Betting Advice for MLB Games on the July 25 Schedule
Throughout the season, we will give you betting advice for a National League and American League game each day and throw in a few quick pitches for player prop bets, Over-Under bets or moneyline bets on other games.
National League Best Bet
San Francisco Giants (-130) at Arizona Diamondbacks (+110)
9:40 p.m. ET
The Giants are reeling after getting swept by the Los Angeles Dodgers in a four-game series, which dropped them to 16.5 games back in the NL West standings.
However, they sit just two games out of the third wild berth, but they must start winning, and that begins with this series against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
The Trends and Angles
The following situational trends and angle support a betting opportunity on the Giants.
- The Giants are 66-29 when facing a team that converts 38% or fewer of their save opportunities in games played over the past two seasons.
- The Giants are 24-7 in road games when facing an opponent that has a season-to-date on-base-percentage of .315 or worse.
- The Diamondbacks are 23-65 when facing a NL starting pitcher with a WHIP of 1.25 or worse in games played over the last two seasons.
I am going to the window betting the Giants using the moneyline offered at +115 by BetMGM.
American League Best Bet
Cleveland Guardians (-105) at Boston Red Sox (-115)
7:10 p.m. ET
The Boston Red Sox have lost five consecutive games and nine of their past 10, and that has dropped them to a three-game deficit for the third and final wild-card playoff berth.
The Cleveland Guardians have lost their last two games, but are 6-4 in the past 10 and two games back for the third wild card berth and three games behind the AL Central-leading Minnesota Twins.
The MLB Betting Angle of the Day
The following betting angle has systematically produced a 17-8 record, good for 77% winning bets over the past five seasons.
The requirements are:
- Bet on any team using the moneyline priced between a -125 favorite and a +125 underdog.
- Our team is starting a pitcher that was hammered for at least seven runs in his previous start.
- Our team is facing as a foe starting a pitcher that walked no more than one batter in each of his last two starts.
I am going to bet the Red Sox using the moneyline offered at -110 at DraftKings.
Here are some player prop bets to consider on today’s schedule.
- Bet the Braves’ pitcher Max Fried Over 2.5 earned runs at -110 at DraftKings.
- Bet the Astros’ Chas McCormick to get a hit at -180 at FanDuel.
- Bet the Nationals’ Juan Soto to get 2+ hits at +310 at FanDuel.
- Bet the Rangers’ pitcher Glenn Otto Over 4.5 strikeouts at +114 at BetMGM.
- Bet the Diamondbacks’ Christian Walker to hit a home run at +390 at PointsBet.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.