Best Bets for June 29 MLB Games
Throughout the season, we will give you betting advice for a National League and American League game each day and throw in a few quick pitches for player prop bets, Over-Under bets or moneyline bets on other games.
Inter-League Best Bet
Houston Astros -125 at New York Mets +115
Entering June, the Mets had a sizable 10.5 game lead over the Atlanta Braves and 12.5 games over the Philadelphia Phillies and the Miami Marlins in the NL East division standings.
With the Braves win over the Phillies Tuesday, the Mets division lead has dropped to four over Atlanta and eight games over Philadelphia.
The Mets have gone 13-11 since June 1, which is not horrid, but the Braves have gone 20-5, ranking second to the New York Yankees at 21-5.
The Astros are 14-9, winning 61% of their games since June 1 and have won six of their last eight games. The Mets have lost four of their past six games, scoring only three runs per game.
Here are the supporting trends and angles for a bet on the Astros:
- The Mets are 12-23, losing 16 units on the moneyline, when revenging a loss in which they scored no more than a single run in games played over the past two seasons.
- The Astros are 22-10, making 10 units on the moneyline, when priced as a favorite between -100 and -150 this season.
- Astros skipper Dusty Baker is 48-22, making 18 units on the moneyline, following a game where his team allowed no more than one run.
Bet the Astros -125 on the moneyline.
American League Best Bet
Boston Red Sox +130 at Toronto Blue Jays -140
The Boston Red Sox have had a terrific June, even after Tuesday’s 6-5 loss to the Blue Jays.
The Red Sox came into the series with seven consecutive wins, but have lost the first two games of this three-game series with the Blue Jays.
The Red Sox will start Nick Pivetta, who is 3-0 over his past three starts with a 1.64 ERA and a 1.000 WHIP. He has posted a 3.66 ERA in eight road starts and a 1.114 WHIP in 46 2/3 innings.
The Blue Jays will start Alek Manoah, who is 9-2 in 14 starts with a 2.05 ERA and a 0.958 WHIP in 87 2/3 innings. Over his past three starts, he is 2-1 with a 3.00 ERA and a 0.944 WHIP.
So, the starters are in great form and I see few runs scored in this game.
The MLB Betting Angle of the Day
This betting angle has produced a 26-12-1 record for 70% winning bets over the past five seasons.
The requirements are:
- Bet the Under when the total is 8.5 to 10 runs.
- One of the teams has won 18 or more of their last 25 games (Boston Red Sox).
- The game pits two teams with win percentages between 55 and 62%.
I will bet the Under 8.5 runs -110 as offered at BetMGM.
These are some other bets to consider on today’s schedule.
- Bet that there will be a run scored in the first inning in the Astros at Mets game at +105 on BetMGM.
- Bet that the Cincinnati Reds defeat the Chicago Cubs hitting the Over 9.5 runs at +425 on BetMGM.
- Bet the Blue Jays’ George Springer to get a hit at -205 on DraftKings.
- Bet the San Francisco Giants’ Alex Wood Over 4.5 hits at -110 on DraftKings.
- Bet the Dodgers’ Max Muncy to hit a home run at +255 on DraftKings.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.