MLB Betting Advice: What Are the Best Bets for July 8?
Throughout the season, we will give you betting advice for a National League and American League game each day and throw in a few quick pitches for player prop bets, Over-Under bets or moneyline bets on other games.
American League Best Bet
New York Yankees -160 at Boston Red Sox +150
7:10 p.m. ET
The New York Yankees won the first game of this series 6-5 on Thursday, and both bullpens did not allow a run scored. No runs were scored after the fifth inning.
The Yankees’ Aaron Judge is listed as questionable for tonight’s game, and with the mammoth division lead the Yankees enjoy, there is no pressure to have Judge sit this one out.
The MLB Betting Angle of the Day
Here is a highly profitable MLB betting system that has earned a 24-14-2 record for 63% winning Over-Under bets over the past five seasons.
The requirements are:
- Bet the Under when the total is 9 or 9.5 runs from game number 40 on out.
- The road team averages at least 1.5 or more home runs per game.
- Both teams in the same division and have winning records on the season.
I will be the Over at 9.5 runs as offered at the BetMGM sportsbook.
National League Best Bet
Chicago Cubs +170 at Los Angeles Dodgers -220
10:10 p.m. ET
After last night’s 5-3 Dodger win over the Cubs, I expect a lot of scoring in this game.
The Trends and Angles That Support a Bet on the Over
- The Cubs are 15-5 Over when they hit .225 over their last five games this season.
- The Dodgers starting pitcher Tyler Anderson is 30-12 Over when the total has been 8.5 to 10 runs.
- The Dodgers manager Davey Roberts is 145-100 Over in home games and taking on a foe that has been outscored by .5 or more runs per game.
I am betting the Over 8.5 runs as offered at BetMGM.
These are other bets to consider on today’s schedule.
Bet the Dodgers’ Over team total of 4.5 runs at -120 as offered at BetMGM Sportsbook.
Bet the Tigers’ Tarik Skubal Under 2.5 earned runs allowed at -115 as offered at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Bet the Phillies’ Kyle Schwarber to hit a home run at +300 as offered at FanDuel Sportsbook.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.