Best MLB Betting Advice for Games on the July 27 Schedule
Throughout the season, we will give you betting advice for a National League and American League game each day and throw in a few quick pitches for player prop bets, Over-Under bets or moneyline bets on other games.
Inter-League Best Bet
St. Louis Cardinals (+200) at Toronto Blue Jays (-250)
7:07 p.m. ET
Two teams from different leagues but with playoff aspirations square off in Toronto when the St. Louis Cardinals look to avenge a 10-3 loss to the Toronto Blue Jays in the second of a two-game series.
The Cardinals are without the services of all-stars Paul Goldschmidt and Nolan Arenado because of COVID-19 vaccination protocols and were missed in last night’s loss. The pair have combined for the second most extra-base hits with 95.
The Trends and Angles
The following situational trends and angles support a betting opportunity on the Cardinals using the +1.5 run line.
- The Blue Jays starting pitcher Kevin Gausman is 0-9, losing 10 units on the run line in home starts and facing an NL foe that is scoring an average of 4.5 or more runs per game in the past three seasons.
- Gausman is 1-11 on the run line, losing 13 units when the total has been between seven and 8.5 runs.
- The Blue Jays are 1-9 on the run line, losing 10 units following a game in which they scored eight or more runs this season.
I am going to the window to bet the Cardinals using the +1.5 run line offered at +170 by BetMGM.
National League Best Bet
San Francisco Giants (-115) at Arizona Diamondbacks (-105)
3:40 p.m. ET
The San Francisco Giants playoff hopes are fading rapidly with them on a six-game losing skid. The loss yesterday put the Giants under .500 for the first time.
They had been 1-1 and 2-2 and 41-41 the only other times they had been at the .500 mark this season. This is a new low point and I do not see the Giants turning things around.
The MLB Betting Angle of the Day
The following betting angle has systematically produced a 32-17 record, good for 65.3% winning bets over the last five seasons. The requirements are:
- Bet on a team facing an opponent that has lost three consecutive games to a divisional foe.
- The opponent is starting a very good starting pitcher with an ERA of 2.50 or lower spanning his last three starts.
I am going bet the Arizona Diamondbacks using the moneyline offered at -110 at BetMGM.
Here are some player prop bets to consider today.
- Bet the Orioles' Tyler Wells Under 5.5 hits allowed –140 at DraftKings.
- Bet the Yankees' Anthony Rizzo to get a hit –155 at FanDuel.
- Bet Boston's Nathan Eovaldi Over 5.5 strikeouts +110 at BetMGM.
- Bet the Reds' Kyle Farmer to get a hit –240 at PointsBet.
- Bet the Rangers' Jon Gray Under 2.5 earned runs –125 at DraftKings.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.