MLB Picks: Can Cleveland Bounce Back Against the Yankees?
To get you ready for your MLB betting, we take a look at today's games.
Cleveland Guardians +125 at New York Yankees -135
7:37 p.m. ET, Yankee Stadium
The weather will be a factor in Game 2 as there is a 60% chance of rain and thunderstorms at 7 p.m. and then averaging 65% chance of precipitation between 8 and midnight.
So, stay tuned for updates on my Twitter feed throughout the morning and early afternoon hours for any critical changes in the weather forecast or a change in starting pitchers.
If the game is postponed to Friday and the pitching matchup remains the same, this betting opportunity is valid.
Situational Trends and Angles
- The Guardians are 68-46, making 25 units on the moneyline, since game 50 this season when facing a starter that allows an average of 5.5 or fewer hits per start
- The Guardians are 70-46, making 27 units on the moneyline, when facing a team whose bullpen averages 3.2 or more innings of work per game.
- The Yankees are 21-28, losing 17 units on the moneyline, when facing a winning record team in the second half of this season.
I am betting the Guardians using the moneyline priced at +120 at BetMGM.
Live In-Game Betting Strategy
- Bet 50% of your normal bet amount ‘pre-flop’ (before the game starts)
- If during the first two innings the Yankees score first, bet the remaining 50% using the LIVE in-game moneyline.
These are the Player Prop Bets to consider today.
- Bet the Mariners' Luis Castillo Over 5.5 strikeouts +112 at BetRivers.
- Bet the Mariners' Ty France to get 2+ hits +250 at FanDuel.
- Bet the Astros' Chas McCormick, if he starts, to get 2+ hits +550 at FanDuel.
- Bet the Guardians' Shane Bieber Over 4.5 strikeouts -149 at Caesars.
- Bet the Guardians' Andres Gimenez to hit a home run +850 at UniBet.
In 176 prop bets, I have a 78-98 record, making a profit of $522 per $20 pizza-money wager or $2,610 per $100 wager. The results have produced a 71% return on investment (ROI) for the 2022 MLB season and playoffs.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.