MLB Picks: What to Make of the Philadelphia Phillies vs. San Diego Padres Series
To help with your MLB betting, we take a look at today's playoff game.
Philadelphia Phillies at San Diego Padres
Game 1, 8:03 p.m. ET, FS1
Petco Park, San Diego
San Diego is starting Yu Darvish (16-8, 3.10 ERA, 0.95 WHIP, 197 strikeouts) and Philadelphia is countering with Zack Wheeler (12-7, 2.82 ERA, 1.04 WHIP, 163 strikeouts).
The Padres are priced at +325 and the Phillies at +350 to win the World Series at BetMGM.
Trends and Angles
- The road team is 7-21 (25% +145 moneyline) in Game 1 of the NLCS.
- The Under is 29-20-1 in the playoffs when one of the teams has a starter with an ERA of less than 2.00 over his last three starts and has a season-to-date WHIP of 1.1 or lower.
- The Under is 19-10-1 (65%) in the playoffs when the road team is starting a pitcher with an ERA of 2 or lower in his last three starts and with a WHIP of 1.1 or lower.
- The Padres are 8-24 (25) on the run line when favored up to -150 on the moneyline and facing a right-handed starting pitcher this season.
- The Padres starter Yu Darvish is 9-0-1 Under when the line has been between -100 and -150 this season.
I am betting the Phillies in Game 1 of the NLCS using the moneyline priced at +100 and I am betting the Phillies to win the NLCS at +110 as offered at BetMGM Sportsbook.
Live In-Game Betting Strategy
- Bet 50% of your normal bet amount ‘pre-flop’ (before the game starts) on the Phillies on the moneyline.
- If the Padres score first and not more than 3 runs in total during the first three innings, bet the remaining 50% using the live in-game moneyline price on the Phillies.
Here are some player prop bets to consider tonight.
- Bet the Guardians' Aaron Civale to get the win +140 at BetMGM.
- Bet the Guardians' Josh Naylor Over 1.5 total bases +150 at DraftKings.
- Bet the Yankees' Harrison Bader to hit a home run +900 at BetRivers
- Bet that there will be a run scored in the first inning of the Guardians vs Yankees Game 5 +100 at BetMGM.
- Bet the Guardians' win by 3 runs exact +1150 at BetMGM.
- Bet the Paderes' Yu Darvish Under 5.5 strikeouts –120 at FanDuel.
- Bet the Phillies' Bryce Harper to get 3+ hits +1700 at FanDuel.
- Bet the Phillies' Nick Castellanos to get 3+ hits +2000 at FanDuel.
In 189 prop bets, I have an 83-106 record, making a profit of $469 per $20 pizza-money wager or $2,395 per $100 wager. The results have produced a 61% return on investment (ROI) for the 2022 MLB season and playoffs.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.