods accepted
- ⭐ 24/7 Live Chat
- ⭐ Licensed and regulated
- ⭐ Unique features, including Name a Bet
- ⭐ Innovative PointsBetting feature
$500 worth of risk-free bets for new PointsBet users
Low playthrough on every PointsBet promotion
Coverage of all major sports, including NFL, NHL, and golf
Innovative features, including Points Betting
Pre-event and in-play fixed odds bets
Low minimum deposit
FAQ needs updating
No PointsBet phone number
App's aesthetics could be improved
Not available in all states, e.g. there isn't PointsBet Arizona (although this will change)
Innovation and added value are two qualities that PointsBet has in abundance. From its rewards program to live streams and unique features like Points Betting, there's something for everyone.
Our PointsBet USA reviews focus on all of these positives. However, unlike other PointsBet reviews, we don't ignore the negatives. It doesn't matter if you're reading this guide or our state-based reviews, we provide a clear picture of everything this operator offers. So scroll down for our honest PointsBet review.
Sports and Markets Available at PointsBet Sports
What are the major sports to bet on at PointsBet? Although some options may not be available in every state, the main betting markets are:
- Pro football, including NFL spread betting
- College sports and College Teams
- Pro basketball, including NBA games and NBA promo offers
- Hockey and the NHL
- Baseball and the MLB
- College sports and College Teams
- Aussie Rules
- Golf and the PGA Tour
- Rugby League and Union
- Special events, including politics
PointsBet Odds and Lines
PointsBet not only offers generous odds on all major sports, including NBA games, the Super Bowl, and the Soccer World Cup, it goes beyond the norm. It does this in two main ways. Firstly, you can create your own bets. The Name a Bet feature allows you to submit a request that, if accepted, will appear in the betting lobby with some odds.
The second way PointsBet goes beyond the norm is Points Betting (aka PointsBetting). This innovation takes the concept of a point spread and mixes it up. Basically, the oddsmakers set a line and you have to decide whether the score will finish over or under.
The twist here is that you'll win/lose money for every point you get right/wrong. So, if the point spread is 100 and you stake $5 on the over, you'll win $5 for every point over 100 when the game ends. Conversely, you'll lose $5 for every point the final score finishes under the points spread.
Legal Online Sports Betting Options:
- Parlay Bets
- Prop Bets / Player Props
- Moneyline bet
- Futures bets
- Point spread betting markets
- PointsBetting wagers
- Fixed Odds wagers
- Straight Bets
- Single Game Parlays
- PointsBet bonus bets
- No juice bets
- Win Totals
PointsBet isn't just a top-rated sports betting app, it also has a fully-stocked casino in certain states (currently NJ, MI, PA, and WV). From slots and table games to generous promotions, PointsBet Casino has something for everyone. To learn about everything it offers and get our exclusive PointsBet casino promo code follow our link.
PointsBet Sportsbook States of Operation
PointsBet Sportsbook NJ
- Land-Based Partner: Meadowlands Racetrack
- License: New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement
New Jersey was the first stop for this Australian-born company. PointsBet started offering bets in 2017 and entered the US in 2019. Learn more about New Jersey online Sports Betting.
PointsBet Sportsbook Indiana
- Land-Based Partner: Lawrenceburg Hollywood Casino
- License: Indiana Gaming Commission
After settling down in New Jersey in January 2019, PointsBet came to Indiana just two months later in March 2019. This came just before March Madness kicked off, giving PointsBet an immediate boost in revenues. Since then, PointsBet Indiana has partnered with some of the area's professional sports teams, headlined by the Indianapolis Colts. Learn more about Indiana online Sports Betting.
PointsBet Sportsbook Colorado
- Land-Based Partner: Double Eagle Casino
- License: Colorado Division of Gaming
Launched in May 2021, PointsBet Colorado was the first online sportsbook ever in the state. In fact, the approval came way back in November 2020. Learn more about Colorado online Sports Betting.
PointsBet Sportsbook Iowa
- Land-Based Partner: Catfish Bend Casino
- License: Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission
In Iowa, there is a slight difference in the overall registration process. After finishing online, you will need to visit the land-based partner Catfish Bend Casino in person. PointsBet came to Iowa in August 2019. Learn more about Iowa online Sports Betting.
PointsBet Sportsbook Illinois
- Land-Based Partner: Hawthorne Race Course
- License: Illinois Gaming Board
Learn more about Illinois online Sports Betting.
Going live in September 2020, PointsBet arrived in Illinois just in time for bettors to make their wagers on the Chicago Bears for the 2020 NFL season. The brand also offers the PointsBet Illinois app. It is available as a retail sportsbook in multiple locations, including Hawthorne Racetrack's outlets in Stickney, Prospect Heights, Oakbrook Terrace, and Crestwood. Get Your PointsBet Illinois sportsbook promo code here.
PointsBet Sportsbook Michigan
- Availability: Mobile Sportsbook only
- Land-Based Partner: Lac Vieux Desert Band
- License: Michigan Gaming Control Board
After securing a partnership with the Lac Vieux Desert Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians, PointsBet arrived in the state of Michigan in January 2021. Learn more about Michigan online Sports Betting.
PointsBet West Virginia
- Availability: Mobile Sportsbook only
- Land-Based Partner: Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races
- License: West Virginia Lottery Commission
Partnering with Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races brought the total number of operators in West Virginia to five. West Virginia is PointsBet's seventh operating state. Learn more about West Virginia online Sports Betting
PointsBet Sportsbook Arizona
Arizona online Sports Betting welcomed the best the sportsbook landscape has to offer. After brainstorming ways to increase revenues for the state, Governor Doug Ducey signed HB 2772 after passing in April 2021. This allowed mobile and retail sportsbooks to open for business in the fall of 2021. PointsBet Arizona will go live at some point in the future.
PointsBet Sportsbook Virginia
- Partners: Colonial Downs Group, LLC, NBC Sports networks, Genius Sports
Learn more about Virginia online Sports Betting
PointsBet Sportsbook officially launched its app in Virginia in December 2021 with top partnerships to bring its product to the next level. This is in addition to bringing on Allen Iverson as the brand ambassador. You can also find promotions regarding the Washington Wizards, Football Team, and Capitals games.
PointsBet Sportsbook NY
- Live Since: January 25, 2022
- Land-Based Partner: None.
- Partners: NBC, Genius Sports, Banach Technology
- License: NYS Gaming Commission
The PointsBet NY Sportsbook is one of the mobile operators that received the greenlight to launch in the Empire State, two days after the launch of NY online Sports Betting in 2022. Aside from the unique pointsbetting feature, PointsBet NY bettors enjoy a wide range of promotions, the latest bonus being a hefty welcome bonus worth up to $500 in the form of 5x $100 free bets!
Get your PointsBet New York Sportsbook promo code
PointsBet Sportsbook PA
- Live Since: February 10, 2022
- Land-Based Partner: Hollywood Casino York
- License: Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board
If you're in PA, you can take a look at PointsBet Pennsylvania promo code. For a unique and engaging sports betting experience, PointsBet is one of the top sportsbooks online. Thanks to innovations such as PointsBetting, this operator has carved out an interesting niche. When these features are combined with live streams, creative promotions, and slick software, you get a package that's hard to beat. Learn more about Pennsylvania Online Sports Betting.
PointsBet Sportsbook Tennessee
- Availability: TBD
- Retail PointsBet Sportsbook: TBD
Tennessee online sports betting was legalized in November 2020. Although we don't have a timelines for when PointsBet Tennessee will go live, this ambitious company wants to offer its services in all legal online sports betting markets. Therefore, you can expect to see PointsBet Sportsbook TN go live in the future.
PointsBet Sportsbook Maryland
- Availability: TBD
- Retail PointsBet Sportsbook: Riverboat-on-the-Potomac
- License: Maryland State Lottery & Gaming Control Agency
PointsBet Maryland is yet to launch. However, the state legalized sports betting in 2020. Since then, PointsBet has partnered with local casino Riverboat-on-the-Potomac. So, you can expect this app to go live in the near future. Click our link to learn about Maryland online sports betting. For the latest updates, click the following link to find out more about PointsBet Maryland sportsbook.
PointsBet Sports Betting Experience and Features
PointsBet Live Betting
You can make live bets via your computer or mobile on dozens of sports. However, the live betting experience doesn't stop there. PointsBet offers a variety of in-play prop bets and promotions, as well as live streams and statistics. That means you can watch, learn, and bet on sporting events as they're happening.
Easy Bet Slip
The quicker you can find generous odds and lock in a bet, the better. For this reason, PointsBet has a quick bet slip that allows you to add multiple selections and set your stake with just a few clicks.
Same Game Parlays
Parlay wagers allow you to combine multiple picks across a variety of events. The PointsBet same game parlay feature lets you do this for multiple outcomes in a single event.
Booster odds take a standard betting line and improve it. For example, let's say you scroll through the latest NFL betting markets and Patriots are +100. An odds boost would push the line to something like +150. So, you get the same betting conditions but more payout potential.
PointsBet Cashout Option
You can end bets before their natural conclusion with PointsBet's early payout option. Once you select the Pointsbet cash out option, the software provides a cash offer. If you accept, the bet is over and you receive a payout, regardless of the final result.
You can use the app's calculator to see what the potential returns on a bet will be. This means you don't have to wager money blindly.
Live bets are supported by in-play statistics and results trackers. These live displays are available on the website and inside the mobile app. All you have to do is click on the event in question to see the latest updates.
PointsBet Account Registration
- Click HERE or our banner to open the PointsBet registration page.
- Input your personal details, including the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.
- Include our PointsBet promo code GAMBLE5RF to claim your risk-free bet offer.
- Allow the software to verify your identity and location. *You must be 21+ and in one of the PointsBet legal states we listed earlier in this review.
- Complete the registration process and log into your PointsBet account.
PointsBet App Review for Mobile
- PointsBet Android App rating: 4.6
- PointsBet iOS App rating: 4.7/5
You can make bets, claim the latest PointsBet promotions, and request payments via the desktop site or mobile app. The operator's sportsbook apps is virtually identical to the desktop one making it easy to try out a pointsbetting strategy. In other words, all the features you can access via the PointsBet website are available on the mobile app.
In practice, PointsBet mobile covers every popular betting market. Additionally, PointsBet offers a full selection of free bet promotions, boosted odds, and cashback offers via its iOS and Android apps. Finally, you'll be able to watch live streams, contact customer support agents, and choose from a variety of secure payment options using your smartphone or tablet.
PointsBet App Download Process
- Click HERE to register for your first (and only) PointsBet account. *Use our PointsBet bonus code GAMBLE5RF to activate the welcome offer.
- Once you've created an account, go to your native app store. Android users should visit Google Play. iOS users should visit the Apple App Store.
- Search for PointsBet mobile.
- Tap the "download Pointsbet app" button to install the software.
- Use your login details to access your account via the PointsBet mobile app.
How to Bet at PointsBet Online Sportsbook
Choose from the PointsBet Deposit Methods
- PointsBet Visa
- PointsBet Mastercard
- PointsBet PayPal
- Online Banking
- In-Person Casino Cage Payment
The minimum deposit and withdrawal at PointsBet is $5. For reference, these limits are lower than the industry average, which means this is an ideal app for novices. Naturally, all payment options are safe and secure. What's more, your money will be held in protected bank accounts. Finally, all deposits are credited to your balance instantly, while the withdrawal processing time at PointsBet is between 2 and 7 days. PointsBet maximum payout per day ranges from one sport to another going from $10,000 up to $500,000. Maximum payouts do not affect PointsBet withdrawal time.
Place a Bet With Your PointsBet Deposit Bonus
- Log into your account via the website or the PointsBet mobile app.
- Go to the cashier page and deposit funds, using a method like PayPal.
- Click/tap the "Home" button and use the menu to scroll through the available betting markets.
- Click/tap a sport to see the latest events and any live wagers.
- Click/tap the odds next to your desired selection.
- Go to the bet slip and input your stake (at least $0.10 in most cases).
- Confirm your bet and wait for the result.
PointsBet Withdrawal Process
There are fewer withdrawal options than deposit methods, but there are still plenty of safe ways to claim your winnings. As we've said, the minimum withdrawal is $5 and requests will be processed within 48 hours. Therefore, depending on the method you choose, you'll receive your money within 2 to 7 days.
- Total PointsBet Withdrawals Time: 2 to 7 days
- Best Withdrawal Methods: Online Banking, PayPal, ACH/eCheck, In-Person
How to Withdraw Money at PointsBet Sportsbook
- Go to the cashier page.
- Choose one of the secure payment options. *Your original deposit method will be your default withdrawal method whenever possible.
- Input an amount that's equal to or greater than $5 (not more than your available balance).
- Confirm the payout and wait for it to be processed.
PointsBet Customer Service
The PointsBet website has a useful FAQ and, although we'd like to see some more questions answered, it does cover the basics. If you can't find what you need in the FAQ, you can contact the PointsBet customer service team 24/7 via the following methods:
- PointsBet Live Chat Support
- PointsBet Customer Service Number: N/A
- PointsBet Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media: @PointsBetUSA
Is PointsBet Safe?
Yes! PointsBet traces its roots back to Australia where it established a reputation for excellence. It obtained the necessary licenses to offer online sports betting in the US. If you're able to access PointsBet where you are, you can be confident it's safe and secure thanks to features such as SSL encryption.
Sports betting should be fun. That's why you shouldn't risk more than you can afford. PointsBet is designed to help you bet responsibly thanks to these features:
- Tips and advice on the nature of problem gambling.
- Personalized deposit and betting limits.
- Timeouts and self-exclusion.
- Reality checks and alerts.
- Contact details for problem gambling organizations.
Tips for Using PointsBet Promo Codes
Claim the Latest PointsBet Offers
From the sign-up bonus to boosted odds, cashback, and deposit deals, you should claim all the latest PointsBet offers. Doing this can help you counter losses.
Try a Variety of Betting Markets
PointsBet offers a wide variety of bet types. To get maximum value and find your niche, place a fixed odds wager, place a PointsBetting wager, and make live bets. Basically, make as many different bets as possible.
Don't Risk Too Much
Only bet what you can afford. Each wager you make should be a small percentage of your total bankroll.
Do Your Research
Sports betting isn't like casino gaming. Make sure you look at statistics, past results, team line-ups, and expert tips to help you get an edge.
If you're not enjoying the online sports betting experience, stop. It's that simple.
Our PointsBet Review: Final Verdict
If you want an online sportsbook that's big on innovation, creativity, and added value, PointsBet is perfect. From the $500 welcome offer to PointsBet match deposit deals, there are promotions galore. Add to this generous odds and unique betting options, and it's hard to fault this operator.
Could the software be a bit slicker? Possibly. Could the customer support options be improved? Yes. However, when you take everything into consideration, PointsBet is undoubtedly a rising star within the US market.