MLB Double Play: Betting Advice for Today’s Games
Throughout the season, we will give you betting advice for a National League and American League game each day and throw in a few quick pitches for prop bets, Over-Under bets or moneyline bets on other games.
National League Best Bet
Milwaukee Brewers +115 vs New York Mets -125
Reigning Cy Young Award winner Corbin Burnes pitched Milwaukee to a 10-2 road win Wednesday against the Mets in Game 2 of a three-game series.
In the finale on Thursday, I like the Brewers at +115 on the moneyline, as offered at FanDuel.
The Mets had a 10.5-game lead in the National League East at the beginning of June but have seen that lead dwindle to four games over the reigning world champion Atlanta Braves. The Braves have won 14 consecutive games.
Here are some facts supporting my wager on Milwaukee.
1. The Brewers are 12-3 in road games following a game in which their bullpen did not allow an earned run this season.
2. The Brewers are 25-17, making 12 units, in road games priced as a +100 to +150 moneyline underdog.
3. The Brewers are 23-7, making 15 units, in road games after winning their previous game by at least four runs in games played over the last two seasons.
American League Best Bet
Los Angeles Angels -115 at Seattle Mariners +105
After starting out 23-11 this season, the Angels have fallen into the abyss and cannot seem to find a way to win.
However, the Angels are favored Thursday against a much weaker opponent in the Mariners.
Because of the Angels’ slump, the markets have overreacted in pricing. I like the Over in this matchup, which is offered at 7.5 runs, receiving +105 money at BetMGM.
Here are a few of the situational angles that support my bet on the Over.
- The Angels are 15-1 Over having batted .175 or worse over their last three games spanning the last two seasons.
- The Angels are 11-1 Over after scoring one or fewer runs in each of their last three games spanning the past 25 seasons.
These are some other good MLB betting options on Thursday’s schedule.
- Take the Angels’ Mike Trout to hit a home run, at +260 at BetMGM.
- Take the Brewers’ Aaron Ashby Over 5.5 strikeouts, paying -108 at FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Take Rangers’ Adolis Garcia to have at least two hits +180 at FanDuel.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.