NFL Picks: MNF Betting Advice for Cowboys vs. Giants
Here are some NFL bets I will take to the window for the Monday Night Football game.
Let's start with the Monday Night preferred bet.
Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants
Today, 8:05 p.m. ET, ESPN/ABC/ESPN+
Line: Giants -1 | Total: 39 points
The Cowboys (1-1 straight-up, 1-1 against the spread, 0-2 Over-Under) will be on the road to take on their NFC East divisional rival Giants (2-0 SU, 2-0 ATS, 0-2 Over-Under).
Before the preseason, the line opened with the Cowboys priced as a 2.5-point favorite with a total priced at 48 points.
However, the loss of Cowboys All-Pro quarterback Dak Prescott has shifted the lines significantly to making the Giants a 1-point favorite and the total declining nine points to 39.
What Do the Predictive Models Have to Share?
A line favoring the Giants by one and a total of 39 points implies a Giants 20 to 19 win. My predictive model shows a high probability that the Giants and Cowboys will both score 21 or more points.
- The Giants are 80-91 SU and 92-77-2 against the spread (ATS) for 55% winning bets, including a 148-18-5 Over-Under record, good for 89% winning Over bets in games in which they and their foes each score 20 or more points.
- The Cowboys are 100-81 SU, 82-91-8 ATS and 166-12-3 Over-Under, good for 93% winning Over bets in games where they and their foes each score 20 or more points.
- Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy posted a 36-20-1 Over-Under record when coming off a game where his defense allowed three or fewer points in the first half.
I am betting the Over in this matchup currently priced at 39 points at BetMGM Sportsbook.
These are my best prop bets picks.
For the season, player prop bets are 10-3, making $388 per $50 bet.
- Bet the Giants' Daniel Jones to throw an interception -115 at BetMGM.
- Bet the Cowboys' Cooper Rush Over 1.5 passing touchdowns +165 at FanDuel.
- Bet the Giants' Faniel Jones Over 1.5 passing touchdowns +200 at FanDuel.
- Bet the Cowboys' CeeDee Lamb Over 4.5 receptions -165 at BetMGM.
- Bet the Giants' Sequon Barkley Over 3.5 receptions +125 at PointsBet.
Remember, sports betting is a marathon, not a get-rich scheme for one weekend. There will be losing weeks here on these pages and although I have had nine profitable seasons in the past 10, there is no guarantee I will hit 65% ATS again this season.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.