NBA Picks: How to Bet Portland vs. Charlotte and Prop Bet Options
To help with your NBA betting, here are our picks for tonight's games. We'll start with our prop bet picks, then to our game picks.
Player Props to Consider on Today’s schedule
Portland Trail Blazers at Charlotte Hornets
7:10 p.m. ET
Line: Blazers -4.5; Total: 221.5 points
I am betting on the Trail Blazers -4.5 points
Portland coach Chauncey Billips has his team playing with confidence and intensity at both ends of the court and without all-star Damian Lillard.
My predictive models caught the Blazers as a 13.5-point underdog that was featured in Friday's NBA picks. They defeated the Suns for the second time this season and the sprinkle on the moneyline paid off at +500, making for an excellent result.
Tonight's opponent Charlotte is 3-8 and just 1-4 in home games and is already in an unenviable position to turn things around immediately if it wants to be playoff contenders.
The Hornets have lost five consecutive games and have lost five consecutive games four times in the past three seasons. The mounting injuries have contributed significantly to the losing situation.
Point guard LaMelo Ball has not played this season because of an ankle injury but his return is expected within days. Dennis Smith Jr. has started nine of 11 games at point guard but is dealing with a strained ankle issue limiting his performance.
Situational Trends and Angles
- The Hornets are 4-13 against the spread (24%) following a game in which they shot less than 20% from 3-point range (5-of-32).
- The Hornets are 1-10 ATS in home games coming off a home loss to a divisional foe.
- The Trail Blazers are 7-1 ATS priced as a favorite and playing their third game in four days over the past five seasons.
Other NBA Games to Consider Today
Dallas Mavericks at Orlando Magic +7.5
- The Magic have just 37% of the tickets bet but 75% of the money and that reflects significant sharp action grabbing the points.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Sacramento Kings +5
- The Kings have just 30% of the tickets bet but 65% of the money which shows significant sharp action grabbing the points.
- The Cavaliers are 17-26 ATS (40%) when on the road and facing a host that makes at least 46% of their shots on the season.
Be sure to check out today’s quick-hitting video clips presenting NBA, NFL, NCAAF, MLB, and the NHL betting systems on the Gambling.com Twitter feed at @Gambling_com.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.