Betting Options for Games on Today's MLB Schedule, June 24
Throughout the season, we will give you betting advice for a National League and American League game each day and throw in a few quick pitches for player prop bets, Over-Under bets or moneyline bets on other games.
National League Best Bet
Philadelphia Phillies +140 at San Diego Padres -150
9:40 p.m. ET
I was on the Phillies Thursday in Game 1 of this four-game series against the San Diego Padres, and they came through with an easy 6-2 win as a +150 underdog contrarian bet.
I am returning to the well again and betting the Phillies in Game 2.
Philadelphia is starting Aaron Nola. Nola has a 0.78 ERA with a 0.652 WHIP, with 20 strikeouts and one walk in 23 innings.
The Padres will counter with left-hander Mackenzie Gore. Gore has a 2.25 ERA and a 0.917 WHIP with only five walks and 51 strikeouts in 48 innings.
Gore is in horrid form of late a 10.22 ERA and a 2.190 WHIP with 10 walks and 14 strikeouts in his last three starts.
How the Trends and Angles See This Game
Here are a few situational trends and angles supporting the Phillies.
- The Phillies are 14-7, making 10 units in road games against a National League foe batting .255 or lower.
- The Phillies are 29-13, making 14 units for 69% winning bets, when taking on the Padres after game number 50 and when the Phillies have had a winning record.
American League Best Bet
Seattle Mariners +145 at Los Angeles Angels -155
9:38 p.m. E.T.
After losing 14 consecutive games that cost manager Joe Madden his job, the Angels are beginning to get back into wild-card contention.
They have won five of their past eight games and are coming off a 5-0 win over the Kansas City Royals.
They start a three-game series against the Seattle Mariners tonight. This is part of a six-game home stand. I am looking for the Angels to win at least four of these six home games.
The MLB Betting Angle of the Day
This betting angle has produced a 111-31 record, making 62 units or a profit of $6,200 for the $100 bettor over the past five seasons.
The requirements are:
- Bet on home favorites.
- The AL guest sports a slugging percentage of .410 or lower on the season.
- The guest is coming off a game in which three or fewer runs were scored.
The Mariners are not a good offensive team. They have a .380 slugging percentage.
I am taking the Angels in this game.
Here are other bets to consider on today’s schedule.
- Take the Guardians’ Cal Quantrill Under 4.5 strikeouts at -125 at BetMGM.
- Take the Dodgers’ Julio Urias Over 16.5 outs recorded at -115 at BetMGM.
- Take the Dodgers’ Freddie Freeman Over 1.5 hits at +150 at FanDuel.
- Take White Sox pitcher Michael Kopech Under 5.5 strikeouts at +115 at BetMGM.
- Take the Reds’ Graham Ashcraft Under 2.5 earned runs allowed at -130 at DraftKings.
Be first to get our exclusive offers!
Join today to stay up to date on your states gambling news and offers.