Pointsbet Sportsbook Kentucky & upcoming KY Sports Betting Bonus Code launch 2023
Legal sports betting in Kentucky is still not available, but soon, in September 2023, KY residents can start betting both in retail locations and online. Seeing as online sports betting is yet to launch, we look into PointsBet as one of the Kentucky sportsbooks that's likely to appear on the state's online betting scene.
PointsBet Sportsbook KY Promo Code & Upcoming Bonus Overview
Since the PointsBet sportsbook legal status is yet to be resolved, we can only speculate about the available PointsBet Kentucky promo code. However, judging by the offers in other states, players should expect up to $500 in second-chance bets as a Pointsbet bet credit. This should be an appealing offer compared to other Kentucky sportsbook promos. No PointsBet Kentucky promo code is required for the bet credits.
When is PointsBet Online Sportsbook Launching in Kentucky?
The Kentucky sports betting bill was signed by Governor Andy Beshear on March 31, 2023, making sports betting legal in KY. Currently, no betting operators have launched in the state. The first retail sports betting establishment is expected to start operating on September 7, 2023, while online sports betting should start on September 28, 2023. This is the approximate period when Pointsbet Kentucky is expected to launch.
We anticipate PointsBet will be one of the first sportsbooks to start operating on the KY betting market, but no launch date has been published yet. When we have more information on PointsBet launching, we'll notify you so you create your PointsBet account and claim those bonus bets, second chance bets, bet credits, or other available promos.
Pointsbet Sportsbook KY - Sports Betting Law and Bills Timeline
Sports betting in Kentucky has a years-long history. The list below features all the significant events that led to the legalization of retail and online sports betting in the state.
- 2017: The first attempt to legalize KY sports betting.
- May 2018: The Supreme Court overturns the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act, allowing states to start offering sports betting.
- 2019-2022: Sports betting bills are included in the state legislature but do not get the necessary support.
- February 2023: HB 551 is introduced by Rep. Michael Meredith, which allows race tracks to launch sportsbooks. The bill is sent on to the House Committee.
- March 13, 2023: HB 551 is approved by the House of Representatives and sent to the Senate.
- March 31, 2023: HB 551 is passed and signed by the governor.
- June 28, 2023: HB 551 goes into effect.
- July 10, 2023: The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission announces the launch dates for retail and online sports betting.
- September 7, 2023: Retail sports betting is expected to launch.
- September 28, 2023: Online sports betting is expected to launch, and the approximate Pointsbet sportsbook launching date.
What is a Bonus Code?
A PointsBet bonus code is a promo code i.e. a unique combination of letters and numbers that should be used, usually during the registration process, to claim an ongoing bonus. An online sportsbook promo code works much like a discount code, i.e. by giving people access to special offers, in this case, bonus bets, free bets, double chance bets, and similar offers. After bettors activate the code, they need to make a deposit and a qualifying wager before they claim their bonus bets. Note that a PointsBet promo code may not be required to gain access to a welcome bonus or related offers.
How to Claim PointsBet Kentucky Bonus Code
When PointsBet launches in KY, many new members will want to claim the second chance bets that are included in the welcome bonus or an individual Pointsbet promo code Kentucky for sports. Here's a guide on how to claim these free bets without needing the PointsBet sportsbook promo code.
- ✅ Create a PointsBet sportsbook account.
- ✅ Choose a payment method, make a deposit, and place your first cash bet.
- ✅ Keep placing cash bets during the first five days from registration.
- ✅ If the first five cash bets you place loose, you become eligible for the welcome bonus.
- ✅ Claim the second chance bets and use them on eligible events.
PointsBet Sportsbook Kentucky Bonus Terms & Conditions
In the sports gambling industry, bonus offers are always tied to terms and conditions that bettors must adhere to. PointsBet users in Kentucky will have to respect the following rules if they want to claim the available Pointsbet Kentucky promo code:
- Create a new PointsBet account through our site
- Place a fixed odds cash bet each day for 5 consecutive days
- Bettors qualify for the offer only if their bet on the fixed odds market loses
- The qualifying initial wager(s) have to be fixed odds bets, placed at odds of 0.50 or higher
- The qualifying bets have to be placed in cash on any sports betting market
- Bonus bets are equal to the amount of the losing wager, up to a $100
- The original stake is not included in the winnings
- The maximum bonus amount is limited to $500
All you need to know about the PointsBet Kentucky Welcome Bonus
The PointsBet sportsbook bonus is not yet available to KY bettors and when it does become available, it will be offered only to newly registered members. Bettors will have to make a deposit of at least $10 if they want to claim the bonus bet credits, then wager these bonus bets at least 20x before claiming any winnings. Players at PointsBet Kentucky can expect a deposit match of up to $1,000.
PointsBet KY Sportsbook Bonus types
The PointsBet sportsbook offers its users access to other bonuses besides the deposit bonus. However, most of these bonuses are available for a limited time, so bettors have to regularly check the Promos section to see what's currently on offer. Read on and get familiar with a few of the recurring PointsBet Kentucky offers such as odds boosts, second chance bets, fixed odds cash bet credits, free bets, and loyalty rewards, among other Pointsbet offers.
Bettors can expect an odds boost from PointsBet on certain sporting events, such as NFL games or other major league events. Usually, the bookmaker will boost the moneyline odds on a game, but players may also find smaller daily odds boosts on popular betting markets.
Reload bonuses essentially give players back a portion of the amount they've deposited on the platform. The reload amount is returned to players as a bonus bet or several smaller bets. These are among the best bonus bets because they allow bettors to wager the same money twice.
PointsBet Refer a Friend
The PointsBet sportsbook will award bettors that refer other people to the platform. The Refer a Friend bonus is awarded to Pointsbet Kentucky members who invite new bettors to sign up for an account. The bettors will then receive rewards points or another prize, as will the person who referred them, after meeting the qualifying terms.
Players can spread bets on select events throughout the year with no juice. This doesn't always happen; specific events are selected by the PointsBet team and offered to users for no-juice spread betting. By doing this, the bookmaker is giving up its profit margin and allowing players to win larger amounts.
PointsBet Rewards Program
As a top-tier sportsbook, PointsBet offers loyalty rewards as part of its PointsBet Rewards program to players in Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, and elsewhere where the site is licensed. This program allows players to collect points on the wagers they've placed and then redeem these points for free bets. Members can climb to the PointsBet Platinum Club and earn tickets to events, parlay bet boosters, personalized promos, and more by collecting rewards points with active betting.
PointsBet Sportsbook KY Review Summary
PointsBet KY Sportsbook Top Features:
To outline the PointsBet sportsbook review, we selected the site's standout features. The list below features the most notable PointsBet features.
- ✅ Multiple second-chance bets up to $100 each
- ✅ Numerous Live betting opportunities
- ✅ Custom same-game parlay bets
- ✅ Partial Cash Out feature
Pros & Cons
Wide range of sports betting markets
Numerous opportunities to win bonus bets
No PointsBet Kentucky promo code is required to claim the initial bonus
The payout process may take longer compared to other sportsbooks
PointsBetting feature incurs more risk
PointsBet Kentucky Sportsbook In-depth
Now that you've got the gist of this bookmaker, we'll take a closer look and provide a more detailed PointsBet Kentucky review.
Betting and User Experience
The PointsBet interface is well-designed and user-friendly, and bettors will easily navigate the hundreds of available betting markets. Users gain access to 18 different sports, with the most prominent events in each sport featured in separate categories. The odds are in line with the competition across all sports, and users can place a variety of bets or create their own custom bets.
The Live betting PointsBet selection is well-organized and functional on mobile and desktop. The available live events are featured in a separate category, and there are additional subcategories that allow players to access live events. Live streaming can be accessed through a separate tab, so bettors can stream some, but not all, of the Live games.
Even though there are some betting sites with more substantial signup offers or more tempting second-chance bets, the PointsBet offer is quite simple and readily accessible. No promo code is required to claim the offer; all the bettor needs to do is place a qualifying bet on an event with traditional fixed odds, and if this first bet loses, they will receive the bonus in the form of second chance bets. If the bet wins, the bonus is void. This is quite similar to other platforms, and the wagering requirement for the bonus bets is on the lower side.
PointsBet Sportsbook App Kentucky
PointsBet has proprietary apps for both Android and iOS that are available for download on Google Play and the App Store, respectively. Both apps are well-developed and provide access to all PointsBet sportsbook offers, meaning they will be some of the top Kentucky Betting Apps upon release.
How to download the PointsBet sportsbook app on Android
- Open the Google Play Store app on your mobile device and type in PointsBet.
- Choose the app titled PointsBet Sportsbook & Casino.
- Click on the Download button and wait for the app to download and install on your device.
- Open the app, login or sign up, make a deposit, and place your first bet.
How to download the PointsBet sportsbook app on iOS
- Open the App Store on your device and search for PointsBet.
- Select the app titled PointsBet Sportsbook & Casino.
- Click on the Get button to start the download process.
- Wait for the app to finish downloading, open it, and set up a profile or log into an existing account.
How do Android users rate the PointsBet App
How do iOS users rate the PointsBet App
Desktop Vs App Vs Mobile Site
The PointsBet website works extremely well - it's quick to load and easy to navigate, and creating a bet slip and placing bets is straightforward. The site is also optimized for mobile betting and can be accessed through a browser on any mobile device, although this version of the site takes slightly longer to load.
Rating the software at PointsBet Sportsbook
One of the first things PointsBet users notice is the platform's smooth functionality. There are no recurring technical issues, and hopping from one section to another takes seconds. The PointsBet proprietary software was also used to develop the mobile apps, which are just as functional and quick as the site.
PointsBet Sportsbook KY vs. Other Sportsbooks in Kentucky
PointsBet Kentucky is not the only bookmaker that's expected to appear on the KY betting scene. FanDuel and the Caesars Sportsbook are two equally reputable brands that are expected to launch their operations in the state as soon as possible. A comparison of the three is available in the following section.
PointsBet Sportsbook vs FanDuel Sportsbook vs Caesars Sportsbook
⭐ = Basic betting experience
⭐⭐ = Below average betting experience
⭐⭐⭐ = Standard betting experience
⭐⭐⭐⭐ = Great Betting experience
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ = Exceptional betting experience.
- Pointsbet Sportsbook Kentucky: simple sign-up process, second chance bets as a welcome, additional bet credits for regular players, a custom-made parlay bet, and an exceptional mobile experience.
- DraftKings Sportsbook Kentucky: access to a large variety of fantasy sports, a well-developed loyalty program, numerous ongoing promotions, and helpful resources on how to bet.
- Fanatics Sportsbook Kentucky: cashback on every bet, many perks for parlay bettors, expected second chance bets, Responsible Gambling resources, quick withdrawals.
Payment Options for PointsBet KY Betting
PointsBet banks with various reputable payment providers and processes all deposits instantly. Withdrawal processing take can take up to 5 business days. The actual payout time will mostly depend on the withdrawal method.
- Debit cards (Visa and MasterCard)
- Online Bank Transfer
- PointsBet MasterCard
- Cash at retail locations
Withdrawal Methods + Expected Payout:
- PayPal | 1-2 business days
- ACH/eCheck | 2-5 business days
- Online Bank Transfer | 2-5 business days
- Cash at retail locations | up to 24 hours
How to Make a Deposit
- Log into your PointsBet account and navigate to the dropdown menu next to your account icon.
- Select Deposit and choose from the list of payment methods.
- Provide your bank account and/or other payment details, enter the amount you want to deposit, and confirm the transaction.
How to Make a Withdrawal
- From the dropdown menu, select Withdraw, then select the method you want to use.
- Enter your username and password, and provide the required information for the payment method.
- Choose the amount you want to withdraw, double-check the information you provided and submit it for review and confirmation.
What Sports and Kentucky sports teams will I be able to bet on at Pointsbet Sportsbook KY?
PointsBet will allow its users to bet on all professional teams on the Kentucky market and the wider US sports betting market, as well as on local and national college teams.
The NFL is a popular betting market among KY residents, even though there's currently no professional football team based in the state. Many Kentucky bettors choose to bet on the Cincinnati Bengals, an NFL team based in neighboring Ohio, and place fixed odds wagers on final outcome of the championship.
Just like with football, Kentucky doesn't have a professional basketball team in the NBA. But there are many Kentucky players who are currently active in the NBA. This allows bettors to bet on player instead of game markets, which explains why player prop bets are so popular for NBA betting.
Once again, Kentucky doesn't have its own MLB team, but that hasn't stopped residents from betting on the World Series. Moneyline bets are the most common type of bet for baseball games. Kentucky bettors also like to place Live bets on important games in the MLB.
Just like with all other major sports leagues, Kentucky doesn't have its own professional hockey team in the NHL. But unlike other sports, hockey is not as popular in Kentucky, though bettors are still attracted to important games and events, like the Stanley Cup.
Other Sports and E-Sports
Kentucky sports bettors will find a solid selection of eSports markets at PointsBet, but can also choose alternative sports such as horse racing, table tennis, cricket, and volleyball. These are smaller markets, but still offer a good range of bets.
PointsBet Kentucky most popular bet types
At PointsBet, bettors will find a vast array of different bets available across many sports. To make things easier for newcomers, we listed and explained the most common bet types.
- Moneyline: betting on a team to win
- Spreads: betting on a team to win or lose by more or less than a certain number (the spread)
- Totals: wagering on the collective final score of a game
- Parlays: combining two or more bets in a single wager
- Live Bets: betting on sports events that are currently taking place
- Futures: wagering on upcoming events
- Prop Bets: betting on something that doesn't affect the final outcome of the event
Security & Support for PointsBet Sports Betting in KY
The PointsBet platform implements SSL encryption to provide data security for its users. The collaborations with reputable payment providers ensure financial safety and the support team is there to help with any other issues. There are two ways to get in touch with support:
Live chat: directly on the platform, available 24/7
phone: TBA for Kentucky
Kentucky Online Betting Laws, Rules, and Requirements
Kentucky betting law allows wagering on professional and college sports for individuals that are of legal gambling age (18 or older). All betting establishments – retail and online – must have a sports betting license to operate legally. Horse racing betting is available online only as it's listed as a separate category from sports betting.
Do you have to pay taxes on any winnings at PointsBet Kentucky Sportsbook
The Kentucky taxes on betting winnings are currently set at 6% of the proceeds paid i.e. 6% of the winnings minus the stake. However, this is yet to be confirmed, and PointsBet users will get more information on tax requirements in the state once the sportsbook launches.
Responsible Betting at PointsBet Kentucky
PointsBet is a strong proponent of Responsible Gambling; it allows users to set deposit and wagering limits and initiate Cool Offs and Self-Exclusions on their accounts. On the platform, users will also find information on helplines for problem gambling and other helpful resources.
PointsBet Sportsbook Kentucky: Final Verdict
PointsBet Kentucky will offer ample betting opportunities to residents of the Bluegrass state and award a bonus bet, bet credits, first bet bonus, or a personalized Pointsbet sportsbook promo code for all initial losing wagers. KY bettors can also bet on live events and even stream some of the ongoing games.
PointsBet is one of the best US sportsbooks in terms of design, functionality, and market selection, providing a superb user experience both on desktop and mobile. Pointsbet is a fair and reputable sportsbook with competitive odds, and it couldn't be coming to Kentucky at a better time.
As of yet, no sportsbooks are available in Kentucky. The first retail sportsbooks are expected to launch on September 7, 2023, while the first online sportsbook should start operating on September 28, 2023. PointsBet should be one of the first sportsbooks to launch in the state.
At the time of writing, PointsBet is available in 14 states: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia. Soon, the sportsbook will launch in Kentucky and possibly in other states as well.
Betting on sports is legal in Kentucky, but the state still doesn't have any active operational sportsbooks. Even though Kentucky residents can technically bet on sports, they still have to wait for the first sportsbooks to launch in late September.
PointsBet is not yet operational in Kentucky, but once it becomes available, it will be fully legal. The bookmaker will obtain a license that will allow it to operate in the state, adhering to all state laws and regulations pertaining to online sports betting.
No. Each PointsBet user is allowed to have only one account on the platform. The purpose of this policy of one account per user is to ensure fair play so that each bettor uses the PointsBet Kentucky promo code offers only once. However, people are free to open multiple accounts at different sportsbooks.