NBA Picks: Can the 76ers Bounce Back After Tough Stretch?
To help with your NBA betting, here are our picks for tonight's games. We'll start with our prop bet picks, then to our game picks.
Prop Bets to Consider Today
The player prop bets are 64-55 making $813 for the season wagering $50 per prop.
Philadelphia 76ers at Houston Rockets
8 p.m. ET
Line: 76ers -7; Total: 222 points
I am betting the 76ers -7 points at DraftKings.
The Philadelphia 76ers had won seven of their past nine games before starting a three-game road trip that has not gone well.
They lost by 32 points to the Cleveland Cavaliers priced as four-point road underdogs Wednesday and then lost to the Memphis Grizzlies 117-109 as five-point road dogs Friday.
NBA Model Predictions
The current betting markets reflect a 114.5-107.5 765ers win tonight. My predictive models show an 82% probability that the Rockets will not score more than 105 points and that the 76ers will have the better assist-to-turnover ratio.
In past 76ers games in which they met or exceeded these performance measures have seen them earn an 83-9 straight-up (SU) record and a 74-17-1 against the spread (ATS) mark good for 81% winning bets over the past five seasons.
The Rockets have been a money-burning 6-70 SU and 11-64-1 ATS, good for 15% winning bets when scoring 105 or fewer points and having the weaker assist-to-turnover ratio over the past five seasons.
Situational trends and angles
- The Rockets are 12-30 ATS (21%) in home games when the total has been between 220 and 229.5 points over the past three seasons.
- The Rockets are 7-23 ATS (23%) in home games following a game in which they failed to score more than 105 points over the past five seasons.
- The Rockets are 8-21-1 ATS (28%) in home games coming off a road loss over the past three seasons.
Other Games to Consider Today
Phoenix Suns at Dallas Mavericks -3
- Mavericks are 22-8 ATS (73%) when playing with same-season revenge over the last two seasons.
Oklahoma City +6 at Atlanta Hawks
- Thunder is 15-7 ATS (68%) as a road dog of 3.5 to 9.5 points over the past two seasons.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.