NBA Picks: Can the Mavericks Cover Against the Clippers?
To help with your NBA betting, here are our picks for tonight's games. We'll start with our prop bet picks, then to our game picks.
Prop Bets to Consider Today
The player prop bets are 37-34, making $409.50 for the season wagering $50 per prop.
Los Angeles Clippers at Dallas Mavericks
8:30 p.m. ET
Line: Mavericks -6.5; Total: 212 points
I am betting on the Mavericks -6.5 points at BetMGM.
The Clippers are playing the second of back-to-back road games and have won three of their last four games. They defeated the Houston Rockets 122-106 and covered the spread as 5.5-point favorites Monday.
The Mavericks are well rested having not played since their 117-112 home win over the Portland Trail Blazers on Saturday but failed to cover the spread as 6.5-point favorites. The Mavericks have lost six consecutive games to the spread and have only pushed in one of their last eight games.
Trends and Angles
- The Mavericks are 15-8 against the spread coming off three or more consecutive ATS losses and when the total is priced between 210 and 219.5 points.
- The Over is 23-12 in Mavericks home games when the total has been between 210 and 214.5 points and facing an opponent playing on back-to-back nights.
- From the predictive model, the Mavericks are 92-5 SU (95%), 72-22-3 ATS (77%) when shooting 48% or better from the field and having 10 or fewer turnovers in home games over the past 10 seasons.
More Games to Consider
New York Knicks -5 at Utah Jazz
- The Jazz are 17-9-1 ATS (65%) after covering the spread in five or six of their last seven games spanning the last three seasons.
Brooklyn +2.5 at Sacramento Kings
- The Nets are 18-9 ATS (67%) in road games and coming off an ATS loss in games played over the past two seasons.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.