A Contrarian Bet to Make on Tonight's MLB Action and Other Advice
Throughout the season, we will give you MLB betting advice each day on two MLB games.
We’ll also throw in a few quick pitches for prop bets, Over-Under bets or moneyline bets on other games.
Houston Astros at Texas Rangers
8:05 p.m. ET
The Rangers will start Taylor Hearn tonight. Hearn is making his 12th start of the season and has a 4-4 record with a 1.640 WHIP in 50 innings.
The Astros have scheduled Christian Javier, who is making his eighth start with a 3-3 record, a 4.32 ERA and a 1.320 WHIP in 33 ⅓ innings.
The MLB Betting Angles of the Day
Here is a tremendous MLB betting system that has produced a 43-13-2 record for 77% winning bets over the last 25 MLB seasons and is 6-0 over the past three seasons.
The requirements are as follows:
Bet the Under …
- In an AL matchup with a total of 8.5 to 10 runs.
- With a team (Rangers) posting an OBP no better than .320.
- That team is starting a pitcher with a WHIP between 1.55 and 1.70.
- That team is facing an opponent starting an average pitcher sporting a WHIP between 1.30 and 1.50.
I will bet the Under of nine runs offered by BetMGM at -115.
Florida Marlins at Philadelphia Phillies
7:05 p.m. ET
The Phillies had their nine-game winning streak snapped with a 13-1 defeat in the final game of a three-game series at home to the Arizona Diamondbacks on Sunday.
However, the news is quite good for bettors who want to back the Phillies in the first game of a three-game series against the Miami Marlins tonight.
Teams that had a nine-game winning streak end in a home loss by at least five runs are 11-2 on the moneyline for 85% winning bets. They are averaging a -142 moneyline wager and producing a 42% return-on-investment spanning the last 18 seasons.
So, at -135, the Phillies are cheap and represent a great betting opportunity.
I am betting the Phillies on the moneyline at -128 as offered at DraftKings.
Other Bets I Like Today
The following list is my best MLB Player Prop Bets:
- Bet the Royals’ Whit Merrifield to have two+ hits at +170 on FanDuel.
- Bet the Nationals’ Josiah Gray Over 6.5 strikeouts at +120 on DraftKings.
- Bet the Twins’ Chris Archer Under 2.5 earned runs at -145 at Caesars.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.