MLB Betting Advice for Games on the Aug. 11 Schedule
Throughout the season, we will give you betting advice for a National League and American League game each day.
Check out our picks to help with your MLB betting.
American League Best Bet
Baltimore Orioles +110 at Boston Red Sox -120
7:10 p.m. ET
The Baltimore Orioles are more than outperforming preseason expectations and might just be playoff bound.
They are getting out to early leads and then the bullpen, which ranks fifth in MLB with a 1.101 WHIP, takes over.
The Orioles are not a team to fade right now and the Red Sox’ season is all but over.
Situational Trends and Angles
The following situational trends and angles support a best bet on the Orioles on the moneyline.
- The Orioles are 45-36, making 29 units on the moneyline, when facing a team with a bullpen posting a 1.350 or lower WHIP.
- The Orioles are 13-6, making eight units on the moneyline, when facing a defensive team committing .6 or fewer errors per game in the second half of this season.
- The Orioles are 12-3, making 11 units on the moneyline, when facing an AL team with a .320 or lower on-base percentage in the second half of this season.
I am betting the Orioles using the moneyline priced at +110 as offered at FanDuel.
National League Best Bet
Chicago Cubs +100 at Cincinnati Reds –110
7:15 p.m. ET
These two teams have largely underperformed preseason expectations and are not in realistic playoff contention.
However, they will be front and center tonight playing at the Field of Dreams ball field in Dyersville, Iowa.
The Reds are the home team and the Cubs are the designated visiting team for this neutral location for the second annual Field of Dreams classic.
The Chicago White Sox won the inaugural Field of Dreams game, 9-8, over the New York Yankees and I see this game tonight being equally high scoring.
Last year’s game was an instant classic, with the White Sox shortstop Tim Anderson hitting a monster home run into the cornfield in the bottom of the ninth inning.
Situational Trends and Angles
The following situational betting trends and angles support a bet on the Over.
- The Reds are 40-20-3 Over when facing a National League opponent that is averaging fewer than .5 stolen bases per game this season.
- The Reds are 50-22-2 Over in games when facing a team with a slugging percentage of .400 or lower over the past two seasons.
- The Reds are 35-20 Over following a game in which they allowed eight or more runs over the last three seasons.
I will bet the Over, priced at 9.5 runs as offered at BetMGM.
Some player prop bets to consider on today's schedule.
- Bet the Orioles' Ryan Mountcastle to get 2+ hits +200 at FanDuel.
- Bet the Orioles' Jorge Mateo to get a double +400 at BetMGM.
- Bets the Reds' Nick Lidolo Over 2.5 earned runs allowed –105 at DraftKings.
- Bet the Reds' Jonathan India to hit a home run +450 at PointsBet.
- Bet the Orioles' Adley Rutschman to hit a home run +470 at FanDuel.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.