MLB Double Play: Betting Advice on National and American League Games, April 13
Throughout the season, we will give you MLB betting advice for a National League and American League game each day and throw in a few quick pitches for prop bets, Over-Under bets or moneyline bets on other games.
These are legitimate bets from the predictive models I have developed over 27 years.
American League Best Bet
Seattle +105 vs Chicago White Sox -115
The Mariners have had two players hit 100+ home runs and 100+ doubles over their first 500 games.
Alex Rodriguez did it from 1994-98 and Richie Sexson did it from 2005-08.
Now, it is very likely Mitch Haniger will be added to that list. Haniger needs two home runs to reach 100 and he already has 100 doubles through 476.
I like Haniger to hit a home run tonight getting +440 as offered at FanDuel Sportsbook.
National League Best Bet
Milwaukee Brewers -165 vs. the Baltimore Orioles +155
I will share a premium 4% Best Bet on this game backed by a highly-profitable betting angle/system that has produced a 26-7 record over the past five seasons. It averages a +138 underdog wager and has made the $100 bettor a profit of $2,910.
The requirements are to bet on any American League team that had a .410 or lower slugging percentage in their previous season and has a current slugging percentage of .350 or lower spanning their past five games.
Quick Hitters On This Game
- The Brewers are 3-8 when facing an American League team scoring 4.4 or fewer runs per game in games played over the past two seasons.
- The Brewers are 40-68 in road games taking on an American League foe that is batting no higher than 0.260.
- The Brewers are 1-10 using the Run Line when facing AL teams scoring 4.4 or fewer runs per game, spanning the past two seasons.
- The Orioles are 8-0 using the Run Line when facing a National League team scoring 4.5 or more runs per game in games played over the last two seasons.
- The Orioles bullpen over their first five games has a 2.22 ERA and a 1.110 WHIP.
Take the Orioles and the +155.
These are some other bets and leans I like on today’s schedule.
- Oakland A’s Frankie Montas Over 6.5 strikeouts -115 as offered at FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Tampa Bay Rays Shane McClanahan Over 6.5 +109 strikeouts as offered at BetMGM Sportsbook.
- Toronto Blue Jays Vladimir Guerrero, Jr. hits a home run +350 at BetMGM Sportsbook.
- Toronto Blue Jays Jose Berrios allows Under 2.5 earned runs -110 at BetMGM Sportsbook.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.